Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
Hmm . . . . .

Am I the only one seeing a wee bit of a 'thing' there ??

Huh
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
Make that 2 'things' there . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Quote:Kostenberger explains, “The entire twelve verses of the pericope adulterae are completely absent from all of the oldest manuscripts of the Gospel of John.”[

And who, pray tell, is this Kostenberger guy who shits all over the jesus freaks' stupid fucking bible?

Quote:Andreas J. Köstenberger

Andreas J. Köstenberger is Senior Research Professor of New Testament and Biblical Theology at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, North Carolina.

Oh, dear.  He is one of THEM.
So, that's 3 'things' there . . .

This thread is somehow reminding me of the following song:

https://youtu.be/2X_2IdybTV0
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
And what struck me:

1) so, how much time has to elapse for the now sinless woman to be authorized to stone sinners ??

2) and Jesus certainly wouldn't command someone to do something impossible, so for a person sufficiently impressed/motivated/inspired a sin free life is possible.

I honestly do not see how those two points in any way reflects the scenario, but that may just be me.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
In Bible speak adultery has at least two meanings. The first one is sexual. The second one is worshiping other gods beside Yahweh.

In the case of the woman she was worshiping Yeshua instead of Yahweh. He had been going around the area blabbling about how he was the son of God (which would make him a god as well) and doing magic tricks to impress the local yokels. So when the busybodies caught the woman worshiping Yeshua they tried to geth him to condemn her to death because he had said that the law was in effect. They wimped out when he tossed it back at them by saying that the person without sin should cast the first stone.

Since they were all sinners they wimped out. That fell to Yeshua and since he was supposed to have been sinless he granted her mercy (one of the themes in the Bible). That demonstrated that he had the power to forgive sins (another one of the themes in the New Testament).
What is apparent is that this was a story that was being told in jesus freak circles and some douchebag decided to slip it into "John" as part of the so-called fucking gospel.  One wonders if this was not the germination of the majority of the miracle tales.

After all, Apollonius of Tyana and Emperor Vespasian were credited with "miracles" too and you can bet your nuts that jesus freaks will deny those with their last breath.
All of the biblical miracles are based upon Exodus 34:10 (NKJV) = "10 And He said: “Behold, I make a covenant. Before all your people I will do marvels such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation; and all the people among whom you are shall see the work of the Lord. For it is an awesome thing that I will do with you."

All of the biblical stories are based upon the Ten Commandments, Exodus 34:11-28.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sin and death LinuxGal 35 2248 December 11, 2023 at 8:32 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  the nature of sin Drich 137 18352 August 11, 2020 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2584 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Sad My mother believes in Jesus more than in me suffering23 56 8870 April 16, 2018 at 3:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  And God Said Minimalist 24 3490 October 20, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2670 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Can a Chrisitan lose his/her salvation? Jehanne 130 30902 July 26, 2017 at 10:25 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Sin and the Blame Game LadyForCamus 115 29950 June 20, 2017 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Without the Shedding of Blood There is No Remission of Sin Rhondazvous 231 58102 June 4, 2017 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Zenith
  Why Lust is bad, not gonna use "sin" reason but logical reason Rispri 27 5538 March 4, 2017 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire