Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 4:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Stupid things religious people say
RE: Stupid things religious people say
'We found demons in known places of illicit sex.' And I'm sure that's the only reason you were even IN those places, Father O'Diddlesworth.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
[Image: 7mYfNHp2_o.jpg]

Especially from the talking sausage puppet above his crotch.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Clement of Alexandria: “Every woman should be filled with shame by the thought that she is a woman.”

Tertullian: “Woman is a temple built over a sewer, the gateway to the devil. Woman, you are the devil’s doorway. You led astray one whom the devil would not dare attack directly. It was your fault that the Son of God had to die; you should always go in mourning and rags.”

Augustine: “Woman was merely man’s helpmate, a function which pertains to her alone. She is not the image of God but as far as man is concerned, he is by himself the image of God.”

Pope Gregory I: “Woman is slow in understanding and her unstable and naive mind renders her by way of natural weakness to the necessity of a strong hand in her husband. Her ‘use’ is two fold; animal sex and motherhood.”

Thomas Aquinas: “Woman is [a] defective and misbegotten male [probably defected due to] some external influence, such as that of a south wind, which is moist.”

Martin Luther: “Women should stay at home, keep house and bear children. If a woman dies from childbearing, let her die. That is all she is here for.”
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Yikes, that's some awful shit!
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
The Catholic priest who taught religion to my senior class in high school pretty much agreed with Martin Luther's assessment of women.  He was also a creationist who denied that evolution ever happened. I considered him a nut case even before I graduated.  Dodgy
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Frozen for Jesus

[Image: bJFaoylv_o.jpeg]

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-46794556
Nigerian pastor ascends to Heaven

LOL!!

[Image: Y6ZyoizT_o.jpg]
Gandhi and Einstein, loving the darkness!
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(January 18, 2023 at 10:11 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Gandhi and Einstein, loving the darkness!

They both were racists and perverts.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 14823 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 697 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 18033 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 9343 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  Stupid christans look to ban Good Omens GUBU 64 6846 July 11, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Religious people in the medical field Foxaèr 35 7228 November 11, 2018 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 36 5170 July 3, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Religious texts used to manipulate people Foxaèr 13 3932 June 10, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4353 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Just how stupid were the ancient Israelites? The Valkyrie 115 15707 June 1, 2018 at 5:39 am
Last Post: Joods