Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 1:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God.
RE: Conscience and the Moral Argument as Evidence for the Goodness of God.
Quote:Who really cares: the Surprising Truth about Compassionate Conservatism" by Prof. Arthur Brooks?
Lol peddling Conservative propaganda now  Hehe
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Likely the only god Nishant believes in.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Considering there are rightwingers who say the literally worship Donald Trump. This is no great surprise.
"Change was inevitable"

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

Lol, Notice how you Atheists ignored the points and made it about Politics. Did you read, "Political Affiliation is Almost Irrelevant?" And please don't commit the genetic fallacy of arguing something must be mistaken just because it was written in a conservative book. The studies the author refers to are freely available in the public domain.

"The book uses data from many sources to prove that the one overwhelming predictor of generosity is religion. Political affiliation is almost irrelevent - the statistics for religious liberals and religious conservaties are identical. Religious people are statistically more likely to give than secularists (91% to 66%), and give more of their money (3.5 times more than secularists), are more likely to volunteer their time (67% to 44%), and volunteer more of their time (almost twice as much). The fact that the conservative population is more charitable than the liberal population is due to the fact that religious people tend to be politically conservative."

"once the author reveals that religion is the cause of conservative generosity, that liberal Christians give almost as much as conservative Christians, and that non-religious conservatives are actually the least compassionate and generous group, the surprise is ruined, because it’s really not much of a surprise that religious people give more than non-religious people (unless you’re a staunch atheist who thinks religious people are evil)."..

[Emphasis mine] How on Earth did you make that Political? Politics is fine, but this Empirical Result is the opposite of Politics, for it shows (1) Political Affiliation is Almost Irrelevant (2) Religion is the Cause of Conservative Generosity, i.e. [mostly Christian] Religion is the Reason people are more generous. Christians donate more to secular causes than secularists.

[And again, if you knew the teachings of Jesus Christ Our Lord, you would not doubt why this is: Over and over again, He linked Salvation to Good Works of Alms-Giving and Charity, and this in fact is what it means to Store up Treasures in Heaven according to His Command. Martin Luther in fact wrongly rejected this to teach Good Works are of no Value, though it appears some modern Evangelical Christians have rejected Luther's opinion and gone back to Christ's Teaching. See Pastor Warren below]

Again, multiple studies attest this. Just attacking Prof. Brooks (Lol, Classic Militant Atheist Tactic of "Shoot the Messenger") isn't going to change anything of underlying ground realities. 

Grand Nudger: "You big on charity, Nishant"

Yes. My linked in bio is, "I dream of an India/Earth where no one is Poor or Hungry". God says this in the oh-so-criticized OT: "However, there need be no poor people among you, for in the land the Lord your God is giving you to possess as your inheritance, he will richly bless you, if only you fully obey the Lord your God and are careful to follow all these commands I am giving you today. For the Lord your God will bless you as he has promised, and you will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. You will rule over many nations but none will rule over you. If anyone is poor among your fellow Israelites in any of the towns of the land the Lord your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward them. Rather, be openhanded and freely lend them whatever they need. Be careful not to harbor this wicked thought: “The seventh year, the year for canceling debts, is near,” so that you do not show ill will toward the needy among your fellow Israelites and give them nothing. They may then appeal to the Lord against you, and you will be found guilty of sin. 10 Give generously to them and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to." (Deut 15)

Countries which are trillions of dollars in debt, btw, would also be wise to apply these Actual Biblical Principles of Cancelling Debts after 7 odd years. But of course everyone thinks they know better than God what is good, including some Christians.

But yes, God does say, very clearly, there need be no poor people among you, once you are blessed enough to make it happen.

But, another of my heroes on this issue is Pastor Rick Warren. He gives an Amazing 90% to Charity, so-called Reverse Tithing. He is indeed a Millionaire, and steadily increased his %age as his wealth went up, but imagine if All Millionaires did that.

Everyone in fact, millionaire or not, should increase their % of giving, from at least 10% to charity, to more, as their wealth goes up. That's the real solution to world poverty and hunger, and we can definitely do it in our time if enough people are willing.

Here's Pastor Warren: "Kay and I became reverse tithers. When we got married 30 years ago, we began tithing 10%. Each year we would raise our tithe 1% to stretch our faith: 11% the first year, 12% the second year, 13% the third year. Every time I give, it breaks the grip of materialism in my life. Every time I give, it makes me more like Jesus. Every time I give, my heart grows bigger. And so now, we give away 90% and we live on 10%. That was actually the easy part, what to do with the money--just give it away, because I'm storing up treasures in heaven."

Christ's Teachings are the solutions to all of the major problems the world is facing today, including abolishing the greatest evil of Poverty/Hunger.

God Bless.
Sure, we made it about politics. Gaypedo babykiller commie.

As far as the solution to poverty and hunger..charity has been well demonstrated as counterproductive. It's not really that there's not enough money..or not enough food on this rock. Fun fact, the majority of the starving poor actually have money to buy food -and- work in food production.

It's that the food and money on this rock exists in a system that simply does not accommodate those people. You give money to charity, it ends up where it always does in that system. The hand of the rich. You give food to charity - it ends up how it always does in that system. In a landfill. Increasing the amounts of either increases the upward flow of wealth and the downward spiral of food waste.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 17, 2023 at 3:14 pm)Nishant Xavier Wrote: "...the quote circulating on social media has been taken out of context from a letter in which she was describing a perception she wanted to avoid."

