Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 6:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Ron Bashing
RE: More Ron Bashing
(February 1, 2012 at 4:56 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: The question wasnt WHO could change things in the presidency, but HOW could they change it.

All Ron could be able to do to remove the dept of education was to incourage a bill to be introduced to remove it. It will then have to go through all of the comittees, House of reps, then the Senate and their committees and then, and only then, would he be able to sign the bill. Ron Paul would only have the powers of Veto and approval, and even his veto power can be circumvented by another pass through by congress and the senate.

Now, Ron Paul says he will stop the wars. But only the houses have the ability to declare and stop wars, not the president. So now Paul can pull some weight because he is commander in cheif of the armed forces (if he is president), but he CANNOT step up as a single leader and declare that the war against terror is over. congress and the Senate would bypass him and put him in his place, and even possibly take him up in front of the judicial branch to be investigated for trying to go beyond his executive powers.

this means Ron Paul could not stop the wars unless he has a MAJOR backing of the houses.

This also means that all of his campaign promises to shut down this dept or that would have to have a MAJOR backing of the houses as well, and I can tell you that he would not have enough support to close ANY of those depts.

So, in other words, voting in Ron Paul will not change SQUAT.

That is why I laugh about Ron Paul. He makes big claims that he will not be able to accomplish, and most of his followers do not understand the basics of our 3 tiered government.

The most he could do is pull our forces out of Libya, and that would be political suicide with our allies in Europe who depend on Libya for much of their oil.

Voting Ron Paul is a waste of a vote.

Political suicide it must be then. Like I said what options do we have.
IMO voting for Romney or Obama is a waste of a vote, if our votes really even mean anything anyways....

Well I'm not sure about the congress thing and the wars, as these wars we are currently in were never actually declared by the house or senate, so there is no official declaration of wars. He may be able to do something about that.

Obama and Hiliary currently are war mongers, Paul could at least fight the UN and NATO as the US has major power in those. As of now Obama and Hiliary are in support of these wars, Paul would not be, so it would change the political discourse of these foreign policy issues. He would hopefully not surround himself in his cabinet with neo cons and neo liberals.
Where is the anti-war left? They still support these "leftist" HA. They are brainwashed into thinking their liberal leaders know what is best for them.

Paul could change the populations minds though.. .perhaps. That is what I am hoping for. Then the constituents of the senate and house members would get public feedback on the issues Paul brings up, and hopefully can sway them. And if not, then revolution time. Because if the people go and tell the "representatives" what they want, and they don't listen, thats is a very clear message that these people don't act on the people's behalf.

All things will end in a revolution if the current means of doing business can not support the will of the people. We don't have a 10% congress approval rating for nothing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorizati...Terrorists

Congress voted a war on terror...it is worded so vaguely that we can practically wage war anywhere and everywhere.

this means that Ron could NOT stop the war... which means either he is stupid (i dont believe that) or he is a liar.

Most of Pauls supporters tend to be ignorant of simple functions of the system, and some even rail about how paying taxes is unconstitutional ...LOL.

The anti-war left are out at the occupy events getting their asses handed to them by the police...surely not a laughing matter.

As far as changing the populations minds, again more misinformation. Current polls show the majority of people in America being opposed to the war for the last 4 years. It is not going to stop unless congress says it stops. Congress is bought by the banks and the military complex. Congress will NOT stop the war as it is very profitable. There is no need to change the minds of the public. They have been opposed to it for many years now....why do you think the approval ratings are so low right now?

Can Paul change the minds of those greedy for profit? No. In fact Paul wants even LESS regulations on banks and capitalism. As soon as Paul got into office it would be business as usual.

(February 1, 2012 at 6:41 pm)reverendjeremiah Wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Authorizati...Terrorists

Congress voted a war on terror...it is worded so vaguely that we can practically wage war anywhere and everywhere.

this means that Ron could NOT stop the war... which means either he is stupid (i dont believe that) or he is a liar.

Most of Pauls supporters tend to be ignorant of simple functions of the system, and some even rail about how paying taxes is unconstitutional ...LOL.

