Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians to die out by diminished gene pool theory (sub-species)
Christians to die out by diminished gene pool theory (sub-species)
I just happened upon this question in a christian forum;

"what do i do if i find myself keep being attracted to non-Christians, and in turn attracting them? I'd really like to know how to deal with this. 
my last one was an attractive Jewish guy who i see almost every day who has some random things in common with me. I have decided recently to avoid him. but it really got me thinking about this..."

And one of the replies..

"I had a lot of difficulty with that when I was younger. I don't anymore. I know that if I were to get into a relationship with an unbeliever, we'd have nothing fundamental in common. I want someone who I can talk to about the Lord's things, someone who can understand and appreciate those things. That's become more and more important to me - I suppose, in proportion to how important the Lord is to me. Sadly, I'm still single and haven't found a believer to marry, but at least now I know what I'm looking for in a wife."

Of course, backed up by ye olde scripture..

Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" - 2 Corinthians 6:14.

So presumably, if they stay on this track, the interbreeding will eventually cause all sorts of genetic problems through lack of DNA variety. They could actually evolve into a subspecies all of their own, ironic really, being that they don't accept evolution. I would like to propose "Homo Deceptis" for their forthcoming seperation.
RE: Christians to die out by diminished gene pool theory (sub-species)
Couldn't the same be said for the fraction of atheists who do not want to be in relationships with believers?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 19, 2015 at 7:51 am)Alex K Wrote: Couldn't the same be said for the fraction of atheists who do not want to be in relationships with believers?
Fair point, could well happen. I did my bit, married a Catholic, went to her church a couple of times and then led her to the open arms of apostasy. She wasn't that devout to be fair but I gave her the gentle nudge needed.

Fundamental christians are more likely to steer clear of any other group than atheists are I would think? It was only meant as jest although maybe some groups do suffer? Mormons?
This would be a problem if one were born into Christianity. We are all born 'unbelievers.' We all have to find our own path to Christ.
Well Muhammad and I are still waiting for you to find your path to Allah, Drich
Better than them dating the non-Christian and trying to 'change' them in the process, I suppose.

Then again, most of them do that anyway, so what's stopping them here?
If only this were so with other religions...
Some of the other faiths seem to follow a strict policy of breeding like locusts.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Mao Mao, you picking on our muzzo friends again! hehe
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
The numbers involved would be in the range of <50,000. So there are plenty of believers still to avoid issue.

We are seeing genetic problems, and serious ones at that, in some of the Amish communities, however.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

And in some Jewish communities. The difference is that the Jews are smart enough to do routine genetic testing for couples.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1281 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Kenya cult deaths: Four die after suspected starvation plot zebo-the-fat 0 527 April 14, 2023 at 11:15 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7586 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Would They Die for a Lie? YahwehIsTheWay 95 12414 December 27, 2018 at 11:10 pm
  The Trinity Doctrine: Help me out, Christians GrandizerII 169 17870 February 9, 2018 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Christian Teacher writes letter to school newspaper saying "Gays deserve to die" Divinity 68 18416 May 23, 2017 at 9:01 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why do Christians become Christians? SteveII 168 30510 May 20, 2016 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  a theory about modern xtian deconversion drfuzzy 14 2870 April 29, 2016 at 1:12 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Planet Bieber update: Justin debunks the big bang theory TubbyTubby 32 6132 October 1, 2015 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Debunking the "Dying and Rising Gods" Theory Randy Carson 55 15811 September 22, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Last Post: abaris