Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 6:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Absurd GOP
RE: The Absurd GOP
(May 21, 2023 at 3:16 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Marjorie Taylor Greene shows off her Confederate beer cooler in a new workout video

Supporters of Greene didn't seem to care much about spotting the imagery, explaining it away as "southern pride."

"A confederate flag just means you like the old south culture. So do most of us," on person said on Twitter.

"Dude the confederate flag is only racist if you want it to be. stop projecting," replied another MTG supporter.

Last year, Greene publicly championed Confederacy in a befuddled but broader sense when she visited the Wilder monument in Chickamauga, GA to honor Confederate soldiers of the Wilder Brigade.

"I will always defend our nation's history," Greene said in a post to Twitter, sharing pics from her trip.

In a comical twist, people where quick to point out that the particular monument visited by Greene during that trek was actually in honor of Union soldiers, not Confederate. But it's the thought that counts.

https://www.salon.com/2023/05/21/marjori...out-video/

I realize that this dimmest of bulbs though she was defending the Confederacy. The trouble is, that's not her nation. The Confederacy was a foreign country and an enemy of her nation. That's what all the shooting was about.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
[Image: zpoUOyB.jpg]
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

Marjorie Taylor Greene's boyfriend Brian Glenn in drag

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(May 19, 2023 at 10:37 am)Dmitry1983 Wrote:
(May 19, 2023 at 9:58 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Chile has low welfare spending too.

I don't know much about Chile but isn't it the most advanced economy in Latin America?

That would be Brazil.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Are you ready for the virgin president?

Abstinence Advocate Scott Asked If He’s Still A Virgin

Washington Post reporter Ben Terris spoke with Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) while he was in the process of writing his soon-to-be released book The Big Break: The Gamblers, Party Animals, and True Believers Trying to Win in Washington While America Loses Its Mind.

Scott has now entered the 2024 Republican primary, and his campaign message is expected to be based upon his religious convictions and an optimistic outlook for America. Since this makes Scott’s input that much more interesting for Terris’ book, the latter decided to share details from an interview they had where Terris apparently asked Scott if he was still a virgin.

Tim Scott will be the first prez candidate I’ve ever asked about the status of his virginity.

Initial answer: “I’m not talking about my sex life with Ben Terris.”

Then he stood up and said: “I have to go potty.”

It wasn’t a completely random question. He had spent his young adult life preaching abstinence until marriage. He’d give talks and mention that he was saving himself until marriage, and during my interview with the then-congressman he was, and continues to be unmarried.

https://www.mediaite.com/weird/reporter-...-a-virgin/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(May 19, 2023 at 8:09 am)Helios Wrote:
Quote:China has low welfare spending and less worker protections than the US and its economy is growing very fast.
China's economy is slowing down and its lack of social programs is starting to hurt its populace. Also, there is more than one way to build an economy. The US should not sacrifice its people.Also, Austerity doesn't work.

Given how much China cooks the books on growth, it's economy has probably been in negative numbers for the last two years at least.

And with Xi being a committed Maoist, the economy is not going to get better any time soon.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(May 22, 2023 at 2:58 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Are you ready for the virgin president?

Abstinence Advocate Scott Asked If He’s Still A Virgin

Washington Post reporter Ben Terris spoke with Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC) while he was in the process of writing his soon-to-be released book The Big Break: The Gamblers, Party Animals, and True Believers Trying to Win in Washington While America Loses Its Mind.

Scott has now entered the 2024 Republican primary, and his campaign message is expected to be based upon his religious convictions and an optimistic outlook for America.  Since this makes Scott’s input that much more interesting for Terris’ book, the latter decided to share details from an interview they had where Terris apparently asked Scott if he was still a virgin.

Tim Scott will be the first prez candidate I’ve ever asked about the status of his virginity.

Initial answer: “I’m not talking about my sex life with Ben Terris.”

Then he stood up and said: “I have to go potty.”

It wasn’t a completely random question. He had spent his young adult life preaching abstinence until marriage. He’d give talks and mention that he was saving himself until marriage, and during my interview with the then-congressman he was, and continues to be unmarried.

https://www.mediaite.com/weird/reporter-...-a-virgin/

And you can sum up Scott's campaign in six words: "White men good, black men evil."
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(May 20, 2023 at 11:46 pm)Ravenshire Wrote:
(May 20, 2023 at 10:43 pm)Helios Wrote: China is an authoritarian regime with the government heavily involved in the economy and yes they have fewer worker protections that's not a good thing.... Dodgy

Come now. It doesn't matter how many workers are killed, maimed, or injured. As long as the GDP is high, they're winning!

@Dmitry1983 is simply an ignorant chuckle-fuck that will never understand that quality of life will always be more important than national GDP.

Lack of growth makes an economy fragile so any major disruption will decrease quality of life.
(May 21, 2023 at 2:18 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
(May 20, 2023 at 10:20 pm)Dmitry1983 Wrote: Сhina has pro-business economic policies and less worker protections than the US. They explicitly said that they copied Singapore's model.
China said so. Now that settles it.
You also kinda seem to be proud of having less workers protections. Are you a worker, if i may ask?
Workers need to make a sacrifice for their country.

Quote:The reality is:
China has, in the past few years, cracked down on the tech sector particularly.
and their economy was slowing down at the same time. Interesting.

Quote:China is a centralized country, politically and economically. The economy is under FULL control of the state and its only purpose is to serve the goals of the state. You "forgot" to mention that part, i guess.
Wrong. China's private sector generates 60% of GDP.

Quote:You are full of shit, and you know it. Go and peddle your kremlinesque bullshit elsewhere.
I'm using standard conservative arguments.

Quote:Or....just move to f.ing China if you love the (lack of) freedom there. What, why arent you packing yet?
Why don't you move to France or Sweden?

Quote:Oh, and regarding GDP:
Per capita, each EU citizen 2,5x more productive than a chinese one. Can you imagine all the infrastructure you need to provide for all those (inefficient) people? Housing, food, clothes, water, electricity, etc.?
German economy took 20 years to grow by 25%. It takes China 3 years to do the same.

Quote:* 15% of all electronic parts have to be of Chinese origin, if you, a foreign company want any project awards. Problem: Chinese semiconductors are worse and more expensive than the one you would normally use (mostly from FABs in....Taiwan). In 5 years they will introduce discrete semiconductors as well as microcontrollers with performance of current parts from Taiwan (or elswhere). Yet...they are catching up.
China is going to invade Taiwan soon.
(May 22, 2023 at 11:36 am)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(May 19, 2023 at 10:37 am)Dmitry1983 Wrote: I don't know much about Chile but isn't it the most advanced economy in Latin America?

That would be Brazil.

You are confusing the biggest with the best. Brazil GDP per capita is $9k while Chile GDP per capita is $16k among the highest in Latin America.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 47 4798 April 30, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1356 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 12109 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1901 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 2110 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1297 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 3021 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  GOP Jesus Minimalist 1 630 November 13, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America GODZILLA 25 3522 July 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1377 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist