Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 9, 2024, 2:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Day will come as a trap on all the world
RE: That Day will come as a trap on all the world
I find it distinctly creepy as shit that prof is so gleefully looking forward to the apocalypse. What a swell guy.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
That Day will come as a trap on all the world
Hey prof, I've got another question. Forgive me if I misrepresent you, I'm on my phone and reading back to find the correct quotes would take a lot of time.

The thing is: I think I remember you posting that punishment for unbelievers is okay because we have free will correct?

But you also said that god intervened on your behalf to get the band away, and that he did that by making employers turn the bandmembers down whenever they applied for a job.

So... Did these employers have free will at that point?

Hope you see this before you depart. But I understand saying goodbye to your loved ones is more important than posting here.

I'm also curious about how that would go, I mean saying goodbye. Are you having a party?
(September 24, 2014 at 11:53 am)professor Wrote: Things look perfectly lined-up though.

No doubt, Prof, no doubt. I'll miss you most of all, Scarecrow. (See if the great and mighty Oz can do something about that brain issue.)

Before you meet Jesus in the clouds, allow me to give you a proper send-off:

Angry MobJesus StoningAngry MobAngry Mob4 Horsemen

I know how much you Christians enjoy your imaginary persecution. Angel Cloud
(September 24, 2014 at 11:53 am)professor Wrote: All life doesn't end at the Rapture. I keep telling you guys that.
Besides, he has to make room in his garage.

ROFLOL

I like how as calendar creeps ever closer to the date the world is prophesized to end, the verifiable implications prophesized for the end of the world creeps ever closer to nothing.

I imagine on Sept 26, professor will claim his prophecy of the end of the world was fulfilled, but end of the world doesn't mean anything has changed from before the world ended.

I suppose if the neolithic people of the world could go about their days in the world totally oblivious to the fact that neither they, nor their world, exists because god has created them yet, we could go about our days in the world after September 25 totally oblivious to the fact that neither we, nor the world, still exists because god has ended them.

ROFLOL
I wonder what professor will say on the Sept 26th. He wasn't holy enough? Or will he say nothing due to his illusions being trampled by reality? The anticipation is killing me.
(September 24, 2014 at 12:38 pm)Surgenator Wrote: I wonder what professor will say on the Sept 26th.
That thing turned out exactly as he predicted.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Christian fundies are starting to annoy me, I thought only Muslims can be like this
(September 24, 2014 at 12:49 pm)DramaQueen Wrote: Christian fundies are starting to annoy me, I thought only Muslims can be like this

Hah. Good one.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(September 24, 2014 at 12:49 pm)DramaQueen Wrote: Christian fundies are starting to annoy me, I thought only Muslims can be like this

Same shit, just a little different smell Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where does the belief that seeds die before they turn into a living plant come from? FlatAssembler 17 1436 August 3, 2023 at 10:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink vorlon13 11 2768 August 1, 2017 at 12:25 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Chris Brown should be come a Christian Tarasoft11 15 2544 September 7, 2016 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Where did the universe come from? Atheistic origin science has no answer. SavedByGraceThruFaith 2761 770735 September 6, 2015 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  How Long Will Christians Wait for the End Time to Come? Rhondazvous 237 36921 September 3, 2015 at 3:52 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  "The Lord has redeemed all of us, all of us..." should we be grateful? Whateverist 325 69895 July 21, 2015 at 3:02 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  'it will come back to you' Longhorn 23 5123 June 20, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Christians Come to the Waters... daver49 2 1264 March 20, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Christians come to atheist forums watchamadoodle 112 25091 March 17, 2015 at 3:32 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  And Hells come back to haunt me themonkeyman 515 227021 April 15, 2014 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: snowtracks