The anti-war left are out at the occupy events getting their asses handed to them by the police...surely not a laughing matter.

As far as changing the populations minds, again more misinformation. Current polls show the majority of people in America being opposed to the war for the last 4 years. It is not going to stop unless congress says it stops. Congress is bought by the banks and the military complex. Congress will NOT stop the war as it is very profitable. There is no need to change the minds of the public. They have been opposed to it for many years now....why do you think the approval ratings are so low right now?

Can Paul change the minds of those greedy for profit? No. In fact Paul wants even LESS regulations on banks and capitalism. As soon as Paul got into office it would be business as usual.

That authorization is an abhorrent abuse of power holy shit.
Iran helped 9/11....no need for declaration of war... interesting. Its sick.

But he would be the opposite of who is currently in power. He would say no to the wars, regardless. That means something. Russia is going to keep us out of Syria, that is good. I think the US has veto power as well, yeah piss of the Europeans, but this shit has got to change.

Also I think he would have some power... why else the total media blackout, and constant bashing? That must raise an eyebrow. All actions have reasons behind them. If they knew he couldn't do any harm then why all the attacks?

I don't think they rail against all taxes as we know there are many many kinds of taxes. I think they mostly talk about the income tax.

http://www.infowars.com/paul-vows-to-uni...movements/

Read the full comments of Paul at the end of that article.

Currently we have crony capitalism where the government helps corporations through laws, and subsides. That is not what Paul wants.
Just read those comments by him in the above link.

Ron Paul-
"The Tea Party people basically say the debt is too big and we should shrink the size of government. Occupation(OWS) seems to be more addressing the subject of the very rich, and I think that can be a mixed blessing in the sense that in my talk already I’ve criticized many people on Wall Street and the people who get rich because they get special benefits from the government, whether they get contracts or whether they benefit from the devaluation of the currencies, or whether they get their bailouts, yes, we should address that. I think the Occupy people are.

But people who are wealthy in a free market who give an honest service or an honest product and they are rewarded by the consumer, they’re quite different. They have to be protected. We shouldn’t be jealous or envious of those people. So you can’t put them all together. So in many ways, I identify with both groups."
'Iran helped 9/11'

Quote:'Iran helped 9/11'

And so we attacked Iraq.

Perhaps Bush really can't spell?
Iran helped 9/11, you sure?

Iran and the Taliban despised each other, and so did Iran and Bin Laden. They're different sects, Wahhabi and Shia's, they dislike each other immensely.
It was not a typo, I was citing a hypothetical situation that they could use to attack Iran due to the powers in that authorization, just as they did Iraq. Just connect a country to 9/11 and you can attack them is what I gather from that authorization.

Yet not so hypothetical really. http://www.bloomberg.com/article/2011-12...NT3wo.html

''Like Wahhabi and other Deobandis, the Taliban do not consider Shiʻi(Iranians are Shi'i(Shia)) to be Muslims''
So why are America not going after Saudi Arabia? Weren't 11 of the 15 hijackers Saudi? How many were Iranian? 0.

A Judge, not a middle/far east expert, jesus fucking christ why don't they just say, we wan't your oil and strategic position in the area, at least they'd get kudos for honestly instead of the obvious bullshit and making up charges against a country(shit and barbaric as it is) who stands up to America.

P,s - I see what you were doing btw.
(February 1, 2012 at 8:40 pm)5thHorseman Wrote: ''Like Wahhabi and other Deobandis, the Taliban do not consider Shiʻi(Iranians are Shi'i(Shia)) to be Muslims''
So why are America not going after Saudi Arabia? Weren't 11 of the 15 hijackers Saudi? How many were Iranian? 0.

A Judge, not a middle/far east expert, jesus fucking christ why don't they just say, we wan't your oil and strategic position in the area, at least they'd get kudos for honestly instead of the obvious bullshit and making up charges against a country(shit and barbaric as it is) who stands up to America.

P,s - I see what you were doing btw.

