Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 4:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women rights in Islam
RE: Women rights in Islam
(November 12, 2013 at 4:39 am)Muslim Scholar Wrote: I already proved the existence of God
and no one is able to refute the proof till now

If you are that certain of your conclusions, why haven't you published them, and spread this truth to the rest of the world? Never mind the Nobel prize you would win, never mind the wealth and the fame: why would you want to keep this knowledge confined to a single atheist forum? Why aren't you spreading it to the rest of humanity, and saving us all?

Unless you're afraid to expose your process here to the wider scrutiny of the world? Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Islam- Gave women property rights when women didn't receive in west until 1800's and that's BARELY.

West- Women dancing half naked in music videos, treated as sex objects in every form of media and even women think its ok.

That's western idea of women's rights.
(November 12, 2013 at 11:46 pm)Sleepy Wrote: Islam- Gave women property rights when women didn't receive in west until 1800's and that's BARELY.

West- Women dancing half naked in music videos, treated as sex objects in every form of media and even women think its ok.

Well shit, at least you wouldn't speak on behalf of women about what women think other women should do, right?

Confused Fall

It's funny you seem to insinuate that female emancipation is on par if not better in the Muslim world than it is, well, almost everywhere else. Tell me where all those women microbiologists are in Islamic state universities please so I can write to them and tell them how free and emancipated they are. Just a university/research institution with associated PI and publications would do.

Thanks in advance.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(November 12, 2013 at 11:46 pm)Sleepy Wrote: Islam- Gave women property rights when women didn't receive in west until 1800's and that's BARELY.

Only if you reduce the entire issue of women's rights down to how much clothing they wear. I think it might involve a little bit more than that.
Sleepy - by all means, tell us all the GRAND things your religion does. Do not forget though, in the west we don't stone women buried to the shoulders in dirt nor do we force them into ridiculous garbs because MEN are just TOO WEAK or whatever. Nor do we completely botch girls' vaginas (granted the foreskin of males in America is taken off usually, but as long as it goes "right" there is still a sensitive sexual organ remaining).
Allah made tits so that all those burqas wouldn't go to waste.

I'll be sure to tell my girlfriend, sister, and female friends, who can all get an education in any field they want without fear of retribution, how much more progressive and gender equal the Islamic world is, because of something they did a couple hundred years ago, and then apparently stopped there. Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Um no, sexism isn't saying "she has nice boobs". Sexism is deciding for women what they should wear or do. Do you lack self control to the point that if you see flesh you cant stop yourself? If so, then you are the problem. You have no fucking right to tell women what they should wear or do with bodies you don't own, PERIOD! I don't care if a naked woman walked up to you, if you touch another human being in a sexual manor without their consent YOU ARE AT FAULT!

And I could really give a shit less what the "history" of Islam has been. It is still a superstition and just as sexist. Just like most of the history of all sects of Christianity, women are not allowed to hold positions of power in holy institutions. The west has more liberal attitudes and now some sects of Christianity allow for female ministers. But that is recent.

Does Islam allow for female clerics or Imams, have they ever? Dont fucking lecture the west about sexism, you make yourself look like a fucking moron.

And trust me, I take issue with our right wing in the west because they are just as fucking sexist as your morons.

Let me add, about 7 years ago I went to a pro choice rally in DC. I was invited to attend a party and stay over night at a gay couple's apartment. They were awesome hosts, but invited a really drunk lush of a friend. He grabbed my ass. His crime was not finding me sexy or that he was gay. His crime was not asking my permission.

Idiots like you make rights and sexuality the issue when CONSENT is the issue.

(November 13, 2013 at 9:28 pm)Ryantology Wrote: Allah made tits so that all those burqas wouldn't go to waste.

What do LDS, Amish and Muslim men have in common, show a female hand or ankle and watch the monkey's masturbate.

West - "Allows" women to dance half naked in videos if they choose to do so.

Islam - Stones women for dancing half naked in videos regardless of whether or not they chose to do it.
(November 14, 2013 at 2:23 pm)LostLocke Wrote:

West - "Allows" women to dance half naked in videos if they choose to do so.

Islam - Stones women for dancing half naked in videos regardless of whether or not they chose to do it.

Well as I have indicated prior, Christianity still has it's baggage and does not get a pass either. Secular law allows women to choose to do what they want. But Christians still try to control their bodies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women-Life-Freedom Movement in Iran Leonardo17 69 6560 April 7, 2023 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2360 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  [Quranic Reflection]: The tranquillity men find in women and women find in men WinterHold 62 8439 October 22, 2020 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  [Quranic Reflection]: Women have the right to state their own rights in the marriage WinterHold 34 4914 June 30, 2020 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 8002 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Beating women in Islam WinterHold 255 40001 April 9, 2019 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Saudi cleric says women too stupid to drive zebo-the-fat 38 7111 September 30, 2017 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Mystic
  Women allowed to dive in Saudi Arabia; more talk WinterHold 2 1302 September 28, 2017 at 2:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Niqab and Muslim Women WinterHold 34 9658 August 31, 2017 at 6:59 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  Islam and Women Lebneni Murtad 48 8305 March 6, 2017 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: WinterHold