Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 5:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your encouragement to get me back to shape!
RE: Your encouragement to get me back to shape!
Well, one of my kids loves hummus (the less-healthy eating one ironically)... I've just got to go back to my old standby... Carrots... You can eat a million of them.
Baby carrots! I have a buddy who says carrots and hummus is an amazing combination.

You should be proud of your eater, lol. I don't think I would've cared much for hummus when I was younger.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
My 4 year old loves brussel sprouts of all things! The 6 year old would eat nothing but meat if we let him...
Try smashing some turnips like you would potatoes (don't add milk, it just pools at the bottom of the bowl). Maybe it'll trick the older one into eating something veggie-related and if the younger likes brussels, I can't see why turnips would be yucky. :3
(October 4, 2012 at 1:49 pm)festive1 Wrote: Gym again today!! Did treadmill for 15 minutes, met with a trainer who kicked my butt (two words: jump-squats), then at his insistence did another 30 minutes on the treadmill. I'm taking off tomorrow... My abs are already sore :-( No pain, no gain! Just not too much pain...

wow 45 minutes...that's excellent. I'm worked out chest and triceps today at the gym. Hopefully will run later.

(October 4, 2012 at 1:53 pm)Annik Wrote: Fewer cookies, more veggies! :3

Diet is just as important as exercise!

True said. I eat too much junk.
Hmmm...I was hoping by night time, the soreness of my legs would go away. But it hasn't so I'll run tomorrow hopefully.
Your encouragement to get me back to shape!
Try stretching out at home... Taking a day off once in a while doesn't hurt either.
You shouldn't exercise more than 5 times a week.
Re OP:

My body is a finally tuned machine. I feed it cigarettes and beer. Eat anything I want, fuck like a stalion, feast on steaks, butter and whiskey all while racing cars, gamblin, writin music, playin rock shows and staying up way too late smoking the finest green and sharing laughs & cocktails with beautiful like-minded people who love to live free.

Old age looks terrifying. May I never see it.
[Image: Evolution.png]

Sorry Mystic.

YOU are the only one who can reshape your body. No amount of encouragement will do it for you.
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Methods For Whipping My Negroes Into Shape? The Atheist 2 1288 March 30, 2016 at 2:51 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain