Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 10:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discriminatory language in the terms of a christian forum.
RE: Discriminatory language in the terms of a christian forum.
(October 17, 2013 at 7:50 am)pocaracas Wrote:
(October 17, 2013 at 7:32 am)Esquilax Wrote: Or are you actually advocating for rape now, Lion?
My guess is that he equates raping to homosexualizing.
He advocates one as much as the other, that is... he doesn't.

That's my impression, too.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(October 16, 2013 at 3:19 pm)Zazzy Wrote: I have 2 male parakeets (budgies). They hump each other all day long. I've tried to tell them that god doesn't like it, it's unnatural, and it will harm society, but they just keep banging away.

But it's my fault- there used to be a red bell in the cage that they humped, but I got tired of "ding, ding, ding!" all day long, so I took the bell. Then they discovered each other.
So they had a preferred sexual practice which hurt no one, but annoyed you, and you prohibited that practice.
Thinking
(October 16, 2013 at 9:26 pm)Zazzy Wrote:
(October 16, 2013 at 9:19 pm)BadWriterSparty Wrote: I had a budgie die from humping his toy too much. True story. Sounds like getting him a partner might have been the solution to curb his untimely demise.
One of mine was seriously spending about 4-5 hours a day fucking his little red bell. His ass feathers were wearing off and he was getting thin.

Now that he fucks his cage-mate, it's down to about an hour a day and they both seem to like it, and they look just glorious. Plus it's just adorable.

Now I feel bad. I bought a male Lovebird a few years back who died within a week. He would just sit on his perch, all forelorn looking. I suspected loneliness, but I was new to bird owning. Maybe he really did need a mate, one sex or the other.

Possibly I could have saved him had I paid more attention to color? (His bells were blue.) Sad Depressing and painful.
(October 17, 2013 at 8:36 am)John V Wrote: So they had a preferred sexual practice which hurt no one, but annoyed you, and you prohibited that practice.
Thinking
Well, that bell ringing all day was annoying. And, as I said in an earlier post, it was harming one of them- he was so obsessive that he was losing weight and wearing off his feathers. Are you going to call the ASPCA on me, John, because I took the bell?
Captain Colostomy Wrote:Now I feel bad. I bought a male Lovebird a few years back who died within a week. He would just sit on his perch, all forelorn looking. I suspected loneliness, but I was new to bird owning. Maybe he really did need a mate, one sex or the other.

Possibly I could have saved him had I paid more attention to color? (His bells were blue.) Sad Depressing and painful.
Lovebirds are particularly in need of constant companionship- so they need to be very tame and spend lots of time with you, or have a partner. But if he died within a week, he was probably sick.

And for anyone interested, here's a paper that gives an overview of the studies on homosexuality. And here's one that discusses the genetic evidence in an evolutionary framework.
(October 17, 2013 at 9:19 am)Zazzy Wrote: Well, that bell ringing all day was annoying. And, as I said in an earlier post, it was harming one of them- he was so obsessive that he was losing weight and wearing off his feathers. Are you going to call the ASPCA on me, John, because I took the bell?
No, I'm going to point out that your analogy to god and human sexuality is turning on you. You didn't like their sexual practice so you banned it.
(October 17, 2013 at 9:33 am)John V Wrote: No, I'm going to point out that your analogy to god and human sexuality is turning on you. You didn't like their sexual practice so you banned it.
So you genuinely think that my taking the bell from my parakeets is equivalent to banning equality for a group of human beings? That's pretty weak, John. But you do seem to be on the side of the keets, which is a positive thing in this analogy. My parakeets can take me to the Supreme Court, or propose a bill in Congress, and fight this oppression of their sexual rights.... except- they're PARAKEETS, not human beings. I assure you, John, that I would NEVER take a sex toy away from a fellow human. My prejudice is limited to sinful (and annoying) parakeets.
(October 17, 2013 at 9:52 am)Zazzy Wrote: So you genuinely think that my taking the bell from my parakeets is equivalent to banning equality for a group of human beings? That's pretty weak, John. But you do seem to be on the side of the keets, which is a positive thing in this analogy. My parakeets can take me to the Supreme Court, or propose a bill in Congress, and fight this oppression of their sexual rights.... except- they're PARAKEETS, not human beings. I assure you, John, that I would NEVER take a sex toy away from a fellow human. My prejudice is limited to sinful (and annoying) parakeets.
You can take god to the Supreme Court... except- you're HUMAN, not a god.

IOW you're just digging your hole deeper.
(October 17, 2013 at 9:56 am)John V Wrote: You can take god to the Supreme Court... except- you're HUMAN, not a god.

The main difference between the two being that we can prove Zazzy exists. Where the fuck do you think you're going with this? Would you appreciate some other religion dictating policy on those grounds?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(October 17, 2013 at 10:00 am)Esquilax Wrote: The main difference between the two being that we can prove Zazzy exists. Where the fuck do you think you're going with this?
Just pointing out that zaz thinks similarly to the god of the Bible in this regard.
(October 17, 2013 at 10:18 am)John V Wrote: Just pointing out that zaz thinks similarly to the god of the Bible in this regard.

Or that maybe he's capable of discerning between a uniform right that all people should be able to partake once they've reached maturity- like being able to engage in a consensual sexual relationship- and a vestigial add on that one can choose to bring into things, like sex toys. If a human was using a vibrator that sounded like a jackhammer, they'd be subject to noise complaints too, because sex toys are not covered under human rights.

Gotta say, I never thought a conversation about birds would lead me down this path... Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Countries that speak a different language to the religion they are aligned with flag UniverseCaptain 25 2205 October 3, 2021 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Spongebob
  So why did the hook nose "become a thing" in discriminatory appearance? Roberto 12 3941 January 23, 2018 at 5:52 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Depressing christian forum posts purplepurpose 46 9466 November 22, 2017 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  Religion and language Norman Humann 38 5393 February 2, 2015 at 10:05 am
Last Post: JonDarbyXIII
  What's a good christian forum Lemonvariable72 25 6719 January 2, 2014 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Snidely Whiplash
  Fundies, End Times and language of the NWO lilyannerose 4 2986 December 11, 2010 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Justtristo