Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 2:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My views on gay mariage
RE: My views on gay mariage
(July 19, 2013 at 10:48 am)Psykhronic Wrote: Marriage has tradition. That does not mean tradition should rule marriage. And yeah, I still give a shit that you are saying "NO NOT THE GAYS" because tradition. Thats an excuse to me. People should be able to choose if they accept tradition or not and should not impose it on others.

Prove that there will be problems if gays marry.
Well it does though, whether you want it or not!
If you don't like that, don't get married, and well, you already said you wouldn't, so what's the problem?

The choice to accept a tradition or not lies solely with the the object that is subject to tradition. When you do not accept tradition in something that is bound by traditions, and is a tradition in itself, I'd say you're loony. On the other hand I hardly believe that marriage is the real issue here. It is the excuse you try to use in order to normalize homosexuality in public eyes.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Whatever you say, marriage and family are bound by traditions, friend. Gays are outside of the "traditional" area of society, so the fact that they desperately try to get in there shows to me that their intentions are anything but noble.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Prove that "breaking from tradition" (whatever your self-serving definition is) will hurt society. Use data, preferably from places where gays are allowed to adopt and marry.

Seriously, you'd be outraged in america. So many couples with kids who arent married, gays who are (in some states), children with gay parents, etc. You'd think society would crumble if marriage's "traditions" are so fucking important.

EDIT:

And OH NO, normalizing gay people. That's just outrageous. What's next, accepting gay animals?
(July 19, 2013 at 10:59 am)Stimbo Wrote: As ever, I feel deeply soiled after being exposed to this sickening brand of prejudicious nonsense. Sorry and all that, but it takes a very special sort of mind to take something as beautiful as love and marriage and turn it into vomit.
How they turn to love and beauty after they have nothing to say.
Using emotional arguments has no effect on me, friend.
They can have their love without being married. No one cares about that.
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
They can't, however, receive the same benefits as straight couples - some of which have NOTHING to do with children (hospital visitations).
(July 19, 2013 at 11:04 am)Psykhronic Wrote: Prove that "breaking from tradition" (whatever your self-serving definition is) will hurt society. Use data, preferably from places where gays are allowed to adopt and marry.

Seriously, you'd be outraged in america. So many couples with kids who arent married, gays who are (in some states), children with gay parents, etc. You'd think society would crumble if marriage's "traditions" are so fucking important.

EDIT:

And OH NO, normalizing gay people. That's just outrageous. What's next, accepting gay animals?
For gays, it is something so important, that it will gain them public recognition, as it was previously the way for straight couples to have their union recognized in public. They obviously no longer feel the need to do so. If this does not spell destruction to you, I don't know what does. I'd very much like to see these illegitimate children yet still living with parents unmarried, or with single parents, or with brothers and sisters from different parents, will ever see higher education, nor any form of career beyond a menial worker.
Now come and tell me that the states with the highest number of illegitimate relationships and children born from those relationships are the richest and most sophisticated of all states.
Tell me come on.

(July 19, 2013 at 11:11 am)Psykhronic Wrote: They can't, however, receive the same benefits as straight couples - some of which have NOTHING to do with children (hospital visitations).

I have no problem with those. As I said, I'm all for a seperate existence for them to receive several legal rights and benefits.
Well I see that shit here in Massachusetts and we are not one of the poorer states and we have a lot of higher education here. I'm not even going to bother going further into that. Broken homes make a lot of shit harder, but being born out of wedlock or having gay parents is not indicative of a broken home.

But you know what? How about YOU prove to ME why gay marriage is harmful with FACTS and RESEARCH?
My niece was raised by two mothers (my sister and her partner), and she turned out just fine.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(July 19, 2013 at 10:21 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: Well, I'm appealing to tradition, a set number of values that have been passed from generation to generation that is propagated by mimicry of the previous generation.
But what are you appealing to?

Equality.

(July 19, 2013 at 10:21 am)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: So under which context do you blame me for appealing to tradition?

Because you're denying the rights of others simply because that's the way it's been done. When tradition has been determined to cause inequality, such as denying women the right to vote and owning slaves, it must be discarded in place of new tradition. This is how we progress to equality.

Not only is an appeal to tradition illogical, it's absolutely no defense at all.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 19, 2013 at 11:45 am)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: My niece was raised by two mothers (my sister and her partner), and she turned out just fine.

B-b-but GAAAAY
In my opinion, love is unconditional of any circumstances, but I also tend to believe that homosexuality is more of a psychological hatred for differences than it is a love for the same.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would You Boycott a Business Because of the Owner's Political Views? Seraphina 70 10235 January 28, 2017 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: ComradeMeow
  Trump Says His Views on Gays are "Evolving" Rhondazvous 19 2244 April 5, 2016 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What are your political views? Catholic_Lady 57 13459 July 18, 2015 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Dystopia
  Your views on MARRIAGE Catholic_Lady 213 37427 July 12, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Views on the Death Penalty? (a poll) Catholic_Lady 171 25016 July 9, 2015 at 10:20 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  An UNBIASED summary of the candidates' views? MetalSifu789 39 18182 July 14, 2012 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: cratehorus
  Your political views Justtristo 41 12945 December 20, 2010 at 3:13 pm
Last Post: Ubermensch