Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh Arkansas, you've gone too far
Oh Arkansas, you've gone too far
So the state of Arkansas has leveled up. They took it to the roof, like, right away.

A couple of months ago, the City of Fayetteville, Arkansas, passed an ordinance that would prevent any business, housing, or public entity from discriminating on the basis of sexuality, gender identity, marital status, or veteran status. An amendment was even made to exclude churches and non-profits. Everyone knows churches need to be able to discriminate.

Nice, right? Who could have a problem with not firing people for being gay or being subject to an investigation and penalties if you decide not to rent your apartment to someone because they are transgender?

Well, Michelle Duggar did. The Cornucopia Cooch herself, of 19 Kids and Counting, spent a buttload of money, robo-called residents in the Fayetteville area warning of "males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female to have a legal right to enter private areas that are reserved for women and girls" (that oh-so common threat---even though there has never been a recorded incidence of this happening in all the states where anti-discrimination laws exist) and dumping $10,000 into the pockets of the three most outspoken opponents of the Anti-Discrimination ordinance. A city vote of 52-48 repealed the ordinance.

In a proactive measure to prevent this from ever happening again, the Arkansas state legislature passed this turd: SB202.

Arkansas State Bill 202 Wrote:(a) A county, municipality, or other political subdivision of the state shall not adopt or enforce an ordinance, resolution, rule, or policy that creates a protected classification or prohibits discrimination on a basis not contained in state law.
(b) This section does not apply to a rule or policy that pertains only to the employees of a county, municipality, or other political subdivision.

This is just gross, to me. They have literally legislated discrimination. Is it 1962?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: Oh Arkansas, you've gone too far
Citations ery much need for any threat from people having gender reassignment surgery just to get closer to children. This is as bad as saying they're go into a bathroom before the surgery actually takes place just to "flaunt their privates". Oh please. I've been using public restrooms and locker rooms for years. It's not hard to keep myself from seeing dicks, and no one has ever tried to bring attention to their members.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

This just makes me really, really sad.
(February 15, 2015 at 4:40 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Citations ery much need for any threat from people having gender reassignment surgery just to get closer to children. This is as bad as saying they're go into a bathroom before the surgery actually takes place just to "flaunt their privates". Oh please. I've been using public restrooms and locker rooms for years. It's not hard to keep myself from seeing dicks, and no one has ever tried to bring attention to their members.

It's not only this---the entire premise is just stupid. There are tons of men out there who have been convicted of crimes against male children who go into public restrooms every day. What this sort of fearmongering is really saying is that LGBT people are more likely to engage in sexual assault than other citizens, even cisgender people who actually have been proven to be predators.

Either way, if a cisgender person was intent on victimizing a child using some sort of loophole created by these bills, the idea would be anonymity, right? Their goal is obviously to get away with it. You just put on a dress and walk into the women's bathroom, you are obviously going to be noteworthy.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Yes, it's not as if we don't have enough stories about men molesting/raping boys without someone spending money to get surgery in the hopes of making it easier. Even most pedophiles won't go that far just to get at children. Way too much time and money just for some short term benefit.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...

I just find it ridiculous that one would assume all transwomen have a history of sex offenses. Trans people are already a vanishingly small minority in society as is, and it's probably again a vanishingly small minority of trans people who are guilty of sex offenses. So we're talking probably one in thousands of people.

And again this ironic argument again that LGBT people are child predators... You want to find the nearest child predator, go to your local church and find the priest, who has probably preached anti-gay rhetoric at some point.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Yeah, priest may as well be synonymous with pedophile. Nice guy. Good life lessons. Just don't let him be alone with the kids.

I absolutely despise the Duggars. They are the very embodiment of all that is wrong with this country.

I do get the feeling that these hardcore conservatives, especially the ones in consevative governments, are competing to see who can take their ideology to the furthest extreme. The tide of society is turning against them, so they are becoming increasingly reactionary.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The Duggars follow a extremist view of Christianity called Gothardism named after the founder, Bill Gothard. Beliefs include no birth control(hence the Duggars 20 biological children), a dress code for women, adult children remain at home until marriage and father approved coutship. You can go on youtube and find a rather cringe worthy video of Jessa Duggar being allowed by her dad to side hug her future husband. The most scary fact is that a robo call from Michelle Duggar could influence voting habits of anyone outside the Gothard movememnt
Well, when she instills the very real fear of pedophiles acting like transgenders to get a hold of your children in you, you'd be a bad parent not to ACT NOW!!!!!

I relish the fact that the Duggar's tax money will be part of the money that gets spent on the futile defense of this bill as it gets overturned by a federal court. I feel sorry for the rest of Arkansas' tax payers who will have to foot the bill.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roe v. Wade is gone. Jehanne 641 49372 April 24, 2024 at 11:10 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Too PC for me. onlinebiker 256 14004 December 20, 2021 at 6:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  NAACP going to far? brewer 17 1240 October 30, 2021 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  How far do we go? Brian37 7 677 September 8, 2021 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The far right thinking they know pronouns Foxaèr 6 333 May 27, 2021 at 1:31 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Going a bit far with pronoun usage again Foxaèr 20 1369 May 18, 2021 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1254 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Serious] Far-Right Extremism Is a Global Problem WinterHold 164 12475 February 17, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  NRA, too many hands in the cookie jar? Gawdzilla Sama 11 847 November 28, 2020 at 1:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] Far right seizing COVID-19 ‘opportunity’ to expand: Study WinterHold 8 523 November 23, 2020 at 4:21 am
Last Post: WinterHold