Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 10:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Hello everyone
RE: [split] Hello everyone
(December 31, 2014 at 1:53 am)Stimbo Wrote: I'd like to ask a general favour of everyone present:

Can you tell me, please, if anything I write here contains information beyond what is in the actual words? Because this is like the third time now that Lambert has read more in my words than what I thought I'd written. For instance, I don't recall ever saying that he dismissed my Star Wars analogy because he doesn't like the films. Does anyone else get that from what I said? This might be a serious problem that I need to rectify. I might order a pizza one day and receive a kick up the arse instead.

Obviously, you're not the one providing the weird statements. BUT WHO CARES? Lambert is either stupid or deliberately pretending to be stupid (or possibly mentally ill), so it's not even worth it to attempt to communicate with him. I'm just reading through for the laughs.
(December 31, 2014 at 12:01 pm)Thackerie Wrote:
(December 31, 2014 at 1:53 am)Stimbo Wrote: I'd like to ask a general favour of everyone present:

Can you tell me, please, if anything I write here contains information beyond what is in the actual words? Because this is like the third time now that Lambert has read more in my words than what I thought I'd written. For instance, I don't recall ever saying that he dismissed my Star Wars analogy because he doesn't like the films. Does anyone else get that from what I said? This might be a serious problem that I need to rectify. I might order a pizza one day and receive a kick up the arse instead.

Obviously, you're not the one providing the weird statements. BUT WHO CARES? Lambert is either stupid or deliberately pretending to be stupid (or possibly mentally ill), so it's not even worth it to attempt to communicate with him. I'm just reading through for the laughs.

Thank you, and stay tuned with lots more to come.

And have you ever wondered why out of the so many billion self proclaimed Christians not even one has ever figured out that the Jesus of Matthew and Mark goes to hell? Or rather, what we would call hell as shown in the difference between the Gospels they read every day?

And so now do you understand why Catholics are not Christians and do not want to be identified with them? Or course they are willing to be polite and not ask them why they keep bombing the wrong countries again and again, and of this all because their Jesus will not come back? . . . with your tax money to boot and will spend your fortune and your children's future to get that divine landing strip in place so he can land when he does? And talk about idiots here who worship Jesus as their Lord and Savior who instead drags them to hell in hurry and is why I called them "placenta lickers" before?

And did you know that Is-ra-el means one-with-God and not piece-of-land because eu-phrates means bright-mind and not barren-land?

And are they any wiser than the cargo cults still waiting for their ship to come in?

I actually think it is funny that in less than 500 years they ran our entire civilization into the ground and are not even able to multiply on their own . . . because life is an illusion which is a concept that they will never understand, and obviously eternal life is not theirs to know the difference between.

And be reminded here that Catholics built this great civilization and the arts still belong to them to this very day (except the profits maybe because those fucken Catholics are filthy rich already).

The real problem is that they read their modified Bible with a Sunday suit on that they called the first day of the week instead of the seventh day of the week because critical thinking has gone 'poof' when acquired righteousness took over for them
Oh right, and that is just the beginning of it, but now you maybe can see why I am not a Christian and we already know why I am not a theist.

Then let me add that this same mindset does not even know what philosophy is, sorry to say, but they just do not know what it is, and that includes Oxford and Harvard also . . . which then also is why Wiki has that all wrong, I dare say.
(December 31, 2014 at 12:57 pm)Lambert Wrote: And have you ever wondered why out of the so many billion self proclaimed Christians not even one has ever figured out that the Jesus of Matthew and Mark goes to hell? Or rather, what we would call hell as shown in the difference between the Gospels they read every day?
Considering that you can get as many answers to almost any Biblical question as there are self-proclaimed Christians, I would have to say that no, I don't wonder why they can't figure it out.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 31, 2014 at 2:02 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(December 31, 2014 at 12:57 pm)Lambert Wrote: And have you ever wondered why out of the so many billion self proclaimed Christians not even one has ever figured out that the Jesus of Matthew and Mark goes to hell? Or rather, what we would call hell as shown in the difference between the Gospels they read every day?
Considering that you can get as many answers to almost any Biblical question as there are self-proclaimed Christians, I would have to say that no, I don't wonder why they can't figure it out.

Ok fair enough, but that means they just do not understand any of it, and to be frank, the Inquisitor at one time was charged with the duty to find their favorite recipe as Ordered by State Law, and that was only done to keep the fire of hell to a minimum in Christendom then.

And sorry, I hate to tell you this, but I defend the Inquisition also -- which is not to say that we should do it again, but only say that it justified then.

Oh right, and be sure to understand that the so called "Great Commission" is only ordered in Matthew and Mark and that should tell you why they are no better than the Jewish protestants also known as Muslims today, and I think they deserve each other, don't you?
(December 31, 2014 at 2:13 pm)Lambert Wrote: Ok fair enough, but that means they just do not understand any of it,
Or it was written and/or compiled so that you wound up with a book so open to interpretation as to be useless for actually determining any sort of truth, but useful for con men with good imaginations and an audience eager to be deceived.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(December 31, 2014 at 2:13 pm)Lambert Wrote:
(December 31, 2014 at 2:02 pm)Tonus Wrote: Considering that you can get as many answers to almost any Biblical question as there are self-proclaimed Christians, I would have to say that no, I don't wonder why they can't figure it out.

Ok fair enough, but that means they just do not understand any of it, and to be frank, the Inquisitor at one time was charged with the duty to find their favorite recipe as Ordered by State Law, and that was only done to keep the fire of hell to a minimum in Christendom then.

And sorry, I hate to tell you this, but I defend the Inquisition also -- which is not to say that we should do it again, but only say that it justified then.

