Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 28, 2024, 2:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The atheists get to poop thier pants thread
RE: The atheists get to poop thier pants thread
(May 6, 2014 at 12:50 pm)Esquilax Wrote: One does wonder just how disruptive (or outright destructive) one could get with their "invocations" or "prayers" before a line gets drawn, too.

Because, you know, my religion really has a hard on for kneeing government workers in the groin, and why would they want to trample on my first amendment rights by denying me that? Thinking

Mine involves public displays of loutish drunkenness in which worshipers offer disjointed, rambling prayers to the God of Grain and Grape for the benefit and delight of all present. It's what we call being spirit filled, and it's a sacrament of the highest order.
(May 5, 2014 at 11:45 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: At this point, I'm starting to hope Christianists get their way. It's the only way for them to learn their way is stupid. The question isn't whether atheists will shit themselves, but whether the Christians of Greece will be able to tolerate the foreseeable consequences of this ruling without shitting themselves. Looking forward to hearing how humanist and Hindu and Satanist invocations go.

This case was not about Christians getting their way. This case was about Christians keeping their way. Remember this suit was originally brought by atheists to stop a pre-existing practice.
Poor Woodie....I bet you still want blacks to ride in the back of the bus because that's how it was done in the old days!
(May 6, 2014 at 4:38 pm)Heywood Wrote: This case was not about Christians getting their way. This case was about Christians keeping their way. Remember this suit was originally brought by atheists to stop a pre-existing practice.

Yes, and for Southerners, one major driver for fighting against the North was about keeping their "way", i.e, slavery. Nothing like tradition!

Pre-existence of a practice is no argument for the validity of that practice; nothing more than the fallacy of an argument from tradition.

In the US, the standard must be is the practice constitutional or not?

Hey, if Christian jackasses want to display their delusional buffoonery in public, I'm fine with it, as long as everyone else gets equal access and time.
(May 6, 2014 at 4:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Poor Woodie....I bet you still want blacks to ride in the back of the bus because that's how it was done in the old days!

There you go again Minimalist....trying to get people to hate those who don't share your politics.

(May 5, 2014 at 11:05 am)rasetsu Wrote:
Quote:The 5-4 ruling ... was confined to the specific circumstances and offered little guidance on how other communities should offer civic prayers without violating the Constitution.

Funny, seems to me that Heywood is the one shitting his pants over a narrow ruling.

I am a little bit. I meant this to be a fun thread not one that pisses everyone off. Sorry if anyone feels they've been trolled....this wasn't my intention.

(May 6, 2014 at 4:44 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote:
(May 6, 2014 at 4:38 pm)Heywood Wrote: This case was not about Christians getting their way. This case was about Christians keeping their way. Remember this suit was originally brought by atheists to stop a pre-existing practice.

Yes, and for Southerners, one major driver for fighting against the North was about keeping their "way", i.e, slavery. Nothing like tradition!

Pre-existence of a practice is no argument for the validity of that practice; nothing more than the fallacy of an argument from tradition.

In the US, the standard must be is the practice constitutional or not?

Hey, if Christian jackasses want to display their delusional buffoonery in public, I'm fine with it, as long as everyone else gets equal access and time.

I never claimed atheists were wrong to challenge the practice.

I claimed the notion that Christians are "trying to get their way" is misleading because it suggests that Christians were fighting to be able to do something they previously couldn't. This was an instance of atheists trying to get their way. This was an instance of atheists trying to get Christians to stop doing something they've been doing for years and years.
(May 5, 2014 at 10:58 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: Awesome! As a devotee of Sithis, I look forward to my local city council invoking the Black Sacrament.

Sweet mother,sweet mother,send your child unto me for sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear.
ALL PRAISE THE ONE TRUE GOD ZALGO

(May 5, 2014 at 10:47 am)Heywood Wrote: Supreme Court Justices decide to allow public prayer at certain government functions

Let the pooping begin.

No, no, no, I only poop my pants when someone can't spell the word their correctly. It's a four letter word.

This is completely unconstitutional, but my silence can be bought. For the right price, I won't have a tizzy fit Wink Shades
The only one "pooping" shitting his pants is the theist with diahorrea
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
*shrug* If you don't wish to pray in public, then don't.

That being said, if an invocation or a benediction or whatever is occurring that isn't part of your faith, I see no reason to sit quietly and respectfully. Here are some fun things to do while others at a government function are praying:

*While playing GTA5 on your mobile device, cheer and shout, 'Got you muthafukka!!'

*Loudly and clearly sing songs about goblins.

*Hum something. Anything.

*Practice your clog-dancing.

*In your carries-to-the-back-of-the-hall voice, repeat words of the benediction a split second after the speaker says them.

*Bring a crossword puzzle. Find a person seated near you with their head bowed reverentially and ask them, 'What's a 9-letter word for urinary catheter?'

Remember, YOU didn't ask for this prayer - it's nothing to do with you (you just showed up to voice your opinion on the proposed tax for the new reservoir or something), so I see no reason to interrupt your business while your neighbours pray their empty little heads off.

I've though of some others, but I have to go change me trousies.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
It's starting already...

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/05/09/fl...ic-prayer/
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2260 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheists and Feminists at Yale also tried to get Ayaan Hirsi Ali banned from speaking TheMessiah 18 3305 March 31, 2015 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  What atheists get up to Jacob(smooth) 15 2793 January 21, 2014 at 6:35 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Where do atheists get their morality from? Atom 463 252698 September 17, 2012 at 8:41 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  Why do atheists get singled out like this? Fred 71 15886 September 20, 2011 at 3:26 am
Last Post: fr0d0