Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Funny!
Too Funny!
I can see the problem, though.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/11/austral...de-porres/

Quote:Australian Catholic school covers ‘suggestive’ statue of St. Martin de Porres

[Image: DPMj1cqUEAEnjY1.jpg]

Maybe Roy Moore will buy it for an Alabama courthouse?
RE: Too Funny!
Religion certainly isn't the worst stuff out there.
Hey, the statue is just showing little boys what to expect!
Dying to live, living to die.
Perhaps they have Truth In Advertising laws in Australia?
(November 22, 2017 at 4:14 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Religion certainly isn't the worst stuff out there.

Depends. 

Lets put this in context here.

Are religious people as INDIVIDUALS capable of compassion and empathy and doing good? MOST CERTAINLY YES!

Is religion good for any nation's national diplomacy between competing sub sects? NO! Is it good for global diplomacy? NO!

For all the good religions claim, and I include all of them, Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists.....ect ect ect ect..... It isn't that an individual cant do good or be good, but in that most humans adapt the religions of their parents before they can form critical thinking skills. The downside to all religions is that it teaches the follower that good comes from old writings, holy people and mythology. 

The only difference between an atheist and a religious person is that we don't assign good or bad to club labels or the divine.

Religion has produced very divisive tribalism under all labels.

A Tibet Buddhist wont view politics the same way a Chinese Buddhist or Japanese Shinto Buddhist will, and Asia also has had it's history of religious tribalism.

I wouldn't pin down the world's divisions to religion in so much as I would blame bad logic leading humans to divide based on bad logic.
It needs reducing in size a bit I would say.
Not to mention shape.
How does that even happen? The sculptor did it on purpose right?
(November 22, 2017 at 4:32 pm)SaStrike Wrote: How does that even happen? The sculptor did it on purpose right?

The sculptor was President Covefe and it was an ode to Roy Moore.
It's a loaf of bread. Criminently! This is just to PC. You people would be Rorschach's wet dream.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is God hiding? or are our eyes too inferior? WinterHold 49 5095 February 10, 2023 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Objectivist
  Funny video - Saturday Night Live - teen thanks god during thanksgiving Ferrocyanide 4 766 November 7, 2021 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Dumbass - Funny stuff from the Bible Ferrocyanide 12 1250 October 26, 2021 at 10:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Can fundamentalists be funny? Fake Messiah 15 1622 August 26, 2020 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Why does the Pope wear such funny clothing? GODZILLA 22 3218 June 27, 2018 at 2:24 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Isn't it funny... pabsta 189 55836 August 21, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20767 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Funny Highlights from Ken Ham vs Bill Nye Salty Science 7 2267 January 27, 2017 at 9:20 am
Last Post: brewer
  [4.1 SECOND Conversion] (without weird fonts too!) ignoramus 59 4992 January 22, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Am I just being too cynical? Eclipse 10 2356 February 9, 2016 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Brian37