Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 5, 2024, 5:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Stupid things religious people say
RE: Stupid things religious people say
Someone at work: talking about how the christian god can't be real, but then believing in another culture's god. Oh, the irony.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 28, 2024 at 6:32 pm)Ferrocyanide Wrote:
(September 13, 2024 at 11:32 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: Bergoglio: Kamala is killing children.

But there isn't anything in the Bible that says that you must prevent a death by implementing state level or federal level or global level laws.
There isn't anything about abortions in the Bible, nothing about storing semen with cryogenics, nothing about storing or destroying fertilized eggs with cryogenics.

There is just a line that says "do not murder".
Do not murder who? It doesn't tell us.

Quote:The pope called immigration “a right”, citing Bible passages that call orphans, widows and foreigners three kinds of people that society must care for. “Not giving welcome to migrants is a sin,” said the pope. “It is grave.”

I doubt that anyone in this world wants to have open borders. If western countries did that, half of the rest of the world would move to western countries.

I doubt that anyone wants to not use birth control and end up with 60 children.
Welcome to the real world. A world with science and engineering and a population that is skyrocketing.

The lesser of 2 evils? Which one would a catholic choose:
the jewish god or
the satan guy

The bible doesn't say much about preventing death, but it does discuss different methods for killing babies. Dashing their heads against walls or rocks seem to be a favourite of yhwh.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(September 27, 2024 at 7:50 am)brewer Wrote:
(September 27, 2024 at 6:53 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Anyway, they broke the record with the height of the Jesus statue again!

I suppose spending money on statues is better than spending it on indoctrination. We all know a culture that went sideways doing this.

[Image: 01_20221001_rapa_nui_307.jpg]

To be fair, most of what Jared Diamond wrote about Rapa Nui is bullshit.

Home
I didn’t tell Christians to stop paying tithe -Pastor Adeboye

The General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, has refuted claims that he advised Christians to stop paying tithes.

However, he was surprised by how quickly false reports spread online, claiming he had discouraged tithe payment.

“The issue of tithing became contentious, and I decided to apologise for anything I might have said wrong. Yet, within an hour, it was being circulated online that I said Christians should stop paying tithes,” Adeboye said.

He further explained that he encouraged believers to give more than the traditional 10%, referencing an encounter at Kenneth Hagin’s church where a man shared how his financial situation improved after committing to tithe 90% of his income.

He said, “Today, I’m close to giving 90%, but I am far from 10%. So, I said it is wrong to limit yourself to 10% when God can take you to a higher percentage.

“As you grow in the Lord, you should grow in praising Him, winning souls, and in giving. I said that for beginners, the minimum is what God calls 10%. I said, from now on, begin to increase what you give.”

He added, “Of all I said, the only thing they put on the internet is that Adeboye apologised, and therefore, people should no longer pay their tithes. I said 10% should be the minimum.”

https://punchng.com/i-didnt-tell-christi...e-adeboye/
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(October 3, 2024 at 3:19 pm)Fake Messiah Wrote: [Image: ?url=i.imgur.com%2F6ULbCOo.jpg]

Would you expect anybody else from Bananaman?

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A thing about religious (and other) people and the illusion of free will ShinyCrystals 265 21144 December 6, 2023 at 12:21 am
Last Post: Harry Haller
  Why people remain in cultlike religious communities Won2blv 6 836 April 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 19894 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 10788 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  Stupid christans look to ban Good Omens Pat Mustard 64 7637 July 11, 2019 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Religious people in the medical field Silver 35 8158 November 11, 2018 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Are religious people really afraid of death? Alexmahone 36 5904 July 3, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Religious texts used to manipulate people Silver 13 4210 June 10, 2018 at 8:15 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4841 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Just how stupid were the ancient Israelites? The Valkyrie 115 18569 June 1, 2018 at 5:39 am
Last Post: Joods