Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 10:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miracles and Anti-supernaturalism
RE: Miracles and Anti-supernaturalism
(August 9, 2013 at 11:30 am)Chas Wrote: Of course it's a miracle. As an ordained minister in The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (pbup), I see them all the time.

[Image: ordination.jpg]

Where can I get me one of those?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 9, 2013 at 1:33 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Where can I get me one of those?

Microsoft Word? Angel
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(August 9, 2013 at 1:33 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(August 9, 2013 at 11:30 am)Chas Wrote: Of course it's a miracle. As an ordained minister in The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (pbup), I see them all the time.

[Image: ordination.jpg]

Where can I get me one of those?

It is a hard, steep road full of doubt, re-dedication, blood, sweat, and tears.

And $20.

Here.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(August 9, 2013 at 12:09 am)Esquilax Wrote: Predicted response from ronedee: "I guess you never bothered to read the article! If only you'd get past your ignorance and need to bash god, you'd see!"

... Just maybe inflated over nine more paragraphs. Tongue

I seem to have scared him away. Poke a hole in their "miracle" stories and they flutter away like a balloon. Xtians should be made of sterner stuff.
Xtians should never be made.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
(August 10, 2013 at 11:55 am)Minimalist Wrote: I seem to have scared him away. Poke a hole in their "miracle" stories and they flutter away like a balloon. Xtians should be made of sterner stuff.

"scared"? I think not little man. Don't think so highly of yourself...

Unlike you and the masses here, I have a LIFE!

But, I will be around to torment your godforsken souls "when I can"!
Quis ut Deus?
Meanwhile go blow your Hiroshima miracle out your ass you phony bastard.
(August 9, 2013 at 7:08 am)Stimbo Wrote: Anyway, regardless of whether you believe what you wrote or not, it has to be one of the sickest things I've read in a long time - and I read some pretty sick things, let me tell you. Take for instance the 9/11 attacks. Were you as appalled as the rest of us by the sheer atrocity of what happened and what led up to it, not to mention its aftermath, or did you celebrate yet another manifestation of God's plan?

This is not an assault, though you will perceive it as such; I genuinely want to know.

Yes stimmy I was appalled @ any attacks on fellow human beings... and yes I would look both ways just like all humans.

I can say that if God's plan includes these [inspite of my feelings] I will trust it is in His divine plan.

I won't enjoy seeing any disaster, but I will trust in God.

Like I said before, our lives here are an eye-blink in time compared to all eternity. And once the body is dead, I believe that our spirits will live on forever with God. Like God.

What matters is, in that short time we are here to; Love and Help one another to acheive eternal life with our Creator.

As I've said many times, God can't hand us His divinity. We need to earn it through: love, salvation, and reconciliation.

"As God through Jesus Christ shared in our humanity (in every way but sin) so shall we share in His divinity."
Quis ut Deus?
Until you die and find out nothing because your brain will be dead with your body, and your consciousness will end.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]
Thanks for addressing my post - ronny. Your reply now qualifies for this supplementary question: if you became convinced that your god told you to go out and be a part of some similar atrocity in its name, would you still trust in its plan?

Please try to answer without resorting to preaching or quoting extensive bible-spam at me.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Three in five British adults say miracles are possible zebo-the-fat 15 2099 September 30, 2018 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Miracles in Christianity - how to answer KiwiNFLFan 89 19469 December 24, 2017 at 3:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Satan, anti-christ, false prophet vorlon13 43 8438 November 14, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11887 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Question for the anti's.......? ronedee 57 6166 March 12, 2016 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Is Christianity responsible for anti gay bigotry? 1994Californication 35 7720 March 12, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Panatheist
  Anti-christ? wolfclan96 225 37650 August 20, 2015 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Jesus' imperfect miracles. Brakeman 32 7322 June 25, 2015 at 4:29 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  An Anti-Gay Preacher In My Hometown Was Busted On Grindr Faith No More 50 14581 May 25, 2015 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
Rainbow Bloody miracles from a bloody cult. Bob Kelso 22 4982 March 26, 2015 at 11:24 am
Last Post: KevinM1