LOL. Is that the best leftist "fact-checkers" can do? Yes, she was "describing a perception she wanted to avoid", the perception that she was a Racist Eugenicist. Her support for both racism and eugenics is well documented and well known, as that very article you cited notes. Read it in context and it's just the same: she does not want word to go out that she wants to exterminate the N/Black Population and she wants leftist/liberal "ministers" of hers to "straighten them out" if "ever that idea" occurs "to the more rebellious members" of Black People. So much for her enlightened, non-racist views. In blunt language, she wanted to (1) exterminate the Black population (2) didn't want word to go out that she did ("describing a perception she wanted to avoid") (3) wanted (false) "ministers" of hers to spread these fake/evil/sinful/immoral racial and eugenic theories, and (4) "straighten out" all those who might oppose her, whom she deemed (5) more rebellious members of Black People?

Heard of the saying, 'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?' (who watches the watchmen). In our day, it would be who fact-checks the "fact-checkers". 

The source notes that we can't know what was really going on in Sanger's brain. But you are uttterly certain you do; and mock the fact checkers who you just said were factually correct in this case.

On a side note, it doesn't take much to get you on a long-winded rant, does it? Where do you find the time?
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(June 19, 2023 at 6:17 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(June 17, 2023 at 3:14 pm)Nishant Xavier Wrote: "...the quote circulating on social media has been taken out of context from a letter in which she was describing a perception she wanted to avoid."

LOL. Is that the best leftist "fact-checkers" can do? Yes, she was "describing a perception she wanted to avoid", the perception that she was a Racist Eugenicist. Her support for both racism and eugenics is well documented and well known, as that very article you cited notes. Read it in context and it's just the same: she does not want word to go out that she wants to exterminate the N/Black Population and she wants leftist/liberal "ministers" of hers to "straighten them out" if "ever that idea" occurs "to the more rebellious members" of Black People. So much for her enlightened, non-racist views. In blunt language, she wanted to (1) exterminate the Black population (2) didn't want word to go out that she did ("describing a perception she wanted to avoid") (3) wanted (false) "ministers" of hers to spread these fake/evil/sinful/immoral racial and eugenic theories, and (4) "straighten out" all those who might oppose her, whom she deemed (5) more rebellious members of Black People?

Heard of the saying, 'Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?' (who watches the watchmen). In our day, it would be who fact-checks the "fact-checkers". 

The source notes that we can't know what was really going on in Sanger's brain. But you are uttterly certain you do; and mock the fact checkers who you just said were factually correct in this case.

On a side note, it doesn't take much to get you on a long-winded rant, does it? Where do you find the time?

Well, ya know, he is doing god's work and therefore gets all the time he needs.  This is probably the poster I have skimmed the most and actually read the least.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

(June 18, 2023 at 12:09 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Keep telling yourself that while Millions of Babies with Beating Hearts are killed by Abortion every year. Atheism and Moral Subjectivism has failed humanity.

An embryo develops something that can actually be described a heart with four vessels that connects to the lungs and major vascular systems at about 10 weeks; roughly the point where the embryo becomes a fetus. About 75% of abortions have already taken place by this point. Before 10 weeks, what is commonly described as a 'heartbeat' is more accurately described as 'cardiac activity', as it's just an electrical pulse and fluttering of the tube that will develop into the heart; not a true heartbeat at all; despite how sonograms are tuned to make it 'sound' like a heartbeat. By the 20th week, 99% of abortions have been performed.

And the abortion rate has nothing (as far as I can tell from statistics I've been able to find) to do with atheism or moral subjectivism; although atheists in the USA tend to be pro-choice; to the best of my knowledge, we don't actually have abortions at a higher rate than the general population. I suspect that it has something to do with getting a good sex education (even if it has to be self-taught) and therefore knowing better on average how to use birth control properly.

Good sex education has been demonstrated to reduce the number of abortions; but the same people who say they want to save the babies are often the same people who oppose teaching young people how not to get pregnant.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Quote:Keep telling yourself that while Millions of Babies with Beating Hearts are killed by Abortion every year. Atheism and Moral Subjectivism has failed humanity.
The life of the fetus does not override the bodily autonomy of the mother (In terms of reproduction). Atheism has nothing to do with abortion or moral subjectivism. Also if letting women decide when and if they have children is viewed as a failure then I don't know what a success is. Also, Noah's flood so shush... Dodgy
"Change was inevitable"

–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(June 18, 2023 at 12:09 am)Nishant Xavier Wrote: Keep telling yourself that while Millions of Babies with Beating Hearts are killed by Abortion every year. Atheism and Moral Subjectivism has failed humanity.

They are not babies until they successfully exit the womb and survive. A beating heart does not equal a viable human.

Even though some might enjoy this new chew toy, I think this guy could use a preaching speed bump.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Veridical NDEs: Evidence/Proof of the Soul and the After-Life? Nishant Xavier 34 2741 July 17, 2024 at 7:34 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  The Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Nishant Xavier 38 3559 August 7, 2023 at 10:24 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  When were the Gospels Written? The External and Internal Evidence. Nishant Xavier 62 4638 August 6, 2023 at 10:25 pm
  Isaiah 53, 700 B.C: Historical Evidence of the Divine Omniscience. Nishant Xavier 91 6510 August 6, 2023 at 2:19 pm
  Signature in the Cell: DNA as Evidence for Design, beside Nature's Laws/Fine-Tuning. Nishant Xavier 54 3990 July 8, 2023 at 8:23 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  A simple argument against God Disagreeable 149 15274 December 29, 2022 at 11:59 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Why the resurrection accounts are not evidence LinuxGal 5 1193 October 29, 2022 at 2:01 pm
  Moral universalism and theism Interaktive 20 2281 May 6, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A "meta-argument" against all future arguments for God's existence ? R00tKiT 225 21146 April 17, 2022 at 2:11 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Legal evidence of atheism Interaktive 16 3003 February 9, 2020 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball