Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Anti-Gay Preacher In My Hometown Was Busted On Grindr
An Anti-Gay Preacher In My Hometown Was Busted On Grindr
Quote:A Michigan pastor who has publicly railed against gay marriage has resigned from his post after being outed for soliciting sex from men through an app geared toward gay, bisexual and bi-curious men.

The Rev. Matthew Makela made the announcement on Sunday in a letter to the congregation at St. John's Lutheran Church and School in Midland after he was outed by the gay and lesbian entertainment website Queerty.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/mi.../27637341/

These stories are always fun, but it just seems so much sweeter when it happens in your backyard.  We have too many self-righteous preachers in this area as it is.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
RE: An Anti-Gay Preacher In My Hometown Was Busted On Grindr
Hahahah I heard about that!
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
Lol... goes to show just how gay homophobia is
My sister and I were laughing about this guy over dinner last night. His exchanges are so awkward, and the fact that the church advised the congregation not to look at the stuff about him online just sealed the Streisand Effect on this one.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(May 22, 2015 at 1:54 pm)Neimenovic Wrote: Lol... goes to show just how gay homophobia is

That is well put.  Homophobia is gay, and there have been scientific studies showing that to be the case.  A man who is rabidly homophobic is almost certainly gay himself.

"A wise man ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
— David Hume, An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding, Section X, Part I.
I especially like this part...

Quote:In a letter posted on the St. John's church website, the church's senior pastor, the Rev. Daniel Kempin tells parishioners that Makela "has acknowledged that there was sin and repentance, and I have testified that there is indeed forgiveness through the same Lord who forgives all our sins."

If god so easily forgives you for liking dick, why were prattling on about how bad it is in the first place?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 22, 2015 at 2:03 pm)Faith No More Wrote: If god so easily forgives you for liking dick, why were prattling on about how bad it is in the first place?

Three words...horny and single Big Grin
All that's going through my head is:

Anti-gay pastor is a bottom, more at 11.

Devil
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
All fun and games until someone gets hurt...
http://www.queerty.com/grindr-user-rev-m...e-20150521

Seriously, FUCK this guy.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
First class dickweed...people like that should never be allowed near children

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satan, anti-christ, false prophet vorlon13 43 8068 November 14, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Ray is busted lyin' for Jesus Faith No More 20 3198 November 7, 2016 at 11:29 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  A Simple Way to Shut Up a Street Preacher Jonah 44 28325 August 12, 2016 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Question for the anti's.......? ronedee 57 5621 March 12, 2016 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  Is Christianity responsible for anti gay bigotry? 1994Californication 35 7238 March 12, 2016 at 7:48 am
Last Post: Panatheist
  What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher drfuzzy 150 29029 August 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Anti-christ? wolfclan96 225 35035 August 20, 2015 at 3:50 pm
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Alabama Preacher Admits having AIDS, Sleeps with Flock JesusHChrist 10 2926 October 9, 2014 at 9:05 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Stupidest Anti Evolution Argument Ever. Jacob(smooth) 50 6462 September 26, 2014 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hint not taken; son of dead rattlesnake preacher bitten. Ryantology 15 4500 May 28, 2014 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: Faith No More