Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 9:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mutations disprove the theory of upward evolution
RE: Mutations disprove the theory of upward evolution
(October 4, 2013 at 5:57 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Is it possible to ask a mod to close a thread when that thread serves no other purpose than the mental masturbation of a willfully ignorant sod?

I take it that you cannot refute the post.

If in a debate, the truth or facts do not support you, try anything else.
Incidentally, I ran the claims in the OP through the handy-dandy online Hovind Scale Calculator. Making sure to be extra-generous with the factors, I came out with a result of 68 Hovinds. The interpretation table gives the following:

Quote:60-89 - VenomFangTastic - not quite up in the fully Kentian levels, as there may be some slightly mitigating circumstances (youth or inexperience for example), but still a person who makes statements falling into this category can almost certainly be relied on to produce long winded and scientifically illiterate or self-contradictory arguments ex recto at a moment's notice.

The calculations include a Mendacity Factor, a rating of how honest (or not) the person making the claim is judged to be. Since this can be a subjective assessment, we can adjust the figures to remove this rating in the assumption of total, if misguided, honesty to give us the True Believer Rating. A purely honest creationist can never score higher than the maximum 20%.

SOD gets a TBR of 17.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(October 4, 2013 at 5:57 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote: Is it possible to ask a mod to close a thread when that thread serves no other purpose than the mental masturbation of a willfully ignorant sod?

Are your chewing muscles getting sore? Wink

And you can always ask, but.. This OP is afraid of us...We have seen her true face. The threads are extended gutters and the gutters are full of shit and when the drains finally scab over, all the mumbo jumbo will drown. The accumulated filth of all her ignorance and idiocy will foam up about her waist and all the members will look up and shout "Close the threads!"... and I'll look down and whisper "No." Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(October 4, 2013 at 6:00 pm)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: I take it that you cannot refute the post.

If in a debate, the truth or facts do not support you, try anything else.

Clearly you are simply here to annoy the people on this forum.

Of all the various posts I made in reply to you in which I quote scientific papers and leave the explainations for the facts that refute your claims you dont reply to a single one!

Instead you reply to the post in which as a reaction to the behavior you display (ignoring replies, refusing to read through posts) demand an end to this silly game of yours.

Clearly you dont have the arguments nore the brains to participate in a debate. As such there is no space for you in a place where people come to for the purpose of debate.

Change your behavior! Reply to people when they post counterarguments! Dont ignore the arguments that adress you!

Or get off this forum and stop wasting peoples time!
Quote:Where?

Everywhere outside of churches.
I actually don't think grace is a poe. Far to much effort put into this if you ask me. No, I think we have to come to the unfortunate conclusion that some people really are this stupid
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(October 4, 2013 at 5:53 pm)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote: So life has been produced and it is evolving.

Where?

Earth.

(October 4, 2013 at 6:34 pm)Rationalman Wrote: I actually don't think grace is a poe. Far to much effort put into this if you ask me. No, I think we have to come to the unfortunate conclusion that some people really are this stupid

It could be scripted. It doesn't take much effort to say "no, it doesn't" over and over.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
I'm just going to post a link to my earlier post, because most of you seem to have ignored it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 4, 2013 at 7:49 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I'm just going to post a link to my earlier post, because most of you seem to have ignored it.

Hey, I'd don't say much to this airhead (oh no, will he get banned, too?). Punching a pillow isn't a very fulfilling experience.
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”
- Buddha
"Anyone wanting to believe Jesus lived and walked as a real live human being must do so despite the evidence, not because of it."
- Dennis McKinsey
(October 4, 2013 at 5:53 pm)SavedByGraceThruFaith Wrote:
(October 4, 2013 at 5:37 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: Correction: the abiogenesis that you are looking for (how life initially began on this planet) has never been observed. Abiogenesis, however, has indeed been observed, even if the scale of this observation was/is limited. To say abiogenesis is wrong is to ignore the progress made towards demonstrating its actuality.

So life has been produced and it is evolving.

Where?

Strawman. Abiogenesis and evolution are two separate entities.
[Image: 10314461_875206779161622_3907189760171701548_n.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a theory about modern xtian deconversion drfuzzy 14 3152 April 29, 2016 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  You Can't Disprove a Miracle Rhondazvous 155 18509 March 18, 2016 at 11:05 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Hi, I'm a Christian. Help Me Disprove My Religion! WishfulThinking 265 66265 October 11, 2015 at 9:20 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Planet Bieber update: Justin debunks the big bang theory TubbyTubby 32 6725 October 1, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Debunking the "Dying and Rising Gods" Theory Randy Carson 55 17021 September 22, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Christians to die out by diminished gene pool theory (sub-species) TubbyTubby 20 3674 August 20, 2015 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: brewer
  DEBUNKING THE CONSPIRACY THEORY Randy Carson 230 47472 August 19, 2015 at 3:14 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Let's say the multiverse theory is true, how would a Christian insert God...? Mr. Moncrieff 21 7528 March 1, 2014 at 7:15 am
Last Post: Alex K
  The dates given by AOS for past events may actually disprove evolution entirely SavedByGraceThruFaith 216 64742 October 14, 2013 at 6:05 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Do you believe in the mythist theory ? viocjit 14 5307 June 4, 2013 at 2:51 am
Last Post: FifthElement