Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 29, 2024, 12:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women's Rights
RE: Women's Rights
(April 15, 2023 at 7:41 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I don't need protection.  What I need from time to time is someone to reach something on an upper shelf or in an upper cabinet.  'Cause I am very short.  But in the event that a taller person isn't around, I can move a chair over and climb on it and get what I need.  

Said tall person can be whatever they are or want to be as long as they aren't as vertically challenged as I am.

pfft - the idea that men need to protect women is something to make men feel important.

I’m 6’4”, 220 lbs, and my wife needs my ‘protection’ about as much as a fish needs a bicycle.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Yeah, it's probably not about protection, but that No-Scholastic, Lek, and Huggy just want to mingle with these "guys" in men's rooms.

[Image: 4KTREIwM_o.jpg]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(April 15, 2023 at 6:29 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote:
(April 14, 2023 at 8:46 pm)Jackalope Wrote: Unsurprising since they're continuing to conflate sex (biology) with gender (sociology), even after being corrected.  It's almost as if they're willfully wrong.

I accept the biology because it is science. I reject the sociology of gender because it is postmodern bullshit. Trans women are pretend women.

[Image: 71275PB_600x.jpg?v=1532391463]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(April 15, 2023 at 7:41 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I don't need protection.  What I need from time to time is someone to reach something on an upper shelf or in an upper cabinet.  'Cause I am very short.  But in the event that a taller person isn't around, I can move a chair over and climb on it and get what I need.  

Said tall person can be whatever they are or want to be as long as they aren't as vertically challenged as I am.

pfft - the idea that men need to protect women is something to make men feel important.

[Image: aurxkyr-jpg.359215]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I think non-binary is rather pretend, or at least somewhere on the self-delusion spectrum, but trans is quite legitimate. I often think those against trans are erroneously confusing it with the non-binary concept.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
More of a strange concept that I’ll never truly understand (that is nevertheless a thriving community) than a self-delusion.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 15, 2023 at 6:29 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Trans women are pretend women.

Get bent, ass-clown.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(April 15, 2023 at 8:56 pm)Tomato Wrote: I think non-binary is rather pretend, or at least somewhere on the self-delusion spectrum, but trans is quite legitimate. I often think those against trans are erroneously confusing it with the non-binary concept.

Good thing that what you think matters not to those outside your head.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Quote:I accept the biology because it is science.
There is nothing about biology that contradicts the existence of Transpeople. 

Quote: I reject the sociology of gender because it is postmodern bullshit.
Rejecting a whole academic field because it doesn't fit your ideology is cringe. 

Quote: Trans women are pretend women.
Trans Women are real women
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Quote:That's literally been our job since forever. It's not the women that get drafted when wars pop off, while the men had to stay and fight in Ukraine the women and children got to leave. Interestingly enough when all that was happening in Ukraine, you didn't hear not one peep from feminists...
There are tons of women volunteers in Ukraine's armed forces and why should feminists want women to be drafted or anyone to be drafted? Also, want to know who invented the idea of a men's only draft?..... Men because supposedly women are unfit for combat ... Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trans women banned from world chess LinuxGal 37 3921 October 15, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  New Zealand - you gotta be this old to have rights. onlinebiker 123 8534 December 13, 2021 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  J.K. Rowling had to return civil rights award Silver 68 6213 October 16, 2020 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Rank Stranger
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 3294 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Damned Women BrianSoddingBoru4 26 2762 December 19, 2019 at 6:00 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Another liberal using women John V 38 4572 October 19, 2018 at 7:47 am
Last Post: John V
  Ghanem Almasarir, Saudi Human Rights Activist attacked in London WinterHold 3 732 October 12, 2018 at 4:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  California Requires Women on Corp Boards by law. brewer 49 5346 October 11, 2018 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Dr H
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 571 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, Round 2 Angrboda 330 23536 August 23, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Amarok