Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The US should not intervene in Ukraine!
The US should not intervene in Ukraine!
This is the kind of thing I loose sleep over.
If the US intervenes in any way in a conflict between Ukraine and Russia, it could lead to an armed conflict between two superpowers, and a third world war.
The best case scenario if the US intervenes i suspect, will be that the US gets sucked into a war that will become the worst one of this century. I see nothing good coming out of this.
The worst case scenario is that the US and the Russia start a nuclear war. Many people tend to forget that both these nations have a considerable nuclear arsenal left. Enough to wipe out all life on earth, in fact.
Russia has become a pseudo-fascist state with imperialist ambitions. But armed intimidation is not the right way to deal with Putin, I think.
If a confrontation between NATO and Russia spirals out of control, Sweden could be in all sorts of trouble even if it is neutral.

Read about it here.

RE: The US should not intervene in Ukraine!
Men like war. If there is going to be another war, it is because men want it. Men seem incapable of functioning or maintaining their grasp on power over the masses unless there is a war of some kind to unite the people.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
If Russia doesn't want war, then they should not invade the Ukraine.

Let's hope they don't.

If they do, rolling over and letting them have their way is appeasement.

Ruin their economy? Pah. You can't ruin a dead man walking.

North Korea proves you can weather sanctions. Iran as well.

If it becomes a hot conflict, what do you propose?

Fuck your mindless fear – give solutions!

If not, you're just bitching with no plan.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
The US should stay out of it as well as most other conflicts. I'm tired of funding all the fucking wars.
Russia has 8000 nuclear warheads, ability to use it to deprive the United States and the western world most of what we own, and has comparatively much less to lose should the United States decide to do its worst in retaliation.

Appeasement is not a bad option when what is on the table is not worth the cost of keeping it from the other guy. There is not any need to pretend what is not on the table (such as Poland and Baltic republics) is actually at risk on the table in order to whip up an overblown sense of crisis for domestic consumption.

Munich crisis is not an suitable or accurate all weather, universal analogy when faced with an aggressive power we do not like.
Ukraine understood what it was doing when they told Russia to go fuck itself, threw out Putin's hand-picked puppet, and moved closer to the EU.
Did they think there would be no reaction at all?

I wonder what our ability to intervene actually is? I can't imagine we'd be stupid enough to sail our carriers into the Black Sea.
(April 10, 2014 at 2:00 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: If it becomes a hot conflict, what do you propose?

Not tossing our own irons into the fire. We can't afford a war, not financially, not socially, not politically. Short of turning all of Russia into a wasteland, which by extension would turn much of the world into a wasteland, we can't make sure they stay out of Ukraine if they really have a hardon for taking it.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I can't think of a solution that wouldn't just make everything worse.
In the mean time, i'm thinking : lets war , lets have some action .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(April 10, 2014 at 2:35 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: In the mean time, i'm thinking : lets war , lets have some action .

Why don't you die for Ukraine first?
(April 10, 2014 at 2:35 pm)Chuck Wrote:
(April 10, 2014 at 2:35 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: In the mean time, i'm thinking : lets war , lets have some action .

Why don't you die for Ukraine first?

what is that supposed to mean ? whats ur point ?
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  China and Ukraine Interaktive 43 2712 October 11, 2022 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Bill Clinton and Ukraine Interaktive 4 342 August 5, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Kuchma, the president of Ukraine Interaktive 5 858 June 10, 2022 at 2:11 pm
Last Post: Interaktive
  Why NATO doesn't give to Ukraine plan of membership? Interaktive 39 1461 April 24, 2022 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 6728 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Ukraine will become a developed country Interaktive 17 726 August 10, 2020 at 5:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump admits to pressuring Ukraine for kompromat Rev. Rye 9 1119 September 23, 2019 at 11:44 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Ukraine/Crimea/Russia issue Mystic 23 5476 April 5, 2019 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  Should not vaccinating your child be a criminal offence? Coveny 32 4819 December 3, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Ukraine is one of the poorest countries in the world Interaktive 10 3075 July 18, 2017 at 5:20 am
Last Post: chimp3