Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 2, 2024, 7:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
And Hells come back to haunt me
RE: And Hells come back to haunt me
(October 26, 2013 at 11:03 am)catfish Wrote: lol, why are you still trying to decide if my "interpretation is truly right or wrong"?

Because you consistently mock others for their interpretation. Anyone with an ounce of intellectual integrity would then feel the need to defend why that interpretation is wrong.

So, maybe we just figured out the problem.

(October 26, 2013 at 11:03 am)catfish Wrote: Who acts like they have the answers here?

You do.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(October 26, 2013 at 11:45 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(October 26, 2013 at 11:03 am)catfish Wrote: lol, why are you still trying to decide if my "interpretation is truly right or wrong"?

Because you consistently mock others for their interpretation. Anyone with an ounce of intellectual integrity would then feel the need to defend why that interpretation is wrong.

So, maybe we just figured out the problem.

(October 26, 2013 at 11:03 am)catfish Wrote: Who acts like they have the answers here?

You do.

Ooh, ooh....call him a 'hypocrite' now. :p

Popcorn
(October 26, 2013 at 11:45 am)Faith No More Wrote:

hmmm, maybe, but I doubt it...
The "mocking" starts when an atheist tries to tell me or anyone else how the Bible is to be interpreted. You know, like when an atheist insists that "tesla" means rib when it actually means "angular organ" based solely on English translations of the texts.
(October 26, 2013 at 11:50 am)catfish Wrote: hmmm, maybe, but I doubt it...
The "mocking" starts when an atheist tries to tell me or anyone else how the Bible is to be interpreted. You know, like when an atheist insists that "tesla" means rib when it actually means "angular organ" based solely on English translations of the texts.

As if stating that Yahweh used an 'angular organ' to create Eve instead of a rib really helps the credibility of the story.

Seriously?

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

This, right now? You are doing the exact fucking thing you said, earlier in the sentence, that you mock atheists over.

Seriously, is there a reason you consistently refuse to explain your reasoning on any point, or is it really just that you don't have any reasoning, and you're just trolling?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Look at this post. Nowhere does anyone tell you how to interpret the bible, yet you feel the need to point out that you "find it amusing" that atheists stick to a literal meaning and "it leads to good stuff."

Now, unless you can defend why your non-literal interpretation is correct, you're just trolling people and trying to stir shit up.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
With apologies to Ogden Nash-

'A one L lama is a priest.
A two L llama is a beast.
And I'll bet a silk pajama
That Catfish is a troll.'

:p
(October 26, 2013 at 12:07 pm)Faith No More Wrote:

Look at this post. Nowhere does anyone tell you how to interpret the bible, yet you feel the need to point out that you "find it amusing" that atheists stick to a literal meaning and "it leads to good stuff."

Now, unless you can defend why your non-literal interpretation is correct, you're just trolling people and trying to stir shit up.

lol, you didn't read the earlier response (2 posts above mine)?

(October 26, 2013 at 12:01 pm)Esquilax Wrote:

This, right now? You are doing the exact fucking thing you said, earlier in the sentence, that you mock atheists over.

What is that?
(October 26, 2013 at 10:20 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(October 25, 2013 at 10:50 pm)snowtracks Wrote: didn't say important. seems the U. is rational, and rational would mean it's activity would have meaning. heat death or no afterlife would certainly imply nothing eventually matters. no, yes?

The universe seems rational? How so?

Rational means its activity would have meaning? How so?

"everyone" probably has a feeling their existence should be.
Atheist Credo: A universe by chance that also just happened to admit the observer by chance.
I agree. Humans are an ego-driven species. And?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1429 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2764 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2544 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Christian Hell vs. Other Hells? TrueChristian 17 4869 January 13, 2016 at 12:59 am
Last Post: green.joel2
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 767966 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come? Rhondazvous 237 36874 September 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  'it will come back to you' Longhorn 23 5120 June 20, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Christians Come to the Waters... daver49 2 1264 March 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Christians come to atheist forums watchamadoodle 112 25035 March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  That Day will come as a trap on all the world professor 1458 189580 October 13, 2014 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie