Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 11:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Absurd GOP
RE: The Absurd GOP
Not so much "absurd" as alarming, as we know by now:

Quote:When Republicans gathered on Dec. 14, 2020, claiming to be legitimate electors casting the state’s 16 electoral votes for Donald Trump, they met at the Georgia Capitol in a room just upstairs from the building’s public entrance. A Trump campaign official asked for the electors’ “complete discretion,” telling them to say only that they were meeting with two state senators who were there.

“Your duties are imperative to ensure the end result — a win in Georgia for President Trump — but will be hampered unless we have complete secrecy and discretion,” Robert Sinners wrote in an email uncovered by investigators.

[...]

The meeting was cited as a central element in court proceedings Friday as part of a last-minute deal with attorney Kenneth Chesebro, who pleaded guilty to one felony charge of conspiracy to commit filing false documents.

Chesebro, who prosecutors have said helped originate the plan for Republican electors to meet in states where Biden was certified as the winner, is now one of three people who have pleaded guilty in the case. Attorney Sidney Powell pleaded guilty Thursday to six misdemeanors accusing her of intentionally interfering with the performance of election duties as part of a broader conspiracy prosecutors say violated Georgia’s anti-racketeering law.

[...]

At least eight Georgia Republican electors present that day have agreed to testify in exchange for immunity from state charges.

Read the entire article: https://apnews.com/article/trump-georgia...14980a1232

It's emails like that which will kill this idea that a good defense in court is that they were intended only as a contingency. If what you're doing is legal, why the secrecy? It shows intent pretty plainly.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
No one is going to prison for Donald Trump.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(October 21, 2023 at 12:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No one is going to prison for Donald Trump.

Boru

People already have.

(October 21, 2023 at 1:02 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(October 21, 2023 at 12:42 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: No one is going to prison for Donald Trump.

Boru

People already have.

Allow me to rephrase: No one is going to prison to keep Trump from going to prison.

Boru
trump’s stinginess with helping his erstwhile cronies finance their own efforts to avoid prison certain makes it questionable whether there will be attempt at quod pro quo if trump himself barely avoids prison.
The two who've pled guilty have cooperating and testifying as part of their deals. I think Trump's conviction is nearly certain barring jury nullification. We'll see about incarceration.

(October 21, 2023 at 2:04 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: The two who've pled guilty have cooperating and testifying as part of their deals. I think Trump's conviction is nearly certain barring jury nullification. We'll see about incarceration.

It depends. Weisselberg agreed to testify and basically walked the line on perjury in order to fall on his sword for Trump.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
[Image: eAoKMNY_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium]

Boru
Trump makes a last ditch effort attempting to get his limited gag order lifted in his federal case in Washington DC.

TRUMP: Shut up? Why certainly! You don't think I'm the type that would keep on blabbin'? Some people never know when to stop. When I'm told to shut up, I shut up...

JUDGE: Shut up shuttin' up!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 47 3736 April 30, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  2024 GOP hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy proposes raising voting age to 25 LinuxGal 11 1220 August 20, 2023 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Yet Another GOP Dumpster Fire Of A Human Being BrianSoddingBoru4 139 10782 July 23, 2022 at 4:20 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  GOP's stranglehold on Cuban-American's vote. Brian37 19 1573 August 22, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1880 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  The GOP, wtf happened? A Godzilla fan 6 1194 July 21, 2019 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  [Serious] What's the point? Trump and the GOP are clearly above the law no matter what you say GODZILLA 21 2647 May 21, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  GOP Jesus Minimalist 1 590 November 13, 2018 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Okay GOP, now is your time to shine and show how much you really love America GODZILLA 25 3244 July 17, 2018 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1299 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist