Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 18, 2024, 10:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth's recent climate spiral.
RE: Earth's recent climate spiral.
The issue of recycling is the first example of greenwashing, itself. Wherein companies offloaded their legally mandated duty to conserve valuable resources onto the consumers of their products, all the while blaming those consumers for the mess those companies had made, and pretending that this was being done to save the environment.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Despite all the subsidies and efforts of right wing governments to maintain coal, gas and oil as our primary source of energy, renewable energies are set to surpass fossil energies by 2027.

Article:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/column-solar-wind-energy-killing-130042166.html

Graph:

[Image: 42f81068fc850112ba6ebef1c8090fe4]
(December 14, 2022 at 6:11 am)Leonardo17 Wrote: Despite all the subsidies and efforts of right wing governments to maintain coal, gas and oil as our primary source of energy, renewable energies are set to surpass fossil energies by 2027.

Article:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/column-solar-wind-energy-killing-130042166.html

Graph:

[Image: 42f81068fc850112ba6ebef1c8090fe4]

It's irrelevant. Even though the Mauna Loa observatory has been down now for almost a month (due to a volcano eruption and subsequent power outage), carbon dioxide emissions are still increasing at 2 ppm annum. It does not matter the source of CO2 (all of which have identical chemical properties), if levels are continuing to increase, and, they are.
A hard freeze dropped mid October.  Shut down the green, along with the red and orange, leaving just brown.  Then climes turned temperate enough to fool a few shrubs that winter had come and gone.

So now it's minus God's love and I'm the idiot with sheets over lilac, forsythia and sweet nectar.  Fuck you, British Petroleum   Stop petroleum my street.
We are under a Blizzard Warning with -55F wind chills. Next week temps are forecasted to be in the mid-40s.
(November 11, 2022 at 4:09 pm)Jehanne Wrote: Something is terribly wrong with the Ding-Dong US climate policy to what President Biden has correctly referred to as an "existential threat" to Humanity.  What to do?

A 2 Celsius increase is going to be pure hell, by the way.

Aquinas: “I don’t have a pile of observations, but here’s some clever word salad proving God exists”

Christian: “Okay, I’ll buy that.”

NOAA: “We don’t have a clever word salad but here’s a hundred years of ocean temperature data proving change.”

Christian: “I don’t buy that.”
There are incredible scenes from the village of Lützerath in West-Germany. Greta Thunberg + Climate activists will not let the German Coal Company RWE raze this abandoned village in order to be able to mine a very dirty type of Coal that lies underneath the village.

In the video the “Mud Wizard” is seen trapping security forces into a trap of mud. (Very versatile people! Just keep on with the good stuff Smile Smile

https://www.yahoo.com/news/greta-thunberg-mud-wizard-faced-005644586.html
Greta Thunberg doesn't understand that blaming American capitalists won't stop developing countries from emiting 73% of CO2.
Quote:Greta Thunberg doesn't understand that blaming American capitalists won't stop developing countries from emiting 73% of CO2.
Actually, she blames everyone (including herself) not just American capitalists so she does understand this.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(January 17, 2023 at 7:35 am)Helios Wrote:
Quote:Greta Thunberg doesn't understand that blaming American capitalists won't stop developing countries from emiting 73% of CO2.
Actually, she blames everyone (including herself) not just American capitalists so she does understand this.

including people in developing countries? Climate alarmists usually blame rich countries only.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Earth' Recent CLimate Spiral 2.0 Leonardo17 105 9446 November 5, 2023 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: Leonardo17
  I am so sick of climate change deniers. Brian37 34 3927 November 23, 2020 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Can we recover from human caused climate change? Aroura 27 7865 November 23, 2020 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Geocentric Earth Haipule 174 31608 September 1, 2018 at 8:13 pm
Last Post: Haipule
  Climate Change and ecological collapse ph445 42 10487 August 3, 2017 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Various ways of fighting climate change dyresand 15 3920 April 1, 2017 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  When religion is at odds with climate change research Aegon 24 3474 December 28, 2016 at 1:51 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Earth-Like Planet around Proxima? Alex K 30 5133 August 14, 2016 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Climate change Won2blv 56 12725 May 17, 2015 at 3:27 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Climate change skeptic turned proponent Surgenator 26 7449 February 19, 2015 at 2:09 am
Last Post: Surgenator