Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 23, 2024, 3:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blind faith and evolution
RE: Blind faith and evolution
(September 4, 2013 at 10:12 am)enrico Wrote:
(September 4, 2013 at 9:07 am)Stimbo Wrote: This is beyond stupid. This is a level of sub-stupid that can only be attained by devoting a decade to learning everything there is to know about a subject, then physically hacking the knowledge out of your brain with a rusty chisel dipped in LSD and replacing it with a phial of 100% proof liquid stupidity. You then take the removed parts of your brain that held the knowledge, place them by a large boulder, and spend thirty years gnawing the boulder into the shape of the word “stupidity.” Finally you flip the boulder of stupidity onto the scraps of brain using a JCB with the registration “Stup1d” and propelled by fossil fuels culled from mentally handicapped dinosaurs.

Then you manage to reverse the vehicle over yourself as a final testament to your stupidity.

No. Just no. The operative word in your statement is "if". It's the single most overworked word in the theists' language. Now follow it through with "if not" - complete the analysis. Then ask yourself why I opted to phrase my comment the way I did. (Hint: I may have been taking the piss.)

Irony is not your favorite dish Stimbo.
How sad!Cool Shades

That wasn't irony. You continue to demonstrate your stupidity.
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
(September 4, 2013 at 10:20 am)Chas Wrote: That wasn't irony. You continue to demonstrate your stupidity.

Stupidity?
I did asked you the meaning of philosophy or love for wisdom and nobody is so far able to reply so i was thinking about the stupidity to open a forum about philosophy when none is able to explain the meaning of philosophy.
How do you get wisdom?
Where wisdom can be found?
Is wisdom something limited or something unlimited?
Can wisdom be found within this universe?
Does wisdom come together with pleasure?
Where wisdom will lead to?
Can wisdom and atheism go hand in hand?
C'on Chas show me that you are not stupid.Smile
A philosopher does not necessarily have any wisdom in regards to reality, especially if his only evidence is entirely reliant upon faith and imaginative fantasies.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(September 5, 2013 at 3:18 am)Maelstrom Wrote: A philosopher does not necessarily have any wisdom in regards to reality, especially if his only evidence is entirely reliant upon faith and imaginative fantasies.

A real philosopher does not rely on faith or fantasies or on reality that changes constantly like life within this universe.
I doubt you know what reality is.
If you really think that reality is to be found within a universe in which everything is moving and changing then you have failed badly.Confusedhock:
(September 7, 2013 at 4:20 am)enrico Wrote: I doubt you know what reality is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abWi8RiR7FU

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 7, 2013 at 4:20 am)enrico Wrote: A real philosopher does not rely on faith or fantasies or on reality that changes constantly like life within this universe.

Thank you for enlightening us, Plato.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(September 7, 2013 at 12:08 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote:
(September 7, 2013 at 4:20 am)enrico Wrote: A real philosopher does not rely on faith or fantasies or on reality that changes constantly like life within this universe.

Thank you for enlightening us, Plato.

I was thinking to become a Dudeist priest.
Do you think it is possible considering my yoga background?Thinking
(September 4, 2013 at 4:32 am)enrico Wrote: BangheadBangheadBanghead

Enrico, stop tormenting that brick wall with your skin cells.
(September 8, 2013 at 9:11 am)enrico Wrote:
(September 7, 2013 at 12:08 pm)CleanShavenJesus Wrote: Thank you for enlightening us, Plato.

I was thinking to become a Dudeist priest.

You can become an ordained Dudeist priest over the internet. For real. The only problem is that it requires enough brain cells to be able to print something from your computer. I'm not sure if you're up to the task. Baby steps, you know.
ronedee Wrote:Science doesn't have a good explaination for water

[Image: YAAgdMk.gif]

(September 8, 2013 at 11:34 am)CleanShavenJesus Wrote:
(September 8, 2013 at 9:11 am)enrico Wrote: I was thinking to become a Dudeist priest.

You can become an ordained Dudeist priest over the internet. For real. The only problem is that it requires enough brain cells to be able to print something from your computer. I'm not sure if you're up to the task. Baby steps, you know.

Let me try to understand.
What brain cells i need considering that Dudeism is a philosophy but there is no need to know what philosophy is.
Again Dudeism is a religion but there is no need to know what a religion is.
Again Dudeism is easy going with no goal in life so the motto is....CHE SARA' SARA' or whatever will be will be.
It is very similar to atheism in which everything is based on good luck or bad luck.
I only have a question, if i get stuck in the desert then the master Dude will come and save me or not?
I think so.
So why should i worry about it?Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plato's Epistemology: Is Faith a Valid Way to Know? vulcanlogician 10 1709 July 2, 2018 at 2:59 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Symbolic Death and My Second Crisis of Faith InquiringMind 13 3069 September 21, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: InquiringMind
  Faith and achievement bennyboy 76 9433 August 17, 2016 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Faith in Science? Mudhammam 15 3609 October 30, 2014 at 3:11 pm
Last Post: TreeSapNest
  Our society values blind optimism. MusicLovingAtheist 27 6206 October 22, 2014 at 10:38 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Is Evolution a science or a faith? Harris 295 71324 August 18, 2014 at 2:21 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  My Loss of faith has caused severe depression Aran 31 7599 June 21, 2013 at 2:41 am
Last Post: whatever76
  The difference between ethical atheism and nihlism is that ethical atheists have more faith jstrodel 104 39591 March 15, 2013 at 8:37 am
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Please stop equating 'belief' and 'faith' Ryft 3 2047 January 4, 2011 at 10:36 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Faith in Humanity Violet 21 16274 March 17, 2010 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Violet