Oh right, and be sure to understand that the so called "Great Commission" is only ordered in Matthew and Mark and that should tell you why they are no better than the Jewish protestants also known as Muslims today, and I think they deserve each other, don't you?

The bible and any biblical teachings or books were changed over time left with open endings and inconsistencies. The bible today and even before was mainly used for political reasons and even taking over land and killing people and be justified over it. The bible is a con mans tool and a offer of false hope. But hey false hope is good enough as true hope.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(December 31, 2014 at 2:37 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(December 31, 2014 at 2:13 pm)Lambert Wrote: Ok fair enough, but that means they just do not understand any of it,
Or it was written and/or compiled so that you wound up with a book so open to interpretation as to be useless for actually determining any sort of truth, but useful for con men with good imaginations and an audience eager to be deceived.

That is a very good point you make, but you must understand that the wolf is needed to nurse the lamb [from the rich man's table], wherefore then the messianic movement takes place in Galilee that we call purgatory today (which so is where the fire is at to purify gold). So the difference now is what happens after resurrection (because crucifixion itself is as easy as eating and drinking (according to Golding), but crucial here is the three days in the netherworld spend (right brain) to set the captives free (that Zamjatin called Mephis in "WE") so that liberty can be real in the end. So it really is a house-sweeping event but here now in the right side of our mind that they called upper room in the Gospels, which would be where persistent evils are home such as the sins of the clan, tribe and nation that therefore were called Mephis in WE. So these would also be tradition based and are where Zecharia's 'incense hour' in the particular was all about = is also missing in Matthew, to note.

Then notice that both Jesus' are from Galilee with the only difference that the Jesus in Matthew and Mark was not a true Nazorean that we would call Rome today so that 'tradition' (orthodoxy) provides the manger that is missing Matthew to say. What this means is that intuition must be the guide while in the absence of reason during this stage in life -- that I called the cocoon stage during metamorphosis, which really is what this is all about. Then notice that Herod speaks on behalf of reason (as beyond faith) who so is alive in us but must be pacified like an ox while present in the stable, let's say, and thus consciously aware and sane during this incubation event that is supposed to last for 10 days so that the new can take hold or he will be a 'self proclaimed Christian with his ass on fire for the lord' even if the ox only as much as burbs during that critical early infancy period. So the ox is needed for body heat only, we can say, and was a donkey that Mary rode while dragging 'good old' Joseph to Beth-le-hem then.

So history is what it is and this is where we are today. Russia did it different. They adopted restrain instead of reform and therefore are said to be in the 'silver age' again with future that looks very bright.

(December 31, 2014 at 2:50 pm)dyresand Wrote:
(December 31, 2014 at 2:13 pm)Lambert Wrote: Ok fair enough, but that means they just do not understand any of it, and to be frank, the Inquisitor at one time was charged with the duty to find their favorite recipe as Ordered by State Law, and that was only done to keep the fire of hell to a minimum in Christendom then.

The bible and any biblical teachings or books were changed over time left with open endings and inconsistencies. The bible today and even before was mainly used for political reasons and even taking over land and killing people and be justified over it. The bible is a con mans tool and a offer of false hope. But hey false hope is good enough as true hope.

The bible adds to the complexity of the mythology that creates higher highs in heaven and allows the civilization to expand very fast. Of course the liability is greater and that is why Indulgences were used as an artificial stimulant that in Russia was Siberia for them.

Just don't read the stupid thing if it does not already make sense . . . and here comes that wisdom of Plato again.
Why then is there a crucifix in your church?

Crucifix

Excerpt from Catholic Encyclopedia.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
(December 31, 2014 at 3:14 pm)Lambert Wrote: That is a very good point you make, but you must understand that the wolf is needed to nurse the lamb [from the rich man's table], wherefore then the messianic movement takes place in Galilee that we call purgatory today (which so is where the fire is at to purify gold). <snip>
I think you misunderstand my point. The Bible is open to interpretation. Nearly every story or verse can be interpreted to mean something. They can be pulled out of context, or given a different context, in order to build a case for or against any particular "truth." Your interpretation isn't any different than anyone else's in the sense that it doesn't sound any more or less convincing to me.

When I was a Christian I believed that there was a specific interpretation that was the correct one, and that it could be proven if one spent enough time papering over the holes by pulling more quotes from one context to the next and then papering over the holes created by those changes, and so on. It built a self-sustaining system where any questions could be confidently assumed to be answerable, and the interpretation as a whole would be unassailable because you couldn't just attack one point, and attacking the whole is just impossible.

It fits in with the habit I have noticed, where many theists prefer to present to us a set of presupposed truths that they assume we are supposed to disprove. But most of the things we believe are through explanations backed by actual, personal, and repeatable experience. Not just ours, but that of others that helps to confirm what we are learning. Religion often turns this on its head, demanding that we accept certain things as true and counting our efforts to confirm them in this manner as unreliable or even wicked. And it seems to me that the reason for this is that it forbids a critical approach to the claims of truth. And for something so important, that seems utterly backwards.

The book presented to us by the supreme intellect of the universe shouldn't be so shoddily written. Nor should I be counting on such a flawed approach to understanding his book. If I'm created in god's image, then I have no choice but to reject the Bible as a work inspired by my creator.

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] Are Questions About God Important? Confused-by-christianity 621 37915 December 9, 2023 at 9:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [split] Big Announcement and Invitation LastPoet 77 11592 May 24, 2015 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Randy Carson
  [split] Better reasons to quit Christianity radorth 10 5263 April 7, 2013 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  [split] Debunking Christianity? And Boris Spacek raised the dead... Boris Spacek 18 9880 April 6, 2012 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused