Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 30, 2024, 5:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism is the path to misery.
RE: Atheism is the path to misery.
But they can make for such sweet chew toys. Big Grin
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(August 20, 2014 at 11:18 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(August 20, 2014 at 11:17 pm)ignoramus Wrote: Everyone, please leave the guy alone.
Reality isn't for everyone...

Agreed.

I shouldn't respond to trolls.
Oh…. too bad.
I wanted to keep mocking the nut job.
[Image: dying-onion-head-emoticon.gif]
(August 20, 2014 at 11:21 pm)GalacticBusDriver Wrote: But they can make for such sweet chew toys. Big Grin

Yes, but too many sweets can make you sick.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 20, 2014 at 10:52 pm)PhiloTech Wrote:
(August 20, 2014 at 10:50 pm)greekGod Wrote: .

Why the hell are you mixing Mesopotamian deities into Christian/Judaic mythos?
Must be some new age stuff

...Meow

Because all religions stem from the same source Sumeria. Greek gods, Egyptian gods, Christianity, Jew, islam can all be traced to the ancient gods.
The Sumerians spoke of legendary gods that Atlantians and ancient civiliziation believed in before the ice-age. Eventually all religions lead back to 'intelligent design', the question is did the gods plant the belief of gods? If a person is born atheist, then who was the first to create religion?
(August 20, 2014 at 11:35 pm)greekGod Wrote:
(August 20, 2014 at 10:52 pm)PhiloTech Wrote: Why the hell are you mixing Mesopotamian deities into Christian/Judaic mythos?
Must be some new age stuff

...Meow

Because all religions stem from the same source Sumeria. Greek gods, Egyptian gods, Christianity, Jew, islam can all be traced to the ancient gods.
The Sumerians spoke of legendary gods that Atlantians and ancient civiliziation before the ice-age. Eventually all religions lead back to 'intelligent design'

Nonsense.

That may be true, partially, of Western religions but it does not hold true for the Eastern religions, many of which developed independently of Western influence - particularly Chinese.

Then we have the 40,000 year old beliefs of the Australian Aborigines.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(August 20, 2014 at 11:38 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(August 20, 2014 at 11:35 pm)greekGod Wrote: Because all religions stem from the same source Sumeria. Greek gods, Egyptian gods, Christianity, Jew, islam can all be traced to the ancient gods.
The Sumerians spoke of legendary gods that Atlantians and ancient civiliziation before the ice-age. Eventually all religions lead back to 'intelligent design'

Nonsense.

That may be true, partially, of Western religions but it does not hold true for the Eastern religions, many of which developed independently of Western influence - particularly Chinese.

And I'm fairly sure they all believe in some form of 'intelligent design' (either seeded by someone or a god).

But none of them believe in DARWINISM - which is a hoax!
(August 20, 2014 at 11:43 pm)greekGod Wrote:
(August 20, 2014 at 11:38 pm)Beccs Wrote: Nonsense.

And I'm fairly sure they all believe in some form of 'intelligent design' (either seeded by someone or a god).

But none of them believe in DARWINISM - which is a hoax!

So, you can't answer my statement to your previous claim so you make a broad statement and make another idiotic claim.

There's no such SCIENCE as "Darwinism".

You want to try any more fails?

(August 20, 2014 at 11:35 pm)greekGod Wrote: If a person is born atheist, then who was the first to create religion?

The first con man who realised how to get others to work for his living. And you fell for it.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(August 20, 2014 at 11:50 pm)Stimbo Wrote:
(August 20, 2014 at 11:35 pm)greekGod Wrote: If a person is born atheist, then who was the first to create religion?

The first con man who realised how to get others to work for his living. And you fell for it.

Someone who didn't know what caused lightning, storms, weather etc, or other natural processes and then had to create a deity to explain what they don't understand.

Something theists are still doing today. Primitive minds don't change.

I've changed my mind. I don't want to ban this guy. He obviously has nothing better to do than to troll us. Eventually, his mom will make him leave the basement and go outside to play.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 29163 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 13385 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12653 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10813 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Atheism and Misery Mudhammam 4 1652 January 21, 2014 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: Polaris
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12441 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 39630 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Atheism: The True Path? dagda 91 45748 June 25, 2009 at 5:05 pm
Last Post: Kyuuketsuki