Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 8:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Believing in creationism is a sin
RE: Believing in creationism is a sin
(March 20, 2013 at 3:30 am)Aractus Wrote:
(March 18, 2013 at 11:24 pm)Godschild Wrote: You are correct to the point of bothers and sisters marrying and having children, at the time it was not considered incest, the gene pool was nearly perfect and began to be degraded with time. This was due to sin and it's continued effect on mankind.
Open your Bible and show me the passage that says that the "gene pool" was nearly perfect or that it "degraded with time".

Gen. 1:31 And God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
I do not know what you might believe about God, but I can say I believe when He says something is "very good" He means it is perfect. Perfection comes from the Perfect One, wouldn't you agree. If we can not trust God on this one then how do we trust Him on the Perfect Sacrifice. Also do I really have to show you how sin degraded the creation, surely you know this part.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(March 21, 2013 at 12:14 am)Godschild Wrote: I can say I believe when He says something.

You actually think that anything in the Bible was divinely inspired? ROFLOL

Fallible man wrote it, and there is zero proof that it was divinely inspired.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 21, 2013 at 12:10 am)Mr Infidel Wrote:
(March 21, 2013 at 12:02 am)Godschild Wrote: I do, God created Adam and Eve and said that all was good at the end of the sixth day.

Obviously, it was not all good. Our main light source, after all, gives us skin cancer.

Not until sin had entered creation, tell me from the perspective of scripture, the long ages of man after the fall, how was it they did not die of skin cancer long before they reached the age of, let's say 600 years. These people spent much of their time outdoors.

(March 21, 2013 at 12:16 am)Mr Infidel Wrote:
(March 21, 2013 at 12:14 am)Godschild Wrote: I can say I believe when He says something.

You actually think that anything in the Bible was divinely inspired? ROFLOL

Fallible man wrote it, and there is zero proof that it was divinely inspired.

All of it is, you can not get any other argument from me than this.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(March 21, 2013 at 12:20 am)Godschild Wrote: how was it they did not die of skin cancer long before they reached the age of, let's say 600 years. These people spent much of their time outdoors.

First of all, no one ever lived that long. Secondly, they most likely did die of cancer, but people had no knowledge of what cancer was at that time.

(March 21, 2013 at 12:20 am)Godschild Wrote: All of it is, you can not get any other argument from me than this.

Until you can provide verifiable proof, it is simply your opinion based on nothing more than mere faith.
~ Erin Hunter
(March 21, 2013 at 12:02 am)Godschild Wrote: It was not incestuous until God said it was, so from the time of Adam and Eve's children till the time of Moses when the law of no marrying between brothers and sisters was given, it was not wrong. So with these facts from scripture, why do you believe God would wait so long to make this practice sinful. Sure the word is icky, it's been an ingrained thought for more than 3000 years.

There is no rational way to respond to this, because it's not a rational thought. It's mere surrender: "Even though every last part of these acts lines up perfectly with the definition of incest, because god hadn't said anything about it it's fine."

This is not argumentation, and hence requires no answer.

Quote:The people I was referring to were the people of Adam and Eve's time to the time of Moses, they were unable to understand the function of most organs in the body at that time, now how were they to understand a part of the body they could not see.

You have an omnipotent and all knowing god. You might not be able to envision a way for the people of yore to understand these things, but your god can, by definition. The fact that he didn't either means you're right and god is a dictatorial idiot, or you're wrong and god meant no such thing.

Quote: God did make it clear to the people of Moses time, He said no more marrying between brothers and sisters. They actually got it, they knew for some reason God was putting an end to the practice, so they trusted He knew best.

Just like the flood that relegated them to the practice in the first place...

Quote:You can't be serious, God the creator of man would obviously know the entire make up of the human body. I know genes are not mentioned in scripture, but it would be ignorant of me to believe God did not know everything about the human body He created, there are things we have no idea about that to God is child's play. So I'm not making things up, I'm using the brain God gave me.

