Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 1, 2024, 1:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists go to Heaven too
RE: Atheists go to Heaven too
You believe you get your own planet in the afterlife? Pssh...we've got a Christian on here that hopes to get his own galaxy. If you're going to dream, dream big.

What can I do to prevent Mormons from knocking on my door(you know, besides putting my neighbor's head on stake in my front lawn)?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 1, 2013 at 1:56 am)PeterPriesthood Wrote:
(August 1, 2013 at 12:43 am)BadWriterSparty Wrote: PP, don't you worry that you are deliberately breaking one of your Church's commandments, that is, the Word of Wisdom? Don't get me wrong, I commend you in thinking for yourself on the matter of alcohol and coffee, but you don't feel guilt in your Temple Interviews when they ask if you are keeping the Word of Wisdom? Do you lie to your Stake President?

I simply tell him that I am keeping the Word of Wisdom, for I believe that I am. I don't consider it a lie, and I still feel right with God when I enjoy a beer with a few friends.

BTW, Temple Recommends are given by the Ward Bishop, not the Stake President. You've been gone some time now, haven't you? I bet Hinckley was still President when you left.

I guess I can't rag on you too much for alcohol consumption. My friend's wife is a practicing Mormon but she goes drinking with us all the time.

Yeah, I left during Hinckley's reign. Good guess. I got remarried recently and took my new wife to Temple Square in SLC when I was visiting my daughter. We went to the Visitor's Center and found a small playback clip of Thomas S. Monson at a General Conference talking about women's roles in the family. He greatly offended her sensibilities as a woman...and I was offended too. Do you share President Monson's sentiments about the woman's role in the family, or are you not as backwards-thinking as that?
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(August 1, 2013 at 10:44 am)BadWriterSparty Wrote: I guess I can't rag on you too much for alcohol consumption. My friend's wife is a practicing Mormon but she goes drinking with us all the time.

What a coincidence - I've spent a lot of the last three years drinking and it turns me into a practising moron.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(July 31, 2013 at 6:17 pm)PeterPriesthood Wrote: Don't worry. According to Heavenly Father's Plan of Salvation, even Atheists are saved in one of the Kingdoms of God. There are special requisites for men to end up with Satan in Outer Darkness, and from what I've seen on this forum, nobody fits the bill.

Fuck. Now I do worry. I don't want to go to heaven, I couldn't stand the company! Tongue
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Actually, saying that 'even' atheists get to go to heaven is missing the point by quite a hefty margin. It's sort of like me saying "yes, I know you don't believe in magic unicorns, but don't worry because one day you'll have one of your very own! Her name is Mildred."

Also, granting atheists the curse of the grand prize is an admission that belief in your god, whatever you want to call it, is not necessary. In fact, on that basis it's probably better to live your life on your own feet rather than your knees - sort of a reverse Pascal's Wager (Lacsap's Wager, anyone? No? Sod you then Smile)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

(July 31, 2013 at 6:49 pm)PeterPriesthood Wrote: once you are dead in spirit form.

[Image: Final-Form.jpg]

Lulz, I got a real kick out of you saying that.

Sorry, carry on...
(August 1, 2013 at 11:29 am)Kayenneh Wrote: Fuck. Now I do worry. I don't want to go to heaven, I couldn't stand the company! Tongue

Way to hurt a guys feelings! :'(

I'm gonna need some extra Finnish hugs!

(August 1, 2013 at 12:15 pm)Stimbo Wrote: Also, granting atheists the curse of the grand prize is an admission that belief in your god, whatever you want to call it, is not necessary. In fact, on that basis it's probably better to live your life on your own feet rather than your knees - sort of a reverse Pascal's Wager (Lacsap's Wager, anyone? No? Sod you then Smile)

Ah but wait... :p

it _is_ necessary, as it's impossibility to ignore proves.

:p :p
Quote:Banned peterpriesthood for being a sock account.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-12336-po...#pid486899

lol

who on earth would register a sockaccount claiming to be a mormon?!???
(August 1, 2013 at 4:24 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote:
Quote:Banned peterpriesthood for being a sock account.

http://atheistforums.org/thread-12336-po...#pid486899

lol

who on earth would register a sockaccount claiming to be a mormon?!???

Is it too much to wish it was GC?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is God hiding? or are our eyes too inferior? WinterHold 49 5569 February 10, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Objectivist
  The Mandate of Heaven atheisthunt 22 3433 February 11, 2020 at 11:03 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
Thumbs Up Alzheimers in heaven. onlinebiker 73 8635 October 28, 2019 at 10:49 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Ways to Get Into Heaven! Or Whatever You Believe in! Jade-Green Stone 14 2643 January 24, 2019 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: deanabiepepler
  Too Funny! Minimalist 14 2614 November 23, 2017 at 6:59 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 22201 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  [4.1 SECOND Conversion] (without weird fonts too!) ignoramus 59 5549 January 22, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Apparitions from heaven??? Jehanne 217 22556 November 4, 2016 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Hell and heaven purplepurpose 14 2894 August 23, 2016 at 9:21 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
Question Heaven seems awful 2 me-"Theist laughs at loudly & with great cruelty" fruyian 141 17564 May 18, 2016 at 4:31 am
Last Post: robvalue