Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 20, 2024, 12:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roe v. Wade is gone.
RE: Roe v. Wade is gone.
[Image: SQbPiLZ.jpeg]

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Women supporting the Republican Party is like chickens supporting KFC.

Boru
A bright spot in this unholy mess:

[Image: NUixs92.jpeg]

Boru
Aw sweet, more criminals......I mean babies.
"Imagination, life is your creation"
(June 25, 2022 at 5:19 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: A bright spot in this unholy mess:

Boru

Um "Reimbursement"? Ok, how  does that work if you don't have the money in the first place? "You pay for it first, send us the bill, and well will give you your money back." Um that cannot work if the person doesn't have the money in the first place. And notice the other hitch? You have to be enrolled in their company health care plan. 

One of my former bosses had us at a meeting, he introduced an employee who worked for an insurance company. It had a wide rage of menu options, but to be fully pragmatically effective one would have to buy the entire bundle. And the idea was that monthly premium came out of your paycheck. I looked at all the prices and being that my wages at the time were a meager $9.00 an hour, if I did that, I wouldn't have a dime left over. This is simply virtue signaling.
(June 25, 2022 at 8:57 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(June 25, 2022 at 5:19 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: A bright spot in this unholy mess:

Boru

Um "Reimbursement"? Ok, how  does that work if you don't have the money in the first place? "You pay for it first, send us the bill, and well will give you your money back." Um that cannot work if the person doesn't have the money in the first place. And notice the other hitch? You have to be enrolled in their company health care plan. 

One of my former bosses had us at a meeting, he introduced an employee who worked for an insurance company. It had a wide rage of menu options, but to be fully pragmatically effective one would have to buy the entire bundle. And the idea was that monthly premium came out of your paycheck. I looked at all the prices and being that my wages at the time were a meager $9.00 an hour, if I did that, I wouldn't have a dime left over. This is simply virtue signaling.

Some of these companies are doing a hell of a lot more than the government is.  Reimbursing someone up to $4,000.00 is a damn sight better than making someone have and care for a child that they either don't want or know they are ill-equipped to raise.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(June 25, 2022 at 8:57 am)Brian37 Wrote:

Boru

Oh, ffs.

Boru
I've never been the most knowledgeable on the legal side of things. Yet, there are two opinions about this that I find odd. The first one says this is good because it's returning power to the people. On paper they say it brings power down to the state from the federal level, but in practice this took power away from the individual and gave it to the state. Individual choice was lost and given to the state government, wasn't it? And it's a counterintuitive dynamic that only occurs when the Federal government champions a right. If on the other hand they were taking away a right, by banning abortions, only in that scenario will giving the choice to the State bring any power back to the people.

The second argument is the one that views this as a moral victory. If your views are that abortion is always wrong, everywhere, and for any reason, then isn't this still a loss for you if even one state deems it legal? I'm not sure what is morally gained by this. And if you're comfortable with individual states deciding for themselves, then how is that different from individual people deciding for themselves?
There is nothing empowering about this ruling it was a partisan act against the popular will of the people to fulfill the agenda of the religious right and because abortion is moral this is a loss any loss of access is a loss period.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Justice Clarence Thomas still silent:

Wikipedia -- Loving v. Virginia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaked Supreme Court Decision signals majority set to overturn Roe v. Wade Cecelia 234 22484 June 7, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1652 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  HBO removes Gone with the wind. ignoramus 156 9163 June 29, 2020 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  If roe vs. Wade is overturned. CapnAwesome 58 5146 October 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Toys 'R' Us have gone Ker Plunk! ignoramus 11 1300 May 23, 2018 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The WLB Should Have Gone To The Correspondents Dinner Minimalist 0 671 April 28, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Where no wiener should have gone. brewer 49 7477 August 15, 2017 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Norma McCorvey, "Jane Roe" in Roe v. Wade abortion case, dead at 69 c172 1 1059 February 18, 2017 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  The Thrill Is Gone, BB King Dies 89 Brian37 21 3567 May 16, 2015 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Exian
  Oh Arkansas, you've gone too far SteelCurtain 11 2580 February 16, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Aisha