Yeah, assuming we just take your basic assumption that Adam and Eve's genes were perfect at face value, something I refuse to do. That's not in the bible, there's no reason to think that Adam and Eve were any different from any other person, and beyond that, you can't even provide a definition of what "perfect genes" would entail. What do you even mean, by that?

Quote:I do, God created Adam and Eve and said that all was good at the end of the sixth day, if the genes of Adam and Eve were not perfect then God could not have said all is good. When you start out with parents with perfect genes then those perfect genes would be passed on to their children. With sin corrupting the creation from that point on the genes would degrade.

I think the major flaw with your statement here is that Adam and Eve turned out to be not so perfect pretty soon after they were created. I seem to recall sin, getting ejected from a garden, and disobeying god's word. So... not so perfect. And who's to say that Adam and Eve's genes weren't rendered imperfect when they were thrown out of Eden?

I mean hell, I have exactly the same level of scriptural reference to back up my claim as you do yours!
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(March 21, 2013 at 12:14 am)Godschild Wrote: Gen. 1:31 And God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
I do not know what you might believe about God, but I can say I believe when He says something is "very good" He means it is perfect. Perfection comes from the Perfect One, wouldn't you agree. If we can not trust God on this one then how do we trust Him on the Perfect Sacrifice. Also do I really have to show you how sin degraded the creation, surely you know this part.
The Bible is not a book of science. Your claim is that the "gene pool was nearly perfect". When does the Bible make mention of the gene pool?
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(March 21, 2013 at 12:22 am)Mr Infidel Wrote: [quote='Godschild' pid='418146' dateline='1363839609']
how was it they did not die of skin cancer long before they reached the age of, let's say 600 years. These people spent much of their time outdoors.

Mr Infidel Wrote:First of all, no one ever lived that long. Secondly, they most likely did die of cancer, but people had no knowledge of what cancer was at that time.

You can not disprove they lived that long, we do not know what they died of, but at 900 years of age a worn out body would be my guess.

(March 21, 2013 at 12:20 am)Godschild Wrote: All of it is, you can not get any other argument from me than this.

MR Infidel Wrote:Until you can provide verifiable proof, it is simply your opinion based on nothing more than mere faith.

Well it is base on more than faith, but it would be something you would not believe so why argue the point, the entire Bible is divinely inspired.
(March 21, 2013 at 6:05 pm)Godschild Wrote: Well it is base on more than faith, but it would be something you would not believe so why argue the point, the entire Bible is divinely inspired.

Faith is an irrational feeling. Faith says, "I believe this and I don't care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong.". Believing something for no reason other than you having faith is an irrational feeling. There’s no logic to that. Faith is nothing but an act of pride.

Are you saying you choose your own faith over proven facts?

That's not even pride, that's just plain ignorance.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(March 21, 2013 at 6:05 pm)Godschild Wrote: Well it is base on more than faith, but it would be something you would not believe so why argue the point.

You are correct. I tend to not believe in that which cannot be proven beyond unverifiable personal testimony.
~ Erin Hunter
(March 21, 2013 at 12:02 am)Godschild Wrote: It was not incestuous until God said it was, so from the time of Adam and Eve's children till the time of Moses when the law of no marrying between brothers and sisters was given, it was not wrong. So with these facts from scripture, why do you believe God would wait so long to make this practice sinful. Sure the word is icky, it's been an ingrained thought for more than 3000 years.

Esquilax Wrote:There is no rational way to respond to this, because it's not a rational thought. It's mere surrender: "Even though every last part of these acts lines up perfectly with the definition of incest, because god hadn't said anything about it it's fine."

This is not argumentation, and hence requires no answer.

Stumped I see, the argument I gave is fine, I gave reference from scriptures, then asked for your response. You had none so you made up some idea that I'm not rational. God is the standard of what is right and wrong according to scripture, apparently you're unable to understand this, making it a stumbling block for you.

