Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 28, 2024, 2:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism is unreasonable
RE: Atheism is unreasonable
As this fucker here-

The ironically named (and I love that it both looks like and is named after-lol)African Hunting Dog, Wild Dog, Painted Dog....isn't actually a dog at all. Different genus. Foxes, as Esqui asked..also not dogs.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm)His_Majesty Wrote:
(November 16, 2014 at 8:23 pm)pocaracas Wrote: dogs and hamsters are different species.

They are different kinds of animals, too.

Dogs and coyotes are different species.

(November 17, 2014 at 6:34 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: If omnipresent means "infinite", then yeah, God is infinite in that sense...thats not how I would put it, but hey, do yo thang.

Infinite means limitless. By definition an infinite god is everywhere; that god has no limits.

You claim that no one can hide from a god that is omnipresent; clearly you're envisioning a god that is everywhere.

And just as clearly, you're trying to dissemble.

[Image: 353b1hy.jpg]

(November 17, 2014 at 7:27 pm)pocaracas Wrote: Oh boy....
You're just the gift that keeps on giving! Worship

(November 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: When you find a fossil, why are you determining anything other than "this once living thing has now died". Why are you bringing extra stuff in to it??

See, evolutionists already presuppose evolution, so when they find a fossil, they let their presupposition interpret the finding.
I see you're unaware of what the "extra stuff" is...
Dilemma.... should I tell you about all the research done on the surrounding area where the fossils are found? Or should I leave you ignorant?
What do you think?

(November 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Nope.
Why am I not surprised?...
Are you not curious to go to a natural history museum?

(November 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: They are different kinds of animals, too.

If you aren't African American, then we are different varieities of the same "kind"..mankind.
Oh.... ohh..... oh, boy....
It's "varieties", now?

What if I'm...oh, you're going to like this Tongue

You want to define "variety", after you define "kind"?
There's this awesome way to classify living organisms that biologists came up with a few years ago and it relies on something called "species".
Even so, the concept of species is a bit fuzzy and you can never ever find an element of a given species giving birth to an element of a different species.
But the offspring of the offspring of the offspring... (a few thousands of generations)... of the offspring of an element will be a different species.
You've been told this several times now. I don't expect you to acknowledge it this time, but... it's one more.

(November 17, 2014 at 6:30 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Knock it off.

LOL
I was on a roll! what can I say? Tongue

Dude, that post rocks.

No, really, it kicks ass.

(November 17, 2014 at 7:57 pm)Rhythm Wrote: That's "kind" of backwards. But meh, not too big of a deal, if you choose to associate the entire genus with the member with which you are most familiar, fine. I've already asked somebody this question today, but I guess it's fitting. Is a fox a "kind" of dog, in your estimation? How about an african wild dog?

How about a jackal? A hyena?

Where is the line drawn, and what is the criterion?

(November 2, 2014 at 1:16 pm)His_Majesty Wrote: Lets take away all of the fluff and feathers for a minute. Let's take away all of the technical babble, all of the rhetoric for just a second.

I can't speak for every religion, but I am a Christian theist. Now what does that imply? Well, that would mean that I believe Jesus Christ died on the cross for the sins of mankind, and that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

That is basically my belief in a nut shell. Now, if you are an atheist, you may find my beliefs laughable, sickening, stupid, etc....which is fine, Christianity isn't for everyone because after all, Jesus said "But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it." (Matt 7:14).

But as an atheist, here is what you have to believe...you have to believe that billions of years ago before humanity, dead matter was floating around in space...and for whatever reason, suddenly, this dead matter "came to life". Not only did it come to life, but it came to life and began thinking, talking, and having sex.

Just think about that for a second. This non-living material suddenly CAME TO LIFE. For the life of me, I just can't get myself to believe that, even if I tried. I just don't understand how naturalism/atheism is a more reasonable position than theism.

You have to believe that a process that can't think or see, created consciousness. So consciousness came from a process that can't think??

I just don't have enough faith to be an atheist.

1. actually learn about other positions before attacking atheism
2. There is no such thing as dead matter the only state matter is in currently is active. "dead" matter wont exist until the universe freezes over.
4. the big bang energy exploded outwards it was hot really hot we got our fist element helium figure it out from there.
5. you know that stuff in space were pretty much made of it were made of star stuff so guess what in some weird way we are related to literally everything.
7. Atheism is a better default position there is no evidence of god. Theism is the worst default position because you have the burden of proof and still fail to hypothesize a god, with testable proof.
8. you don't have enough faith to be a atheist. that is atheism its the lack of faith and belief in a all knowing and all loving god. so you should say i lack the metal processes of understanding the natural world and only want to say god did it.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(November 17, 2014 at 10:18 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: Where is the line drawn,

Wherever His_Majesty needs it to be at the time.

Quote: and what is the criterion?

Officially, there isn't one, else H_M would have just said what it is by now.

Unofficially, it's "X looks a bit like Y, therefore same kind."

Secretly, it's whatever His_Majesty needs it to be at the time. Rolleyes
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(November 18, 2014 at 12:26 am)Esquilax Wrote:

i stated this some where.. oh its a new thread on how creationism is stupid in 1 huge paragraph. there is a problem a real big problem if adam and eve were real millions of years of incest we wouldn't be looking human. also animals really did evolve so did humans. so i don't get why people believe god made everything perfect because god is a guy to and knows or should know that getting hit in the nuts hurts.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
What seems to be the trouble here? I've received a report that our atheism is acting up again. I came right over.
(November 18, 2014 at 12:31 am)whateverist Wrote: What seems to be the trouble here? I've received a report that our atheism is acting up again. I came right over.

welcome grab a beer its going to be a rough day.

Code:
(November 18, 2014 at 12:26 am)Esquilax Wrote:

Of course.

Forgive my penchant for trying to nail marmalade to the wall.

(November 18, 2014 at 12:31 am)whateverist Wrote: What seems to be the trouble here? I've received a report that our atheism is acting up again. I came right over.

We apparently have a flawed epistemology in sector 7B. Please activate the backups, and increase the shields to maximum. Report upon completion.

Oh I hope the shields will hold but the tug of salvation is strong. Must - resist - god's - love.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The balance of an unreasonable lifestyle Castle 91 14825 September 22, 2011 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: frankiej