Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Zealand - you gotta be this old to have rights.
New Zealand - you gotta be this old to have rights.
Seem pretty fucked up to me.

They got a new law - that if you are born after a certain date - you can NEVER buy tobacco products....
RE: New Zealand - you gotta be this old to have rights.
Well, I guess I can scratch that hellhole off my list of retirement options.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Yeah, mean old NZ, taking steps to stamp out a disgusting dangerous habit. Oh, the shame if it all.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 9, 2021 at 11:24 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yeah, mean old NZ, taking steps to stamp out a disgusting dangerous habit. Oh, the shame if it all.

Boru

Hey - you could get rid of all sorts of nasty behavior by taking away the right to free speech. And let' s end bullying by restricting internet usage by people born after 1960.....

It will be a utopia......

Goodnight
Sounds like a good idea.. not having that stink when walking behind a smoker!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

(December 9, 2021 at 11:55 am)onlinebiker Wrote:
(December 9, 2021 at 11:24 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Yeah, mean old NZ, taking steps to stamp out a disgusting dangerous habit. Oh, the shame if it all.

Boru

Hey - you could get rid of all sorts of nasty behavior by taking away the right to free speech. And let' s end bullying by restricting internet usage by people born after 1960.....

Goodnight

Free speech and online bullying don’t take $6 billion out of the New Zealand healthcare system every year. Secondhand free speech doesn’t cause 1700 new cases of childhood asthma every year. Neither of the things you sneakily mention cause cancer, emphysema, bronchitis, tooth loss, gum disease, and a stench that would knock a buzzard off a gut wagon.

Someone else’s ‘right’ to smoke shouldn’t infringe to my right to fucking breathe.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 9, 2021 at 11:57 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Sounds like a good idea.. not having that stink when walking behind a smoker!

I don' t smoke. Or chew. Or stuff cigars up my ass (is that a thing? I'll bet there' s a dedicated web site).
I don't allow it in my house or car..I barely tolerate it outdoors. (Don' t be pitching your butts in my yard).

But - creating second class citizens hardly seems like an equitable way of handling a distasteful habit.

(December 9, 2021 at 12:03 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(December 9, 2021 at 11:55 am)onlinebiker Wrote: Hey - you could get rid of all sorts of nasty behavior by taking away the right to free speech. And let' s end bullying by restricting internet usage by people born after 1960.....

Goodnight

Free speech and online bullying don’t take $6 billion out of the New Zealand healthcare system every year. Secondhand free speech doesn’t cause 1700 new cases of childhood asthma every year. Neither of the things you sneakily mention cause cancer, emphysema, bronchitis, tooth loss, gum disease, and a stench that would knock a buzzard off a gut wagon.

Someone else’s ‘right’ to smoke shouldn’t infringe to my right to fucking breathe.

Boru
If it' s that bad (and I agree it is) - don' t allow it. Period.

But - take a look at the US model of prohibition ( alcohol)  as a model of what to expect.
(December 9, 2021 at 12:03 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(December 9, 2021 at 11:57 am)zebo-the-fat Wrote: Sounds like a good idea.. not having that stink when walking behind a smoker!

I don' t smoke. Or chew. Or stuff cigars up my ass (is that a thing? I'll bet there' s a dedicated web site).
I don't allow it in my house or car..I barely tolerate it outdoors. (Don' t be pitching your butts in my yard).

But - creating second class citizens hardly seems like an equitable way of handling a distasteful habit.

On the contrary, it seems like the best way. In addition to banning tobacco use by people born after 2004, I’d like to see a rider attached to the law making it a protected right to douse public smokers with concentrated air freshener, or (best case) animal feces.

Boru

Your edit: I would LOVE to see the tobacco ban follow the Prohibition model. Imagine it - gangs of licensed law-enforcement types raiding illegal smoke-easies, carting people off to jail, smashing up tobacco dens, and so on. I’d even be ok with the creation of a new segment of organized crime for cops to go after. Just thinking about is giving me a tingle in my special place.
The New Zealand Nicotine Mafia appreciates your support.....
(December 9, 2021 at 12:21 pm)onlinebiker Wrote: The New Zealand Nicotine Mafia appreciates your support.....

Think it through - turf wars, larger-than-life crime lords, real excitement on the evening news…

The world needs another Al Capone.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women's Rights Lek 314 18441 April 25, 2023 at 5:22 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  J.K. Rowling had to return civil rights award Foxaèr 68 4956 October 16, 2020 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Rank Stranger
  [Serious] G-20 leaders, don’t forget the women’s rights advocates rotting in Saudi prisons WinterHold 47 2155 September 23, 2020 at 6:26 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Zealand Bans Assault Weapons chimp3 61 5806 March 28, 2019 at 8:05 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Serious] America can you pls stop meddling in countries you have no busienss in. Cepheus Ace 44 2452 March 26, 2019 at 11:51 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  New Zealand Bans Manifesto BrianSoddingBoru4 74 6454 March 24, 2019 at 9:00 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ghanem Almasarir, Saudi Human Rights Activist attacked in London WinterHold 3 609 October 12, 2018 at 4:02 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Fuck Your Property Rights, You Scumbag Bastard Minimalist 0 491 October 1, 2018 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission, Round 2 Angrboda 330 17156 August 23, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Hypothetical For Gun Rights Advocates BrianSoddingBoru4 79 7889 April 2, 2018 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Lek