Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 4:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abstaining from Vaccination should NOT be a right
Abstaining from Vaccination should NOT be a right
Yay .... Thanks to asylum seekers we now have typhoid and TB on Australia. Fucking bleeding hearts Greenies
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: Abstaining from Vaccination should NOT be a right
(February 27, 2012 at 10:23 am)Melanbee Wrote: Are you not reading what I am writing? Or perhaps I am somehow not coming across the right way. Because now I am just getting pissed. No one seems to be really reading what I am saying, which just proves that you all want to go on a rant about something just because you can.

For the last fucking time....I VACCINATE! Not against the influenza because I have specific reasons why I did not vaccinate against it this year. GRRRRRR

So to answer your question, yes small pox vaccines feel right to me.

No, I'm reading, I understand. I haven't been arguing for mandatory influenza vaccinations. My daughter Mo isn't vaccinated against influenza either (allergy). I haven't argued that there are no valid reasons for not vaccinating. I've been arguing that some reasons are not valid. You vaccinate, Shell vaccinates, I vaccinate.....we all agree that vaccination is a good idea. Where Shell and I disagree is whether or not there should be a right to not vaccinate, specifically the "it's my own body" argument, which I find completely and utterly uncompelling, since it isn't just "my body" we're talking about.

I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 27, 2012 at 10:12 am)Rhythm Wrote: Does the smallpox vaccine not feel right to you? Is the evidence not behind it?

There is nothing to indicate the the general population requires the smallpox vaccination. It is also a dangerous vaccination compared to others you could have chosen to make your case. At any rate, your children will likely never require such a vaccination.

No, the evidence is not behind forcing the general population to have smallpox vaccinations.
(February 27, 2012 at 10:27 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Yay .... Thanks to asylum seekers we now have typhoid and TB on Australia. Fucking bleeding hearts Greenies

Huh. TB is not a virus. It's treatable with antibiotics and that is how it was done away with in most of the population. Furthermore, TB vaccinations are not considered high priority and are not recommended by the CDC for the general population.

http://www.cdc.gov/tb/topic/vaccines/default.htm
Hmn, I wonder why...

"Routine vaccination of the American public against smallpox stopped in 1972 after the disease was eradicated in the United States."
http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox/vac...on/faq.asp

Well, lookey lookey, vaccinations work when they are comprehensive and widespread. What a wonderful argument for an individuals right not to eradicate an infectious disease....Angel
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(February 27, 2012 at 10:54 am)Rhythm Wrote: Hmn, I wonder why...

"Routine vaccination of the American public against smallpox stopped in 1972 after the disease was eradicated in the United States."
http://www.bt.cdc.gov/agent/smallpox/vac...on/faq.asp

Well, lookey lookey, vaccinations work when they are comprehensive and widespread.

No one argued that they were not, Rhythm. However, you can bringing up the fucking smallpox and the vaccine for smallpox is among the most dangerous. Everything from heart problems to neurological disorders are linked to smallpox vaccinations. Furthermore, they are ONLY recommended in populations where smallpox is known to exist. They didn't just go around vaccinating every single fucking human being on the planet.
From the same link
"After the events of September and October, 2001, however, the U.S. government took further actions to improve its level of preparedness against terrorism. For smallpox, this included updating a response plan and increasing the amount of smallpox vaccine in the stockpile. We now have enough vaccine in the stockpile to vaccinate every person in the United States in the event of a smallpox emergency". - An angle I haven't even begun to develop.

Vaccines can have side effects. The side effects are preferable to what they prevent in each and every case of every vaccine approved for use (or they don't get approval).

"Furthermore, they are ONLY recommended in populations where smallpox is known to exist. They didn't just go around vaccinating every single fucking human being on the planet."
Yes, they did, which is why we don't need it now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smallpox_vaccine

Shell, I hate to say this, because I really don't have anything but respect for you...but maybe you should have read about this...before you criticized me for basing my opinions off of "reading some stuff".

(February 27, 2012 at 10:57 am)Rhythm Wrote: From the same link
"After the events of September and October, 2001, however, the U.S. government took further actions to improve its level of preparedness against terrorism. For smallpox, this included updating a response plan and increasing the amount of smallpox vaccine in the stockpile. We now have enough vaccine in the stockpile to vaccinate every person in the United States in the event of a smallpox emergency". - An angle I haven't even begun to develop.

That's in case of a bioterrorism attack. Haha. That is not to say they will not use quarantine methods and it certainly does not say they will force people to use them.

Quote:Vaccines can have side effects. The side effects are preferable to what they prevent in each and every case of every vaccine approved for use (or they don't get approval).

They are not fucking preferable if you are never going to be exposed to the disease. Are you willing to give your child a smallpox vaccination that could make her have heart complications for the rest of her life on the off-chance that she runs into smallpox. I'm sure as fuck not. That vaccination makes you very fucking sick. Again, they did not vaccinate everyone. They vaccinated areas where the virus was known to exist. Your link did nothing to argue that.

(February 27, 2012 at 10:57 am)Rhythm Wrote: Shell, I hate to say this, because I really don't have anything but respect for you...but maybe you should have read about this...before you criticized me for basing my opinions off of "reading some stuff".

I don't mind you saying it. It only comes from a place of cherry picking. I have read about it. I've read a great deal about it, in fact. You are arguing for forced vaccinations in the entire population citing smallpox vaccinations as an example. It's a very shitty example, as I already demonstrated. They didn't just vaccinate everyone. Medical professionals know that is entirely fucking unnecessary.
I should also point out that smallpox is not even on the list of suggested vaccinations for school age children.
Facepalm
(February 27, 2012 at 9:39 am)Melanbee Wrote: Misinformed healthcare professionals?
Yes, there are only a few live virus vaccines available and of those they are ALL attenuated.
Quote: I'm not sure what country you live in...perhaps your standards are different?
PA is supposedly in the US but after a few of the house resolutions that were passed here I am not to sure any longer.
Quote:Also, you can not be fired for refusal to be vaccinated for medial or religious reasons. I know, as I just had to go through that whole process as I am currently not vaccinated against the Flu.
See, misinformed and apparently misreading. I said it already happened.

Here is a link to one story concerning the swine flu vaccine.

The trend is following the same direction in quite a few hospitals all over the US for the regular flu vaccine.
Whatever, buddy. If you're going to continue to use smallpox as an example, you should probably become informed on how that policy was implemented. Then, stick your kid with the vaccine. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 7469 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  High percent of republicans refusing covid vaccination brewer 36 3422 March 24, 2021 at 7:47 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Incels and THOTs are left wingers, not right wingers. Ismir 24 2323 November 4, 2018 at 8:18 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Should not vaccinating your child be a criminal offence? Coveny 32 5254 December 3, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Friends Across the Pond: Why You Should Not Give Up On America Rhondazvous 26 4014 November 11, 2016 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Hillary should not have immediately offered the disgraced DNC chair a job. Whateverist 12 1692 July 30, 2016 at 2:51 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  The US should not intervene in Ukraine! sven 82 13517 April 16, 2014 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Not everything should be private Dragonetti 0 898 May 6, 2013 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Dragonetti