Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism: The True Path?
Atheism: The True Path?
This is a little game. Not to be taken too seriously (or too lightly). Convince me atheism is the right path to go down. Just to keep things fresh don't use the classic 'there is no evidence hence such and such does not exist'. Perhaps a little unfair, but if you don't like it, don't post. Anyway, I figure that one of you must have another good argument hidden under your hat.
RE: Atheism: The True Path?
There is no frame of reference in quantum physics for "God."
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
(June 14, 2009 at 1:45 pm)dagda Wrote: This is a little game. Not to be taken too seriously (or too lightly). Convince me atheism is the right path to go down. Just to keep things fresh don't use the classic 'there is no evidence hence such and such does not exist'. Perhaps a little unfair, but if you don't like it, don't post. Anyway, I figure that one of you must have another good argument hidden under your hat.

To convince you atheism is the right path atheism would have to be a philosophy and it isn't so no can do ... you could learn some science and then you might realise your god is bollocks and then you'd be an atheist but becoming one isn't something anyone can directly convince you to be.

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
Truth? It's all a matter of perspective, and no matter what, you're going to have to state your own truth, or you could take the easy way--like 90% of humanity--and go by someone else's rules.
Hate to kill the game but, I think The Dick said it well with this poem. Just a short three minutes so I'll let you decide what you think of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCUYiflkXHc
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
Well Dagda, you've gotten rid of the reason I think atheism is 'the right path' right away.

The reason why I believe it's 'right' is indeed because it's the truth - or rather because the alternative - belief in "God(s)", is a falsehood.

The fact there's no evidence for God is why there's no rational reason to believe in God and why Atheism is 'the right path'.

Atheism isn't about consolation - it's about not believing in nonsense.

I embrace the truth - that's what's good about atheism for me. And I've said why I think it's true. Sorry if that's not good enough for you - but it's, in fact, precisely the reason why I think atheism is 'the right path'. So if you don't like that answer then I genuinely don't have one. Sorry - I don't know what else you expect - If there was--somehow--evidence for God I couldn't help but believe in him if I knew of the evidence!!

EvF
If you REALLY want to talk about the right path I'd say atheisim isn't the right thing to go with. Since it only describes something I lack, faith.

If I was to get preachy at you it's more likely I'd be preaching secular humanisim.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
Quote:Convince me atheism is the right path to go down

Atheism is not "A path" or"THE path" it's merely a disbelief in god(s). Nor is atheism a point of view or an ideology.

I REALLY don't care what you believe,or what you think. I only know you as an apparently gullible and naive persona on an internet forum.
I rather like to think that atheism is the only logical position. All religions or beliefs in the supernatural make claims which you have to take more or less on faith. However, all these doctrines/scriptures whatever cannot be right. Only one can. But they're all the same mumbo jumbo about higher forces which are completely invisible and insubstantiated, so we don't really have a lot to go on as to how to choose which is probably right. Atheism, on the other hand, makes no claims and demands no worship etc. The only thing one needs to be an atheist is skepticism (and often, it's true, some kind of education).
[Image: Canadatheist3copy.jpg?t=1270015625]
Well that wasn't much fun. Way to enter into the spirit of the game! I was even insulted by Padraic at one point. Although it did highlight that atheism is a counter-culture. Atheism can not stand up on its own two feet. Kyu, I am sorry but atheism is a philosophy, it just isn't much of one. To be more exact, atheism is philosophies. Atheism is an umbrella term for dozens of different types of beliefs. These range from the very simple 'No God' style to the secular humanist to the Dawkinist. There are even certain brands of Buddhism which could be classed as Atheist philosophy. Pick one and try and defend it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If the Bible is false, why are its prophecies coming true? pgardner2358 3 1641 June 9, 2018 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27123 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  True Christian (TM) Answers Your Questions YahwehIsTheWay 43 8884 April 11, 2017 at 2:55 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Muslims are using this NASA video as proof that islam is true and that allah exists LetThereBeNoGod 10 3963 February 16, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: LetThereBeNoGod
Wink 100% proof why atheism is True!!! Edward John 89 11957 November 10, 2016 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  If christianity were true [hypothetical] dyresand 27 3845 June 17, 2016 at 4:22 am
Last Post: Alex K
  True Origins of Man - Ascent to Dominance much more complicated than the bible's tale bussta33 1 1173 December 20, 2015 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Two Undeniable Truths Why Theism is True and Atheism and Agnosticism are Not True HiYou 49 12261 July 21, 2015 at 6:59 am
Last Post: KUSA
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12477 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12152 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite