Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 14, 2024, 5:18 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zimmerman verdict: Not Guilty.
RE: Zimmerman verdict: Not Guilty.
Dat face
(July 14, 2013 at 11:48 pm)Gilgamesh Wrote:
(July 14, 2013 at 10:32 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: C'mon gentlemen, let's not get into Internet Tough Guy territory, here...nobody wins those imaginary pissing contests, and in fact everyone who reads them loses.
[Image: BWBxz.jpg]

Is that... Butthead?
Yes, I've heard of this. I don't know why this "reached" my ears for some reason, but news regarding the case have been broadcasted on Turkish TV channels aswell, as if it was something that vaguely concerned us.
To be honest, I don't know why this is such a big issue. The court and the jury have decided that this man was not guilty. What more is there to be said about it?
And I think the forensics also examined the case, and determined that Zimmermann was indeed telling the truth. If the opposite was true, he'd be convicted.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Nobody pointed out that we have the testimony of only one of the participants. Everything Zimmerman said could be entire bullshit, threaded around the bits that were recorded during his phone conversation.

If he wasn't fit enough to do Neighbourhood Watch, then he shouldn't have been doing it. If his only line of defence (in any encounter) was his gun, then he especially shouldn't have been doing it. But fuck it. One less black guy minding his own business is now dead. Land of the Free, indeed.

Ultimately, the big lesson for me is the reactions to this event from certain people... and other people giving kudos in a knee-jerk reaction, like members of the KKK at one of their rallies.
[Image: ascent_descent422.jpg]
Tho' Nature, red in tooth and celt
With ravine, shriek'd against his creed

Red Celt's Blog
(July 15, 2013 at 9:09 am)Red Celt Wrote: Nobody pointed out that we have the testimony of only one of the participants. Everything Zimmerman said could be entire bullshit, threaded around the bits that were recorded during his phone conversation.
This would hold more weight if it weren't for the facts that his face was bloodied when the police arrived, as was the back of his head, and his hands did not appear to have any injuries. All that points towards him being attacked and having to defend himself, rather than him being the attacker.

There was also the eye-witness who phoned the police and reported that the darker skinned man was on top of the lighter skinned man, beating him.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/28/eyewit...-struggle/

So no, I don't think everything Zimmerman said could be bullshit. I think the crux of the matter, the reason Zimmerman shot Treyvon, is pretty clear.
(July 15, 2013 at 9:09 am)Red Celt Wrote: Nobody pointed out that we have the testimony of only one of the participants. Everything Zimmerman said could be entire bullshit, threaded around the bits that were recorded during his phone conversation.

If he wasn't fit enough to do Neighbourhood Watch, then he shouldn't have been doing it. If his only line of defence (in any encounter) was his gun, then he especially shouldn't have been doing it. But fuck it. One less black guy minding his own business is now dead. Land of the Free, indeed.

Ultimately, the big lesson for me is the reactions to this event from certain people... and other people giving kudos in a knee-jerk reaction, like members of the KKK at one of their rallies.

As I said, there was a forensics report that was done in relation to the case, yes? So what really remains? He was beaten up bad, and forensics report seemed to match his version of the story, so what reason is there for the court to deem him to be guilty of first-degree murder?
You are saying that he bashed his own head on the pavement to make it look like he was attacked? Well, you better prove it, friend, as the justice system goes, he's innocent, until proven otherwise.
Besides, I kind of understand that Zimmermann guy. In most societies, members of a certain ethnic minority can be involved in the majority of the crime in the said country. In the US, it's the black and hispanic minority, in Britain, the Scottish and recent immigrants raise the said banner, in Hungary(and indeed, much of the Balkans) the Gypsies are the problem.
And in most of the cases people do not really stop and think why crime is associated with these people, and instead focus on the fact that it is associated with them and that this association, which is nothing more than bias based on observation is racism and it must be bad. Well, I can't say that bias is a good thing, but it seems to me that people who are the subject of bias do not really try to change that fact.

That Zimmermann guy was kind of paranoid due to the recent streak of inbreaks in his neighborhood, and I guess most of them were done by blacks, and this particular black person acted in ways that aroused suspicion in him.
He followed him, and well, the guy attacked him, something I don't know whether he expected or not, but in the end, the black guy payed for it with his life. He wasn't lynched, or "assasinated" for that matter, he was simply killed in a fight. So what really is there to be said about it?
What I don't understand is why you stigmatize the KKK for supporting Zimmermann(if they did indeed, I know nothing), while not doing the same for the blacks who supported the other guy, while he could be indeed, guilty of assaulting this man, and being killed in self-defense.

