Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 3:25 pm

Poll: Your feelings on tablecloths.
This poll is closed.
Never. Just one more thing to wash.
83.33%
10 83.33%
Always, cuz they’re pretty.
0%
0 0%
Fuck all polls.
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tablecloths: Yea or Nay?
Tablecloths: Yea or Nay?
We use individual place settings, no tablecloth. Can’t see covering up that beautiful wood grain. You?

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
RE: Tablecloths: Yea or Nay?
Growing up, there was always a tablecloth on the table.

We don't have a dining table, so...
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 24, 2024 at 6:43 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: We use individual place settings, no tablecloth. Can’t see covering up that beautiful wood grain. You?

Boru

This is us. Place mats but no table cloth. The excception being birthdays for the grand kids. Then its disposable plastic Paw Patrol or similar to protect the table from blue cake icing stains.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
Place settings.

Nothing, our dinning table is glass surface and steel legs.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
I don't think I ever used a tablecloth and don't recall mom using one either.

For a time I had cloth placemats on the table but now the only one who eats at(on) the table is the cat so the dogs can't get his food. And it's a nice wooden cafe' style table, so why cover it up. I do still have quite a collection of placemats stashed though should I ever decide to use them again.
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

We just eat off the floor like pigs!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

I have a nice table, but I don't want it to be covered up. Growing up my mother insisted on table clothes and table runners
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Yup, just one more thing to wash. I use a tile left over from when our master bathroom got a tile surround and vanity countertop. It has felt on the bottom to keep from scratching the wood.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
I think my personal aversion to tablecloths comes from growing up with them. Mum was tablecloth mad. Dining tables, kitchen tables, end tables coffee tables - there wasn’t a flat surface in our house that wasn’t covered.

There were also multiple cloths for every table - seasonal cloths, holiday cloths, special ones for Sundays and saint’s days. It was a fabric nightmare.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creation of Adam in my room: yay or nay? rexbeccarox 8 4629 April 10, 2013 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: Angrboda