We are allies with Saudi. Sell them weapons and huge military contracts in the billions of dollars. There was a thread awhile back of Bush kissing Saudi kings.
And fucking Bin Laden was a Saudi. The financial interests of the bin Laden family are represented by the Saudi Binladin Group, a global oil and equity management conglomerate grossing $5 billion US annually, and one of the largest construction firms in the Islamic world.

The plot thickens.....

Oh trust me Saudi is WHO we should have went after, but thats not how they want it or how it it set up.

They have the worse human rights of any of those country's. It's hypocrisy at it's best. That's how I know, Libya, Syria, Iran... all lies and bullshit. Cause the real human rights abuser we sell weapons too!!! A long with Israel, that is basically a terrorist nation/US presence in the middle east, to conduct covert operations in the area.
Quote:That authorization is an abhorrent abuse of power holy shit.
Iran helped 9/11....no need for declaration of war... interesting. Its sick.
The room just got a little bit brighter
but no...it was Saudi Arabia...but most Americans live in ignorance.
Quote:But he would be the opposite of who is currently in power. He would say no to the wars, regardless. That means something. Russia is going to keep us out of Syria, that is good. I think the US has veto power as well, yeah piss of the Europeans, but this shit has got to change.
And he would be the only one with a divided house that would only come together to oppose him. There is too much profit and power to be had on the wars...war on drugs...war on terror..it will not stop as long as profit is the goal of our people.
Quote:Also I think he would have some power... why else the total media blackout, and constant bashing? That must raise an eyebrow. All actions have reasons behind them. If they knew he couldn't do any harm then why all the attacks?
He will be commnader of our forces. If he backed down on the war then both parties would rise against himclaiming that he is siding with the terrorists. They would make their attacks way worse and he would have the entirety of the banks opposing him, which means the media and the military complex would oppose him.
Quote:Currently we have crony capitalism where the government helps corporations through laws, and subsides. That is not what Paul wants.
Just read those comments by him in the above link.
But even if he isnt bought by the banks, damn near every other member in congress and the senate ARE. Which means he will be going up against the entire legislative branch AND every bank in America. It will not happen.

The only way it could happen is if the majority of people in Americ would break away from the two party system and started voting in libertarians all over, mayors, governors, senators, etc..to give him some support. That will not happen as the banks have bought our system and have divided and conquered our people. We are too busy arguing over abortion and creationism, and not focusing on who is fucking over the populace.
Quote:But people who are wealthy in a free market who give an honest service or an honest product and they are rewarded by the consumer, they’re quite different. They have to be protected. We shouldn’t be jealous or envious of those people. So you can’t put them all together. So in many ways, I identify with both groups."
Wait a minute... who is anyone to tell me how I should feel? Would it be proper of me to insist that you should feel loathing and disgust to Ron Paul? No. I speak of how I feel. You speak of how you feel. but once I start dictating how you feel, then please do me a favor...

...knock me off my high horse. I would obviously deserve it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I'm leaving Ron Paul land Videodrome 28 3328 February 12, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  Ron Paul Throwing In With The Crazies Minimalist 3 1318 April 28, 2015 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  The newest Ron Paul thread MORETORQUE 4 2111 April 12, 2013 at 10:06 am
Last Post: Cato
  Ron Paul- The Racist Liar Erinome 45 17030 April 12, 2013 at 9:54 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Ron Paul - Gone but still an Asshole Minimalist 43 15012 December 6, 2012 at 1:08 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Don't Let The Door Hit You In The Ass On The Way Out, Ron Minimalist 43 10697 November 17, 2012 at 2:38 am
Last Post: cratehorus
  [split]Ron Paul plays Yahtzee with Nazis cratehorus 69 29148 September 6, 2012 at 8:01 pm
Last Post: Justtristo
  An objective take on Ron Paul theVOID 29 12390 March 23, 2012 at 8:58 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ron Paul might have the most delegates? Tiberius 60 20600 February 15, 2012 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  The Ron.g Thing to do? 8BitAtheist 1 1297 January 18, 2012 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Minimalist