Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:24 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumb Things Theists Say
Dumb Things Theists Say
Not entirely sure if this is in the right section, but having just had a rather big debate with some theists on Twitter I thought it'd be good to share some of the dumbest things you've read.

I've seen some dumb things in my time, but I think this one takes the biscuit

Theist: God heals everyone who deserves it
Me: Tell that to the millions of cancer suffers
Theist: They're obviously not religious enough
Me: Really? People who pray everyday for help aren't religious?
Her: Real religious people wouldn't get cancer

I mean, come on! I asked her to provide statistics to prove that, she of course failed and resulted to blocking me!
RE: Dumb Things Theists Say
Theists tend to have a special logic all their own which when questioned about they become upset and spew forth more nonsensical tidbits. Having a special belief requires special pleading, after all.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Queen Mary I of England was SO religious she burnt people on the stake for not meeting her religious standards. She died of ovarian cancer...
What today's xtians call "the good old days," Nora.
There is a whole database of that @ http://www.fstdt.com/

Enjoy Big Grin
Islamists in Egypt and other middle east countries say that if they could apply Sharia completely their countries will, spontaneously, become the strongest united countries in the world and Islam will control all countries including the US. They say also that the US and the European West are afraid of the "Islamic project" because they know that it is a successful ideology which will destroy their colonial ambitions.

They say also that the reason their countries are retarded and poor is that Muslims there don't comply with God laws so God is punishing us for neglecting his religion.

Those people do really exist ! I see them everyday !
* Illusion is a big world ... and the world is a bigger illusion.
* Try to live happy ... try to make others live happy.
If you come back at special pleading with real, objective logic, they will soon back themselves into a corner...and they get nasty at that point.

The other day, I commented on a Christian's YouTube channel...and not in the way he wanted me to. Instead of telling me why I was wrong (which he couldn't do anyway) he proceeded instead to tell me that my comments are meaningless because he had x number of YouTube channels, y number of subscribers, and he was an important family member in a long line of wealthy families. I told them that if all he was going to do was try to compare the size of his dick to mine, that I wouldn't reply to any more of his messages. He then threatened to block me. So I blocked him first. He caught wind of it, messaged me from another account, and instead of toning things down for a more constructive debate, which is what he should have done at that point, he called me an asshole and asked if I was a fag. I blocked that account too. Wink
(June 25, 2013 at 1:18 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: If you come back at special pleading with real, objective logic, they will soon back themselves into a corner...and they get nasty at that point.

The other day, I commented on a Christian's YouTube channel...and not in the way he wanted me to. Instead of telling me why I was wrong (which he couldn't do anyway) he proceeded instead to tell me that my comments are meaningless because he had x number of YouTube channels, y number of subscribers, and he was an important family member in a long line of wealthy families. I told them that if all he was going to do was try to compare the size of his dick to mine, that I wouldn't reply to any more of his messages. He then threatened to block me. So I blocked him first. He caught wind of it, messaged me from another account, and instead of toning things down for a more constructive debate, which is what he should have done at that point, he called me an asshole and asked if I was a fag. I blocked that account too. Wink

What a fine Christian gentleman he is. ROFLOL
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens

"That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so brief could be on so great a subject". - George Santayana

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed". - George Carlin

The dumbest thing a theist can say is "In the beginning" because it is all downhill after that.
Not in any particular order:

Kalam's Cosmological argument.

Teleological argument.

Ontological argument.

Transcendental argument for existence of god.

They are all fallacious. Yet, so many theists believe they are compelling.

Dumb, dumb, dumb...

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stupid things religious people say Foxaèr 1053 68866 March 23, 2024 at 11:17 am
Last Post: no one
  Theists: What do you mean when you say that God is 'perfect'? Angrboda 103 16545 March 5, 2021 at 6:35 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  What will you say to God when you stand before him? The Valkyrie 78 8549 March 5, 2021 at 12:57 am
Last Post: Lightbearer
  What would you say to a god if you met one? The Valkyrie 37 3952 June 1, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: brewer
  Let's say we evolved from Lions Mystic 27 4164 May 29, 2018 at 10:21 am
Last Post: brewer
  Dumb Rhetoric Amarok 34 5504 April 22, 2018 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Lets say that tomorow it will be proven that God doesn't exist , religion will fade , notimportant1234 54 11017 October 28, 2017 at 2:58 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
Question Even an atheist can say "the laws came from above", isn't it? theBorg 52 8795 October 3, 2016 at 9:02 am
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Christians - even the Bible says that Jesus was not God so why do you say he was ? jenny1972 299 40288 November 3, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: jenny1972
  What is the dumbest thing you've ever heard a theist say? Vincent 74 13994 October 21, 2015 at 10:42 am
Last Post: Clueless Morgan