Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheists and Feminists at Yale also tried to get Ayaan Hirsi Ali banned from speaking
Atheists and Feminists at Yale also tried to get Ayaan Hirsi Ali banned from speaking
https://whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com...hirsi-ali/

Ugh, just came across this today. Absolutely disgusting.

Ayaan Hirsi Ali (who did end up speaking at Yale) faced an attempt to stop her speaking (from 37 University unions!!!!) - obviously, it started with Muslims. But look who else joined in? 
  • The Women’s Center
  • Women’s Leadership Initative

• Yale Atheists, Humanists, and Agnostics

This is ridiculous, and embarrassing. Ayaan Hirsi Ali, one of the bravest and most insightful true Feminists of the 21st Century who has unique insight into Islam and is a tremendous scholar was not opposed by women's groups (which baffles me, because she is preceisely pinpoints the patriarchal and misogynistic nature of Islam) but the Yale Atheist organisation?

Atheism, to me has always encouraged free debate and freedom to offend other religions (thus, many Atheists are anti-politically correctness, as PC protects religion). I just find it embarrassing how not only a women's organisation tried to get this woman fromnot speaking, but an Atheist organisation from one of the most prestigious universities.

Many Atheist scholars, from Harris to Hitchens have detailed how barbaric and evil Islam is; but Hirsi IMO is more precise in specific regards to Islam.

Thoughts? 
RE: Atheists and Feminists at Yale also tried to get Ayaan Hirsi Ali banned from speaking
I can understand Muslim groups and, to a lesser extent, other religious groups having a problem with this brave woman, but feminist and atheist/agnostics groups I would expect to welcome her.

I guess they're more fearful of the backlash from Muslim groups than they are for standing up for their own ideals.

Sad and pathetic.
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Atheists and Feminists at Yale also tried to get Ayaan Hirsi Ali banned from speaking
Maybe it was a knee jerk reaction by the super liberals because she was (is?) employed by this slightly neocon think tank, which left a bad taste in some people's mouth.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

This is an old story. Yes they did try, but she still spoke. And the objectors are too fucking stupid to understand she is totally for women's rights.
I agree. WTF were they thinking?
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(March 31, 2015 at 5:50 pm)Brian37 Wrote: This is an old story. Yes they did try, but she still spoke. And the objectors are too fucking stupid to understand she is totally for women's rights.

I'm aware it's old, the first protest at another Uni succeeded in getting her award rescinded, but this Yale thing just baffled me. Yale is one of the most academic universities in all of America, and to see the Atheists of Yale in addition to the Feminists try to get her banned really leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

This woman is incredibly brave --- not only with her upbringing but that movie fiasco which happened a few years ago (ended with the director getting killed). Her arguments of how Islam oppresses women and liberty are incredibly insightful, I just find that petition to get her banned fucking stupid as it is, but to see other Atheists and Feminists joins in, ugh............
Whenever someone or something attempts to stop someone from speaking out an opinion I usually assume it's because it's a hard truth. Maybe this isn't true for everything (example - Holocaust denial laws) but for many things it is (I.e. I can't criticize the religion of peace because the government knows it isn't peaceful)
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(March 31, 2015 at 5:50 pm)Brian37 Wrote: This is an old story. Yes they did try, but she still spoke. And the objectors are too fucking stupid to understand she is totally for women's rights.

That's because most of the radical feminists who pull this kind of crap aren't for women's rights, they're just ardent man haters.
There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide mankind that cannot be achieved as well or better through secular means.
Bitch at my blog! Follow me on Twitter! Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
(March 31, 2015 at 6:38 pm)Cephus Wrote:

That's because most of the radical feminists who pull this kind of crap aren't for women's rights, they're just ardent man haters.

So far I haven't seen many of these mythical man hating radical feminists. I see stupid a pc overreaction 
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I love Ayaan Hirsi Ali but when she goes on Sean Hannity's show to promote her work or says that Netanyahu deserves a Noble Peace Prize, she kind of justifies the picture the PC left paints of her.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ayaan Hirsi Ali now claims to be Christian. Brian37 26 1680 November 17, 2023 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Church of the atheists and prayer and supplication Eclectic 23 1931 September 19, 2022 at 2:34 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Abortion: 10 years as an atheist and I still don't get it Nihilist Virus 330 31058 March 5, 2020 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Miracles and their place, and Atheists. Mystic 35 4479 October 4, 2018 at 3:53 am
Last Post: robvalue
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2206 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why so many "anti-feminists" in the atheist community? ketameankitty 887 161321 December 4, 2015 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  greek atheist pm banned shadowchrist 10 2526 September 1, 2015 at 7:19 pm
Last Post: abaris
  How many Atheist are also vote Republican from time to time? MattB 52 9760 July 18, 2015 at 12:43 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Ended up having to get fit and then your reggiechasteen 1 957 May 8, 2015 at 9:02 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Ayaan's recent Yale speech...cant find it. Brian37 7 2382 September 19, 2014 at 7:51 am
Last Post: Brian37