Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 7:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your encouragement to get me back to shape!
RE: Your encouragement to get me back to shape!
I miss running so much, the best I can pull off is a brisk walk now. Had to fight for that brisk walk too. Ah well, lost youth and ability.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 9, 2012 at 11:32 am)Shell B Wrote: I was able to start running again about four days ago. I'm able to do about 3/4 of what I was doing before I had to stop for a bit. Today, it was fucking cold and rainy, so I wacked the bag around for a bit instead of running. My legs feel itchy to run, though.

O you run outside. Nice. Fresh air is always better.
Trainer kicked my ass. We did a little boxing though, I've never done that before, it was fun! I really have to do a run tomorrow, otherwise my legs are gonna seize up.
This thread is going to make a bunch of in shape Atheists. Speaking of which, anybody notice how fat christians in this country are? I feel like non-believers are probably the most in shape group in general. Maybe because they aren't churning out children at the same rate at the religious.
(October 9, 2012 at 12:08 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: O you run outside. Nice. Fresh air is always better.

Oh, yes. I very much prefer to be outside.
Your encouragement to get me back to shape!
(October 9, 2012 at 3:00 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: This thread is going to make a bunch of in shape Atheists. Speaking of which, anybody notice how fat christians in this country are? I feel like non-believers are probably the most in shape group in general. Maybe because they aren't churning out children at the same rate at the religious.

I blame the thought process of: Jesus would want me to have that third piece of cake. Who cares about my recent triple-bypass, Jesus will call me home in his own good time. But as a mom, I can say that things ain't what they used to be... Sigh...
I lifted a really heavy weight quite afew times today. I say that... I watched an old episode of "Loose Women".
Usually I'd turn over straight away but the remote was too far away so I figured I might as well make the best of a bad situation.
My upper forearm is ripped.

For the Americans who don't know what I'm talking about;

I had to blot out the northern accents to keep going. Took some mental fortitude.
I'm really proud of myself, feel I've genuinely achieved something today. Now I just have to find something to wipe down the TV with.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I forgot to say yesterday I walked for 1h 30-2 h outside as well.

Today I ran at 7.9 miles per hour for 25 minutues, ended up with 3.3 miles.

I also did over 100 pushups (30-40-34) and over hundred sit ups (43, 40, 30) in 3 sets each.

I also plan on taking a 1h30-2h walk outside as well.

The negative today is that I had 3 big sambosas with lots of oil on them. I think despite the exercise I gained more calories today.

Scratch the walk........I'm off to sleep.
(October 9, 2012 at 9:58 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I forgot to say yesterday I walked for 1h 30-2 h outside as well.

Today I ran at 7.9 miles per hour for 25 minutues, ended up with 3.3 miles.

I also did over 100 pushups (30-40-34) and over hundred sit ups (43, 40, 30) in 3 sets each.

I also plan on taking a 1h30-2h walk outside as well.

The negative today is that I had 3 big sambosas with lots of oil on them. I think despite the exercise I gained more calories today.

Scratch the walk........I'm off to sleep.
That is awesome for the exercise. What is an sambosa?

I will have to incorporate push ups and sit ups into my daily exercise routine. Gotta get rid of my spare tire and my man boobs.

Sadly for me my back is sore. I did a light walk today for half hour.
Today I did some exercise in the form of dancing. After about five minutes I had to stop... because I got thrown out of Comet.
They didn't give either my clothes or my Gangnam Style CD back. I'm cold and hungry.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Methods For Whipping My Negroes Into Shape? The Atheist 2 1295 March 30, 2016 at 2:51 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain