Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 12, 2024, 3:51 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism Kills Off the Ambition of the Lower Classes and Makes them Anti-Social
RE: Atheism Kills Off the Ambition of the Lower Classes and Makes them Anti-Social
(September 26, 2012 at 1:08 am)Blackrook Wrote:
(September 26, 2012 at 1:03 am)Minimalist Wrote: Actually, the "lower classes" tend to be the most religious and the lowest of the low are child-molesting catholic perverts.
LOL, I'm supposed to just take this kind of crap and not respond in kind? I would like to remind you that this is the guy who started it and if you want to stop it, tell him to STFU.

That is called truth. Have you ever heard of it?
[Image: Mv4GC.png]
The true beauty of a self-inquiring sentient universe is lost on those who elect to walk the intellectually vacuous path of comfortable paranoid fantasies.
RE: Atheism Kills Off the Ambition of the Lower Classes and Makes them Anti-Social
(September 25, 2012 at 10:49 pm)Blackrook Wrote: I believe much of the problems of the modern world is caused by atheism in the lower classes.

Not sure about the rest of the world, but in the US, theism is higher among the lower classes.

Quote:A person who believes in atheism is less motivated in life, less likely to start a family, less likely to try hard in his career, less likely to do what it takes to support a family and be a positive contribution to his community.

There is no such thing as 'belief in atheism'.

Quote:Also, atheism is a major contributor to such social issues as domestic abuse, child abuse, alcoholism, drug abuse, and crimes of moral turpitude.

Sources.

Quote:Atheist marriages are less stable and more likely to break up when Christians, especially Catholics, will stick things through and make it work.

Not true. The 1999 Barna study showed atheist marriages last longer than Christian marriages.

Quote:Atheism actually has no positive effect on society, and for that reason should be discouraged.

The most atheistic countries in the world (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark) have; lower violent crime rates, better health care, lower infant mortality, better chances for upward mobility, lower dropout rates, than the most theist countries.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(September 26, 2012 at 12:01 am)Blackrook Wrote: The only reason you guys notice my alleged rudeness is because you disagree with what I'm saying it.

If I was an atheist, I would fit right in.

These damn atheists disagree with me quite often and yet the only time there has been even a hint of rudeness or anger is when a theist gets involved.

I argue no free-will, certain absolutes, true infinities and 1 is not equal to 0.999... and there are those (perhaps most) that disagree with my stance as aggressively as any bible-thumping, knee-bruised, bead-counter debating the existence of their invisible sky-daddy. They ask for proof and sources. They comment on wording, stances, opinions, grammar, structure, chronology or any error, whether real or perceived and yet, still no animosity.

There is a high tendency to reflect the emotions of the adversary (which you are) so MAKE NICE and see what happens. After all, you are a guest in our house.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(September 25, 2012 at 10:59 pm)System of Solace Wrote: For fuck's sake, Blackrook. You're either a complete and utter moron or you're a troll.

I'm guessing troll but the other side can certainly make a good case too.
If I have to post this link one more time for one more idiot christian who thinks being christian makes him morally superior to atheists I am going to...probably go and...smoke a bowl, really.

Wikipedia: Atheist association with world views and social behaviors

Quote:Sociologist Phil Zuckerman analyzed previous social science research on secularity and non-belief, and concluded that societal well-being is positively correlated with irreligion. His findings relating specifically to atheism include:

Compared to religious people, "atheists and secular people" are less nationalistic, prejudiced, antisemitic, racist, dogmatic, ethnocentric, close-minded, and authoritarian.
In the US, in states with the highest percentages of atheists, the murder rate is lower than average. In the most religious US states, the murder rate is higher than average.

Oh also, some info you might want to read up on.

Catholic criticism of atheism.
I'll quote cuz I know you'll never read it otherwise.
Quote:[...] The imputability of this offense can be significantly diminished in virtue of the intentions and the circumstances. "Believers can have more than a little to do with the rise of atheism. To the extent that they are careless about their instruction in the faith, or present its teaching falsely, or even fail in their religious, moral, or social life, they must be said to conceal rather than to reveal the true nature of God and of religion.

Which is something you should keep in mind the next time you blatantly insult and generalize everyone here.
I'll have some of what He's drinking!
(September 25, 2012 at 10:49 pm)Blackrook Wrote: I believe much of the problems of the modern world is caused by atheism in the lower classes.

A person who believes in atheism is less motivated in life, less likely to start a family, less likely to try hard in his career, less likely to do what it takes to support a family and be a positive contribution to his community.

Also, atheism is a major contributor to such social issues as domestic abuse, child abuse, alcoholism, drug abuse, and crimes of moral turpitude.

Atheist marriages are less stable and more likely to break up when Christians, especially Catholics, will stick things through and make it work.

Atheism actually has no positive effect on society, and for that reason should be discouraged.

Bet you've got brown eyes. Shit brown to be exact!

(September 25, 2012 at 10:59 pm)System of Solace Wrote: For fuck's sake, Blackrook. You're either a complete and utter moron or you're a troll.

What precludes both?

-----------------------------------------------

Oh, for fuck's sake! I hate getting fooled into a necro thread!
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
[Image: 2a917413f3a826c5a1b1cff.jpg]
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Sure religion has a super positive effect. Several studies link religion with less intelligence, and b sides that intelligent people tend to be less happy because they are aware of how stupid and awful the world is. The only positive connection that exists with religion is related to health effects, but the connection atheism and criminality, education, quality of life, intelligence and general violence favors it. You should check out your sources.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

A person who believes in atheism is less motivated in life, less likely to start a family, less likely to try hard in his career, less likely to do what it takes to support a family and be a positive contribution to his community.

Also, atheism is a major contributor to such social issues as domestic abuse, child abuse, alcoholism, drug abuse, and crimes of moral turpitude.

Atheist marriages are less stable and more likely to break up when Christians, especially Catholics, will stick things through and make it work.

Atheism actually has no positive effect on society, and for that reason should be discouraged.

I think what you're trying to say is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jQy_ppY2bI
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you learned that the god of [insert religion] is real, would all bets be off? Sicnoo0 58 4777 February 25, 2024 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  History: The Iniquitous Anti-Christian French Revolution. Nishant Xavier 27 2351 August 6, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Sexual Abuse in Social Context: Clergy and other (Secular) Professionals. Nishant Xavier 61 4124 July 16, 2023 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Christian and Atheism Worldwide Demographics: Current Realities and Future Trends. Nishant Xavier 55 2923 July 9, 2023 at 6:07 am
Last Post: no one
  I'm no longer an anti-theist Duty 27 2120 September 16, 2022 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  What makes people irrational thinkers? SlowCalculations 228 19401 January 15, 2022 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  We atheists now have our own social network rado84 16 1868 August 12, 2021 at 7:51 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
Information [Serious] How many reasonable solutions are there to any particular social issue? Prof.Lunaphiles 69 7608 April 11, 2020 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It makes me sad Rahn127 7 1729 April 24, 2019 at 10:55 am
Last Post: LostLocke
  Angry Atheists and Anti-Theists Agnostico 186 19466 December 31, 2018 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X