A similar case happened in Germany in my time, when some Arab kid assaulted some German kid to rob him off his money. Well, I don't know how that Opfer found the courage in him, yet he took out a knife and stabbed the guy in the leg. Then the arab began to run, of course, not a wise thing to do, considering the fact that you're bleeding, and he died from blood loss. The kid was declared to be not guilty, because he acted on self defense. A similar, but smaller uproar occured amongst the arabs and indeed other minorities in Germany, but really, to no avail, and they maintained the fact that the arab guy was innocent. Well, there you go.
It's a minority thing, not something that is exclusive to your country.
Well, if you have decided to have a multicultural, cosmopolitan country, you ought to expect things like this.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(July 14, 2013 at 5:26 pm)Creed of Heresy Wrote: Ahh yes, of course, it's perfectly acceptable that the punishment for over-reacting should be the termination of your life.

I sometimes think you're an idiot. This is one of those times.

You only sometimes think I'm an idiot? Fuck, I always think I'm an idiot. Thanks for being charitable.

You don't have an issue with what happened. What you have an issue with is reality. Real life isn't fair. We can agree on that.

Is it fair that Trayvon is dead? Fuck no, it isn't.

Should we offer up Zimmerman as a sacrifice for the fact that life isn't fair? Fuck no, we shouldn't.

Don't be a retard.

Did you catch the part where the officer said Zimmerman reacted in a shocked manner when they told him Trayvon was dead? Zimmerman wasn't shooting to kill. He didn't intend to kill the kid. He just wanted the kid to quit attacking him.

If you attack me and I have a gun on me I'm going to shoot your ass too. Consequences be damned.

The local law enforcement that initially investigated the incident agree with me. That no crime was committed. The jury also agree with me, that Zimmerman did not break the law.

So who's being the idiot here?
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
I'm just glad this thing is over. Yes, I think Zimmerman had the right to defend himself when he was having his head rammed into the concrete. However, he should never have put himself into that situation in the first place and just stayed in his truck like the dispatcher told him to.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.

Yea, nobody pointed out Zimmerman's story could be bullshit except the prosecution at the trail. Oh, and practically every major news organization. So the jury was aware that Zimmerman could have been lying. The state told them he was. However after learning that the physical evidence was consistent with Zimmerman's story they rejected that argument.

As far as being fit for neighborhood watch goes practically all the active members of the neighborhood watch programs in the neighborhoods where I've lived have been older retired people.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]
(July 14, 2013 at 1:40 pm)Maelstrom Wrote:
(July 14, 2013 at 1:37 pm)A Theist Wrote: regardless of the verdict, you guys want so much to lynch a white guy even though he was found innocent by a jury

The justice system is imperfect. Bad people get away with murder all the time and innocent people are often found guilty of acts they never committed. Just because a court jury finds him "not guilty" does not mean he is actually innocent.

This picture is incorrect because "Stand Your Ground" had nothing to do with the Zimmerman trial.

Sorry if anybody said that already, I don't feel like looking through another 8 pages of this crap.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists, George Zimmerman and the burden of proof là bạn điên 89 19211 February 17, 2014 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: là bạn điên
  Is Obama guilty of war crimes? Manowar 127 24954 January 16, 2014 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: paintpooper
  Zimmerman's Girlfriend Asks Judge To Drop Charges A Theist 6 2174 December 10, 2013 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  George Zimmerman continues to flaunt the fact that he got away with murder Ryantology 28 5302 November 20, 2013 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  George Zimmerman: Weak Prosecution wolf39us 15 4075 July 8, 2013 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Arizona's Sheriff Shitstain Guilty of Racial Profiling Minimalist 7 2778 May 24, 2013 at 9:33 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Martin and Zimmerman - A reasoned logical discussion Puddleglum 27 11183 September 12, 2012 at 9:34 pm
Last Post: Puddleglum
  Perhaps Zimmerman Wasn't So Bad Minimalist 18 6066 April 4, 2012 at 8:17 pm
Last Post: mediamogul
  Societal Scapegoat or Guilty as Charged? Cinjin 31 6681 August 22, 2011 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Ace Otana