Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 8:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb Things Theists Say
RE: Dumb Things Theists Say
(July 5, 2013 at 6:29 pm)Godschild Wrote:
(July 5, 2013 at 4:10 pm)Ryantology Wrote: We have too many theists here who seem to be racing each other to the bottom.

And you're looking up and waiting.

All I see are your asses, but that alone doesn't help me determine which direction you're going.
(July 5, 2013 at 7:51 pm)Ryantology Wrote:
(July 5, 2013 at 6:29 pm)Godschild Wrote: And you're looking up and waiting.

All I see are your asses, but that alone doesn't help me determine which direction you're going.

No matter what way we're going it still leaves you in the rear.
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(July 6, 2013 at 1:25 am)Godschild Wrote:
(July 5, 2013 at 7:51 pm)Ryantology Wrote: All I see are your asses, but that alone doesn't help me determine which direction you're going.

Not if you're reversing.

Isn't that the kind of thing christianity excels at?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
A day a Muslim said to me that I refuse to accept that Adam and Eve really existed because my brain is too small.

Seriously Adam and Eve never existed and in the Quranic version of the story of Adam and Eve , Eve was created by Allah after Adam with clay.
We have three problems :

1.Humans are not made with clay.
2.The evolution theory is true.
3.The woman existed in the same time of the apparition of the man.
(July 7, 2013 at 3:59 pm)viocjit Wrote: A day a Muslim said to me that I refuse to accept that Adam and Eve really existed because my brain is too small.

Seriously Adam and Eve never existed and in the Quranic version of the story of Adam and Eve , Eve was created by Allah after Adam with clay.
We have three problems :

4. Genetically, men are modifications of the female design. Why would God create the variation first and then the theme afterwards?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(July 7, 2013 at 4:20 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(July 7, 2013 at 3:59 pm)viocjit Wrote: A day a Muslim said to me that I refuse to accept that Adam and Eve really existed because my brain is too small.

We have three problems :

4. Genetically, men are modifications of the female design. Why would God create the variation first and then the theme afterwards?

Absolutely correct. The male body is essentially a testosterone infused female body. I'm not sure if it makes any sense to ask how a human body infused with neither estrogen nor testosterone would develop or what it would eventually look like.
"Islam will dominate the world"

I constantly find this phrase in the news.

On paper signs held up by a bun of 5-6 people who are members of a recently banned organisation standing infront of a rural courthouse alone in the snow. - pathetic.
(June 22, 2013 at 12:15 am)Atheistic_Dan Wrote: Not entirely sure if this is in the right section, but having just had a rather big debate with some theists on Twitter I thought it'd be good to share some of the dumbest things you've read.

I've seen some dumb things in my time, but I think this one takes the biscuit

Theist: God heals everyone who deserves it
Me: Tell that to the millions of cancer suffers
Theist: They're obviously not religious enough
Me: Really? People who pray everyday for help aren't religious?
Her: Real religious people wouldn't get cancer

I mean, come on! I asked her to provide statistics to prove that, she of course failed and resulted to blocking me!

Sounds like this lady has, as psychologist Darrell Ray would say, caught the God Virus.
(July 6, 2013 at 1:25 am)Godschild Wrote:
(July 5, 2013 at 7:51 pm)Ryantology Wrote: All I see are your asses, but that alone doesn't help me determine which direction you're going.

*insert butt sex joke here*
(July 7, 2013 at 4:28 pm)whateverist Wrote:
(July 7, 2013 at 4:20 pm)DeistPaladin Wrote: 4. Genetically, men are modifications of the female design. Why would God create the variation first and then the theme afterwards?

Absolutely correct. The male body is essentially a testosterone infused female body. I'm not sure if it makes any sense to ask how a human body infused with neither estrogen nor testosterone would develop or what it would eventually look like.

I'm OK to say that this is correct.
Some articles from Wikipedia :
1.Chromosome
2.X chromosome
3.Y chromosome

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1165 83251 Yesterday at 8:57 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 17838 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 9205 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 4303 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Let's say we evolved from Lions Mystic 27 4298 May 29, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: brewer
  Dumb Rhetoric Amarok 34 5773 April 22, 2018 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Lets say that tomorow it will be proven that God doesn't exist , religion will fade , notimportant1234 54 11448 October 28, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
Question Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it? theBorg 52 9267 October 3, 2016 at 9:02 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 45676 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  What is the dumbest thing you've ever heard a theist say? Vincent 74 14496 October 21, 2015 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan