Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 18, 2024, 7:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Noteworthy News
RE: Noteworthy News
Well, noteworthy to me.

Neuroscientists discover brain circuitry of placebo effect for pain relief

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...123119.htm
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(August 20, 2024 at 8:26 pm)brewer Wrote: Well, noteworthy to me.

It is too bad that 30% of America worships an idiot who thinks you can stick a laser up  your ass and kill covid. These are the kind of stories that should make top billing in the news, not the rapist insurrectionist.
They worship the authority and privilege they believe his enthronement would bring to them. They're suckers and losers, to quote a great man who has all the best words.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 20, 2024 at 11:50 pm)The Grand Nudger Wrote: They worship the authority and privilege they believe his enthronement would bring to them.  They're suckers and losers, to quote a great man who has all the best words.

... and he's chortling the entire time he's raw-dogging them.

New video today of Israelis shooting a woman in Gaza, and then using their armored vehicles to block the ambulance that comes for her.

At this point their goal is so obvious, I don't understand why they don't just nuke the place.

Unless they are actually getting pleasure from administering slow torture.
That would be bad for the hotels they want to build.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 20, 2024 at 10:49 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(August 20, 2024 at 8:26 pm)brewer Wrote: Well, noteworthy to me.

It is too bad that 30% of America worships an idiot who thinks you can stick a laser up  your ass and kill covid. These are the kind of stories that should make top billing in the news, not the rapist insurrectionist.

Don't live in the tunnel.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Women in Poland face severe human rights violations due to the country’s restrictive abortion law, found the UN Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) in an inquiry report published yesterday.

The committee noted that the situation of women in Poland was further aggravated after a constitutional court ruling rendered abortion in cases of significant foetal deformities illegal.

“The situation in Poland constitutes gender-based violence against women and may rise to the level of torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment,” said CEDAW deputy chair Genoveva Tisheva, as quoted in a statement from the committee.

It's good that shit happening in Iran of Europe is being criticized but I somehow doubt that current, right wing gov (with tiniest sprinkle of left) will care. It's not like they don't have practice in ignoring grievous problems.
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance.

Socrates.
Huge military assault going on in the West Bank right now. Remember there is no Hamas in the West Bank, this is just a killing spree.

And speaking of killing sprees, the New Yorker has finally released photos of the Haditha Massacre.

https://www.newyorker.com/podcast/in-the...rld-to-see

This wasn't much of a massacre, by modern standards. Only about 24 killed, and only half of those children. But the US soldiers who did it all escaped punishment.
(August 29, 2024 at 8:31 am)Belacqua Wrote: Huge military assault going on in the West Bank right now. Remember there is no Hamas in the West Bank, this is just a killing spree.

And speaking of killing sprees, the New Yorker has finally released photos of the Haditha Massacre.

https://www.newyorker.com/podcast/in-the...rld-to-see

This wasn't much of a massacre, by modern standards. Only about 24 killed, and only half of those children. But the US soldiers who did it all escaped punishment.

The Israel-Hamas war is motivated purely by religious mentality. Even the help from the US is largely motivated by religion, closely "the end of times" theology that places Israel at the center of God’s plan for the end times.

The most prominent example of this was when Speaker of the House Mike Johnson made whatever compromises he needed to in order to obtain military aid for Israel. As he stated: “We have to make certain that the entire world understands that Israel is not alone and God is going to bless the nation that blesses Israel. … We understand that that’s our role. It’s also our biblical admonition. This is something that’s an article of faith for us. It also happens to be great foreign policy.”

This decision was strengthened by pastors like John Hagee who met with Johnson shortly before he helped to secure the military aid package to Israel. The Constitution and human rights are second to a biblical view of the role of Israel.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Black/White people news thread for all news current, historical, or otherwise. Huggy Bear 77 5736 February 14, 2022 at 2:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  "News" Which Is Not "News" To Anyone Minimalist 0 594 May 24, 2018 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fox news its just pure idiocy its not news its Satire dyresand 3 1676 May 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Brian37