Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 20, 2024, 11:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So far...
RE: So far...
I take offense at you referring to someone as a female as if that were some sort of insult.

Why can't we just talk about the OP
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(June 15, 2014 at 7:44 am)Losty Wrote: I take offense at you referring to someone as a female as if that were some sort of insult.

He needs to stop acting like a bitch. Sorry.
8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
(June 15, 2014 at 7:31 am)BlackMason Wrote: Perhaps you shouldn't be so biased with my posting history. Take a deeper look.

Let me propose a few ways to go forward. Either you can pull off that skirt you're wearing and be a big boy so we can be civil toward each other, or you could make use of your ignore list. I'm not the one with the problem here. I'm not the one going out my way to piss the other guy off everywhere I go. So what's it gonna be?

Great, you're capable of being thoughtful. Wonderful. I never said that wasn't the case. My experience with every "BlackMason" post I've seen is that you're being a smug, intractable jackass to someone. That being said I'm not going around looking for your posts, and I certainly don't follow you around heckling all the while. Two instances a paradigm does not make.

If you're looking for the typical pattern; I'm civil to mostly everyone on the forum, save our resident gaggle of dickbags; which includes fundies, trolls, and all assholes alike. I treat most threads as clean slates, save for instances where it calls for outside referral. So if I'm being hostile, or poking a jab, to/at anyone on the forum it's because they've either damn well earned it or they're being particularly stupid at that moment in time.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(June 15, 2014 at 7:51 am)Starvald Demelain Wrote: Two instances a paradigm does not make.
Master Yoda has forgotten to take his own advice. I say this because there are a couple threads where I got my battle gear on and you've seen those and formed a paradigm on that.

(June 15, 2014 at 7:51 am)Starvald Demelain Wrote: If you're looking for the typical pattern; I'm civil to mostly everyone on the forum, save our resident gaggle of dickbags; which includes fundies, trolls, and all assholes alike. I treat most threads as clean slates, save for instances where it calls for outside referral. So if I'm being hostile, or poking a jab, to/at anyone on the forum it's because they've either damn well earned it or they're being particularly stupid at that moment in time.

This is a contradiction because your passive aggressive post in my date thread suggests otherwise. Look man whatever. I'm good if you're good.
8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
(June 15, 2014 at 8:08 am)BlackMason Wrote: Master Yoda has forgotten to take his own advice. I say this because there are a couple threads where I got my battle gear on and you've seen those and formed a paradigm on that.

Seeing as I haven't really given your posts my attention, fair is fair, I can grant that.

(June 15, 2014 at 8:08 am)BlackMason Wrote: This is a contradiction because your passive aggressive post in my date thread suggests otherwise.

Eh, you kinda earned that one mate. You were laying it on a little too thick there, but let's just let that go.

(June 15, 2014 at 8:08 am)BlackMason Wrote: Look man whatever. I'm good if you're good.

Fine by me, I took a potshot at your post and you came out both guns blazing, we're both at fault. Forum shit happens.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(June 15, 2014 at 7:44 am)Losty Wrote: I take offense at you referring to someone as a female as if that were some sort of insult.

Hey, don't mind me! I'm enjoying the show Popcorn. Any minute now they're going to reach the the "yo mama" stage of the Flame war Flame WarJerry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyYaPWasos
Quote:He needs to stop acting like a bitch. Sorry.

And you smell of damp rabbitsRolleyes

Quote:Fine by me, I took a potshot at your post and you came out both guns blazing, we're both at fault. Forum shit happens.

Don't you dare start with that "we're both at fault" shit Angry. Next thing you know you two will start bonding and hugging and realizing it was all just a misunderstanding. And where's the fun in that?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken."
Sith code
(June 15, 2014 at 7:37 am)Losty Wrote: Guys. I'm trying to enjoy this thread. Go to the boxing ring or something. Do we have a boxing ring here? I don't know. I'm sure there's a nice place where you can take this fight.

The R'lyeh. You could ask a mod to split it and move it over there I guess. Would be more fitting if it's just an argument now. I can be bothered to read it myself.
Black Mason Wrote:
(June 14, 2014 at 6:07 pm)Luckie Wrote: N-- no advantage to experiencing reality? *shakes head

Everybody experiences reality unless they're in a coma or have mental problems.

Not true. If I think I can fly because my ACME book says I can, and I live my physical life thinking I can fly by myself-- that's not experiencing reality, is it?

How do we know what's reality? Well, I know that thanks to physics, biology, mathematics, and aeronautics (confirmable evidence) that the human body can't fly.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
(June 10, 2014 at 9:12 am)Jacob(smooth) Wrote: Atheism sucks big hairy balls. Sorry, but it does. Personal view only you understand.

Been a few months now and so far I got zero payoff. Squat. Diddly. I preferred my comfortable lie to this ugly truth, but having unplugged, I now can't plug myself back in or unthink what I thought.

I can't even have fun debating with christians because I would not want them to lose what I lost!

I think I'm going through the kuber Ross model for Yahweh and I'm stuck on anger.

That was my feeling for a while. Fortunately, I no longer feel loss but tremendous gain. Just curious, what sucks about it? Now you're capable of studying religion, and a large part of human activity, from a secular--that is, scientific-- standpoint, and perhaps understand it better; what drives belief, what drives THESE beliefs, how can people free themselves of the unnecessary burden that is Christianity, etc. Sure, there's no "payoff" comparable to the lies religion fills empty heads with. There's nothing particularly rewarding about embracing reality as the shit hole that it largely is, except that now you can be part of the solution in discouraging one of its most virulent aspects. You can be one of the people leaving a better place for humanity than you found it, in part because you see what a strong delusion currently captures and distracts the average Joe's attention, and perhaps break that spell for the poor saps it rules over.
(June 16, 2014 at 6:27 pm)Luckie Wrote: the human body can't fly.
Unless Dog has his back Thinking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqZUoZpRv3A

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2351 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Are the far right Christians here in the U.S. just upset they're losing power GoHalos1993 52 8574 June 9, 2016 at 3:42 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Some theists are just to far gone dyresand 36 8206 June 7, 2015 at 11:35 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Rad, ladies... far out. Mudhammam 4 1202 February 11, 2015 at 12:51 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Pleasure is far superior to mere intelligence Mozart Link 15 3242 August 1, 2014 at 3:39 am
Last Post: Violet
  Faith - Can it Go Too Far? diffidus 18 4074 June 20, 2011 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: MilesTailsPrower