Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 4, 2024, 8:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An infinite progress
RE: An infinite progress
(September 8, 2021 at 2:57 pm)Ahriman Wrote:
(September 8, 2021 at 2:52 pm)Angrboda Wrote: Always?  Methinks thou dost protest too much.  I'd ask for citations except that I know that this, like all your claims, came straight from your ass.
In an atheist's mind, rejecting religion and rejecting the idea of God, are the same thing.

Atheism is simply the lack of belief in a god/s.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Every time someone hits a letter on their computer's keyboard they demonstrate that they care about evidence. The only reason you hit a key on a keyboard is sensory evidence that says "the letter W key is there."

If your post reads: "Why do you care about evidence so much?"

That means you cared about evidence 42 times (at minimum). Including necessary clicks to enter the thread, type each character, and hit "post reply."
(September 12, 2021 at 11:34 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(September 8, 2021 at 11:45 am)Ahriman Wrote: Why do you care about evidence so much?

Why don’t you?
God and death are the only certain things, and of those, only death can be proven. In fact, death is the only provable thing. Everything else in existence is open to conjecture. God is certain, only for a number of abstract reasons, none of which an atheist would understand.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(September 13, 2021 at 12:02 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(September 12, 2021 at 11:34 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Why don’t you?
God and death are the only certain things, and of those, only death can be proven. In fact, death is the only provable thing. Everything else in existence is open to conjecture. God is certain, only for a number of abstract reasons, none of which an atheist would understand.

Oh, I’m too dumb to understand? What is it about someone being an atheist that renders them incapable of comprehending your reasoning?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

(September 13, 2021 at 12:07 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(September 13, 2021 at 12:02 am)Ahriman Wrote: God and death are the only certain things, and of those, only death can be proven. In fact, death is the only provable thing. Everything else in existence is open to conjecture. God is certain, only for a number of abstract reasons, none of which an atheist would understand.

Oh, I’m too dumb to understand? What is it about someone being an atheist that makes them incapable of comprehending your reasoning?
You ask good questions. God would have every reason to respect someone who asks good questions. But it's not because you're dumb, I'm not saying you are, it's just that an atheistic mentality isn't conducive to understanding things of a spiritual nature. Very simple.
Question 
See, you and I Camus, we can only understand concrete truths.

We're atheists. That means we can't think abstractly. We lack the capability.

That's why we don't believe in God.
(September 13, 2021 at 12:13 am)Ahriman Wrote:
(September 13, 2021 at 12:07 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Oh, I’m too dumb to understand? What is it about someone being an atheist that makes them incapable of comprehending your reasoning?
You ask good questions. God would have every reason to respect someone who asks good questions. But it's not because you're dumb, I'm not saying you are, it's just that an atheistic mentality isn't conducive to understanding things of a spiritual nature. Very simple.
“Atheistic mentality?” What is that, exactly?

(September 13, 2021 at 12:17 am)vulcanlogician Wrote: See, you and I Camus, we can only understand concrete truths.

We're atheists. That means we can't think abstractly. We lack the capability.

That's why we don't believe in God.

It’s probably why I have always sucked at math. 😉

(September 13, 2021 at 12:18 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(September 13, 2021 at 12:13 am)Ahriman Wrote: You ask good questions. God would have every reason to respect someone who asks good questions. But it's not because you're dumb, I'm not saying you are, it's just that an atheistic mentality isn't conducive to understanding things of a spiritual nature. Very simple.
“Atheistic mentality?” What is that, exactly?
Relying on the solidity of temporal concepts, demanding empirical evidence for claims made, etc.
I hate math.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Principle of Contingent Causation: The Impossibility of Infinite Regress. Nishant Xavier 441 19340 August 13, 2023 at 9:10 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  3 Questions For Believers (A work in progress.) topher 187 32015 April 20, 2015 at 7:56 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Progress Minimalist 15 3382 December 20, 2013 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Formulating a rational defense of skepticism (a work in progress) Vincenzo Vinny G. 49 14697 September 4, 2012 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: JohnDG
  "The Judeo-Christian God Is Infinite"-Einstein michaelsherlock 7 3092 April 13, 2012 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Phil