GC Wrote:The people I was referring to were the people of Adam and Eve's time to the time of Moses, they were unable to understand the function of most organs in the body at that time, now how were they to understand a part of the body they could not see.

Esquilax Wrote:You have an omnipotent and all knowing god. You might not be able to envision a way for the people of yore to understand these things, but your god can, by definition. The fact that he didn't either means you're right and god is a dictatorial idiot, or you're wrong and god meant no such thing.

Yes I do have an omniscient God, that is not the case for the people of the past or today. Your statement lacks an kind of understanding.

GC Wrote:God did make it clear to the people of Moses time, He said no more marrying between brothers and sisters. They actually got it, they knew for some reason God was putting an end to the practice, so they trusted He knew best.

Esquilax Wrote:Just like the flood that relegated them to the practice in the first place...

The marriage of brothers and sister came from the time of Adam and Eve. The marriages after the flood could have been with cousins, but I would not be surprised if brothers and sisters married after the flood since God did later give a law against it.

GC Wrote:You can't be serious, God the creator of man would obviously know the entire make up of the human body. I know genes are not mentioned in scripture, but it would be ignorant of me to believe God did not know everything about the human body He created, there are things we have no idea about that to God is child's play. So I'm not making things up, I'm using the brain God gave me.

Esquilax Wrote:Yeah, assuming we just take your basic assumption that Adam and Eve's genes were perfect at face value, something I refuse to do. That's not in the bible, there's no reason to think that Adam and Eve were any different from any other person, and beyond that, you can't even provide a definition of what "perfect genes" would entail. What do you even mean, by that?

Since you refuse to look at my argument as something you will not consider then why are we doing this. Of coarse there in nothing in scripture about genes, there's no reason for genes to be mentioned. Adam and Eve along with the rest of creation was called very good by God, He would not have done this unless it was perfect. Perfect creation encompasses perfect genes.

GC Wrote:I do, God created Adam and Eve and said that all was good at the end of the sixth day, if the genes of Adam and Eve were not perfect then God could not have said all is good. When you start out with parents with perfect genes then those perfect genes would be passed on to their children. With sin corrupting the creation from that point on the genes would degrade.

Esquilax Wrote:I think the major flaw with your statement here is that Adam and Eve turned out to be not so perfect pretty soon after they were created. I seem to recall sin, getting ejected from a garden, and disobeying god's word. So... not so perfect. And who's to say that Adam and Eve's genes weren't rendered imperfect when they were thrown out of Eden?

I mean hell, I have exactly the same level of scriptural reference to back up my claim as you do yours!

We actually do not know how long they were in the Garden of Eden before they sinned. We could assume it was for a time from scripture, want get into that at this time. By your statement Adam and Eve were perfect for a time, so during that time their genes would be perfect. I have no idea whether or not their genes were corrupted at the time they sinned, I do know the genes of man became corrupted after sin came into the world, all of creation was corrupted.
You have not given any scriptures to back up your argument.

(March 21, 2013 at 7:01 am)Aractus Wrote:
(March 21, 2013 at 12:14 am)Godschild Wrote: Gen. 1:31 And God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
The Bible is not a book of science. Your claim is that the "gene pool was nearly perfect". When does the Bible make mention of the gene pool?

I'm not trying to make scripture scientific, I am applying science to what we know the scripture records. For future reference I know scripture is not history either. If the previous answer is not ample for you then I do not know what else to give you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 3571 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is the Afro-Asiatic linguistics incompatible with Young-Earth Creationism? FlatAssembler 17 1923 July 13, 2023 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: FlatAssembler
  the nature of sin Drich 137 22280 August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Creationism and Ignorance vulcanlogician 273 55521 May 23, 2018 at 3:03 am
Last Post: Amarok
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3364 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Sin and the Blame Game LadyForCamus 115 32304 June 20, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 63213 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5993 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Question for Christians regarding elimination of Sin ErGingerbreadMandude 11 3005 January 29, 2017 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: The Wise Joker
  Creationism out in Youngstown brewer 17 3040 September 25, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: c172