Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 12:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Measles Outbreak at Vaccine-Denying Church
RE: Measles Outbreak at Vaccine-Denying Church
I'm pretty fucking sure people who go into foxholes don't just stay there unless they get shot down. Who the fuck are you to judge people as the "foxhole type"?
(August 27, 2013 at 12:21 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: Well Drich, says a lot about god to have a follower as sick and disgusting as yourself. Says a lot about god too that he's such a horrible god the only way to guarantee atheists would choose him is to make our supposed alternative as horrible as humanly possible. If your god appears in front of me right now I'll spit on his face and watch him flail his imaginary hands at me. If you're in front of me right now I'd call the cops on you. That's what I think of you and your god.

In short, fuck you both again.

ROFLOL
All of this because I do not value your finite time here in this life to the same degree as I value your eternal state?

If a zombie bit you on your arm and you had 5 mins to have it cut off, would you keep the arm and die a 'whole person.' or would you value the rest of your life and forsake your arm?

Since it seems you worship life so much I will guess that you would cut off the arm, to live out the rest of your life.

So if the cost of eternal life is 40 years of this one, would you not gladly pay it as well?
No, all this because you're willing to use others' lives to validate your beliefs. You'll never understand why that makes you a scum, which is precisely why you're a scum.
(August 27, 2013 at 12:31 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Then why not simply ask god for whatever it takes? That may not be something as negative as a deadly disease, but no, you jump right to that. If I lock my keys in the car, I could first try calling AAA, or I could smash the window simply for the sake of smashing something.
I am speaking to what it cost me to force change in my life. I am offering you a chance to experience what I did. I started there simply because that is what i know. In my prayer I ask God to rain down whatever it takes for Stimbo.
This does not automatically means Aids or Cancer. It simply means you must have the willingness to experience whatever it takes to change or even break your heart. I started with personal health because that is what most people hold the most dear.

Quote:Then you have failed.
What if this prayer helps pave the way to your eternal life?
(August 27, 2013 at 12:50 pm)Drich Wrote: So if the cost of eternal life is 40 years of this one, would you not gladly pay it as well?

I am beginning to see a correlation between vampire fiction and the theistic notion of eternity. Both were created for fear of dying and ceasing to exist.

Although eternity seems like a worthwhile venture, it is not grounded in reality. All things must come to an end, even the universe one day.

Do I want to be an immortal vampire? Sure, it would be cool, especially going by what the vampire books portray in regards to immortality.

However, I realize that simply wanting it to be true is not the same as it being true, because the stories are just fiction.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(August 27, 2013 at 12:44 pm)Psykhronic Wrote: I'm pretty fucking sure people who go into foxholes don't just stay there unless they get shot down. Who the fuck are you to judge people as the "foxhole type"?

Again because they are not standing in 'Fox holes' being shot at.

Just because you are 'over there' does not automaticaly place you on the front lines (Where the fox holes are.)

Just so we are clear a 'fox hole' is a pit dug usually hastily for individual cover from enemy fire. Meaning there are not high was or protect areas/armor to hide behind.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/foxhole

Again those d-bags are not in foxholes.

(August 27, 2013 at 12:54 pm)pineapplebunnybounce Wrote: No, all this because you're willing to use others' lives to validate your beliefs. You'll never understand why that makes you a scum, which is precisely why you're a scum.

Think about that for a second. If all this happens to you, then how does it validate anything for me?

Again I have already been through this,(along with a laundry list of other terriable terriable things.) My faith has already been validated. So it would seem to me, the only person endanger of having God validate a person's faith is one who asks God to carry them through a series of situations like this one.
(August 27, 2013 at 12:39 pm)Drich Wrote: I know what pneumonia is. I've had it 3 times. the last time I had it for 3 months, (the bug is getting more resistant to the antibotics) So that leads me to ask if your medicine did not work, or you had no access to any medcine, and you lay there dying and knew there was nothing you could do...

I don't doubt that you have, as I have as well. Usually, one gets prescribed ten days worth of amoxicillin or another antibiotic and it clears up. You are aware, are you not, that pneumonia kills a great many people every year?

My case was not typical. The day after Christmas, I started getting sick. I thought it was the flu. A week later, I went to the emergency room, they told me, yes, it's influenza, they gave me a couple of bags of IV fluids (I was badly dehydrated), and they sent me home a few hours later. There's not much they can do for influenza except let it run it's course (unless they can administer an antiviral within 48 hours of the first symptoms. It was too late for that.). They told me it would probably get worse before it got better, and that I might be sick for another couple of weeks.

I got progressively worse. I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep, I had trouble breathing, I was delirious. About the 12th day, I begged my best friend to kill me (no, I am not joking). On the 14th day, I was taken back to the emergency room. Shortly after arriving, I had to be intubated and put on a ventilator so that I could breathe as my blood oxygen levels were dangerously low and if they didn't do it, it would be a race between drowning in my own fluid and systemic organ failure. When they intubate, it's common practice to put the patient into an induced coma to prevent them from attempting to remove the breathing tube, which is what they did. I had no expectation that I would ever awaken - as far as I knew, the moments before I drifted off were the last moments of consciousness that I would ever experience. Obviously, I did wake up, nearly a week later.

Close enough for you? Rhetorical question, really, I couldn't care less.
(August 27, 2013 at 12:55 pm)Drich Wrote: What if this prayer helps pave the way to your eternal life?

The ends don't justify the means, which is something both you and your god don't seem to understand.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
It hurts Drich too much to realize that many people, even under the most egregious circumstances, just don't believe in god. I don't know why, but he clearly refuses to accept it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 27, 2013 at 1:01 pm)Drich Wrote:
(August 27, 2013 at 12:44 pm)Psykhronic Wrote: I'm pretty fucking sure people who go into foxholes don't just stay there unless they get shot down. Who the fuck are you to judge people as the "foxhole type"?

Again because they are not standing in 'Fox holes' being shot at.

Just because you are 'over there' does not automaticaly place you on the front lines (Where the fox holes are.)

Just so we are clear a 'fox hole' is a pit dug usually hastily for individual cover from enemy fire. Meaning there are not high was or protect areas/armor to hide behind.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/foxhole

Again those d-bags are not in foxholes.

No shit, I know what a foxhole is. So you expect them to take a picture in a foxhole with a sign saying they are atheists? Or what? What will prove to you that someone in the armed forces has had to hide quickly in battle situation before AND not believed in god while doing it? Look, I'm saying just because that picture shows them not in foxholes does not mean they have never been in foxholes - and the fact that they ARE in a warzone suggests they have. I'm putting my money on it that they've had to duck in a hasty ditch at some point while fighting overseas. But go ahead and judge them as douchebags, you almighty dickhead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Church sex abuse: Thousands of paedophiles in French Church zebo-the-fat 8 1301 October 7, 2021 at 1:49 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Did Yahweh do us a favor by denying us eternal life? Greatest I am 30 2765 July 26, 2020 at 3:03 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Church of England vs Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints vorlon13 13 4202 April 3, 2017 at 1:48 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Church update:children's church k2490 15 10667 June 26, 2013 at 7:59 am
Last Post: Rahul