Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 19, 2024, 5:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roe v. Wade is gone.
RE: Roe v. Wade is gone.
Ohio Catholic Church Blew $1.7M On Abortion Issue

Voters who approved Ohio’s Issue 1 Tuesday dealt a blow to Catholic bishops and activists who mounted an unprecedented campaign to stop abortion from becoming a constitutional right in the state. They still lost by a 14-point margin, 57%-43%.

The church in Ohio spent more than $1.7 million trying to convince voters to reject the amendment. Priests preached about the evils of abortion. Bishops attended fundraisers and recorded videos declaring the amendment “radical” and “extreme.” Catholics went door-to-door, held vigils, passed out glossy flyers and put extra cash in the collection basket.

Through the end of October, the Archdiocese of Cincinnati alone contributed more than $1 million to the Protect Women Ohio political action committee. The Diocese of Columbus kicked in $500,000 and the Diocese of Cleveland gave another $200,000.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/20...476117007/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
12 year old victim of rape speaks out against abortion ban

teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I marched on DC twice under Bush I, which involved a. 8-hour bus ride one way, the second time it rained and we got soaking wet and the bus AC would not shut off......
I was in my early 30's then (75 now) and Knew the horrors of a world under a no-abortions-allowed umbrella. 
Seeing things become so much better for women, their lives, their children's ( or not!) lives was Wonderful.
And to think it has all vanished in basically the blink of an eye makes me so sad, and Mad!!!!!!
Do we have to have decades of horror stories to again learn how wrong it is to tell anyone what they cannot cannot do with their own bodies?  
Sadly, apparently Yes.......
(November 12, 2023 at 1:01 am)AnneWimsey Wrote: I marched on DC twice under Bush I, which involved a. 8-hour bus ride one way, the second time it rained and we got soaking wet and the bus AC would not shut off......
I was in my early 30's then (75 now) and Knew the horrors of a world under a no-abortions-allowed umbrella. 
Seeing things become so much better for women, their lives, their children's ( or not!) lives was Wonderful.
And to think it has all vanished in basically the blink of an eye makes me so sad, and Mad!!!!!!
Do we have to have decades of horror stories to again learn how wrong it is to tell anyone what they cannot cannot do with their own bodies?  

Freedom requires vigilance.

Liberties require nothing from us except our acceptance. Those in opposition have absolutely no place in a political position of power.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(November 12, 2023 at 3:03 pm)Foxaèr Wrote: Liberties require nothing from us except our acceptance.

Yeah, never mind the fact that there are many who'd strip us of our liberties if they could get away with it. Hence, freedom requires vigilance.

(November 12, 2023 at 1:01 am)AnneWimsey Wrote: I marched on DC twice under Bush I, which involved a. 8-hour bus ride one way, the second time it rained and we got soaking wet and the bus AC would not shut off......

Welcome new entity. Could I/we interest you in making an introductory thread so that we can get to know you better.

(fellow old fart request)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Who said religion doesn't help people?

A Satanic Abortion Clinic Named After The Mother Of Supreme Court Justice Alito Is Open in New Mexico

The Satanic Temple announced the launch of New Mexico's Samuel Alito's Mom's Satanic Abortion Clinic in February 2023.

"In 1950, Samuel Alito’s mother did not have options, and look what happened,” said Malcolm Jarry, the cofounder of TST, in announcing the clinic.

“Prior to 1973, doctors who performed abortions could lose their licenses and go to jail. The clinic’s name serves to remind people just how important it is to have the right to control one’s body and the potential ramifications of losing that right.”

The center is an accredited "religious medical services arm" that will provide "telehealth screenings and appointments and prescribe abortion medication for its patients," it explained.

TST says services include free online medical screenings and virtual appointments, discreet medicine delivery with a $90 pharmacy fee, a dedicated 24/7 patient hotline, and follow-up check-ups.

https://themessenger.com/news/satanist-t...ion-clinic
I really don't like the idea of a "Satanic Temple". It may have started off as a lark, but the same can be said about L. Ron Hubbard and Scientology. 

Plus, there is no need try to invent a new "moral code" because common law isn't derived out of club labels. There are plenty of people who are pro choice and they don't all belong to the Satanic Temple. 

Human morality isn't derived out of labels, it is in our evolution, our behaviors as individuals.
It's not about liking it, it's about necessity. And no, Scientology never did anything (this) useful for people, it was always a business.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Leaked Supreme Court Decision signals majority set to overturn Roe v. Wade Cecelia 234 22141 June 7, 2022 at 11:58 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Arkansas abortion bill, Roe vs. Wade brewer 23 1651 March 17, 2021 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  HBO removes Gone with the wind. ignoramus 156 9162 June 29, 2020 at 9:56 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  If roe vs. Wade is overturned. CapnAwesome 58 5142 October 6, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Toys 'R' Us have gone Ker Plunk! ignoramus 11 1300 May 23, 2018 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The WLB Should Have Gone To The Correspondents Dinner Minimalist 0 671 April 28, 2018 at 9:27 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Where no wiener should have gone. brewer 49 7472 August 15, 2017 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Norma McCorvey, "Jane Roe" in Roe v. Wade abortion case, dead at 69 c172 1 1058 February 18, 2017 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  The Thrill Is Gone, BB King Dies 89 Brian37 21 3567 May 16, 2015 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Exian
  Oh Arkansas, you've gone too far SteelCurtain 11 2580 February 16, 2015 at 3:17 pm
Last Post: Aisha