Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 6:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheism / Satanism
RE: Atheism / Satanism
(April 15, 2015 at 9:56 am)CuriousInquirer Wrote: are you all fucking dense? holy shit

Oh hello there! Do you have anything interesting to say? Getting insulted is all good fun, but it gets old after a while
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 15, 2015 at 10:03 am)robvalue Wrote: What's wrong with this country is they only made two seasons of TMWRNJ!

Awesome stuff. They got away with openly mocking religion every week too.
That wouldn't fly on primetime TV in the States.
(April 15, 2015 at 10:06 am)robvalue Wrote: So what's an atheist then? I mean, I probably am one. But what is it? Does it mean I hate God? He is kind of annoying, but I don't know if I'd say "hate".

If God is annoying and an existing thing is more annoying than a nonexistence ; then, God exists.
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all. - Denis Diderot

We are the United States of Amnesia, we learn nothing because we remember nothing. - Gore Vidal
Ontological argumentum ad ennui... why not
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

Our first clue that this thread was going to go wrong should have been that his religious views are "undisclosed," as if it's something that he/she can sneak in later.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
If you're going to leave after asking a silly question and getting several responses which actually do answer the question, then just leave.

Don't be a little bitch and come back to try and have the last word in a pointless thread.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(April 15, 2015 at 10:11 am)Pizza Wrote: If God is annoying and an existing thing is more annoying than a nonexistence ; then, God exists.

The thing is - you can punch an existing thing that annoys you, which makes non-existing things way more annoying, due to added frustration. 
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Having the last word will prove difficult...

I think he/she/it's gone now...

Hail Satan!
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(April 15, 2015 at 3:16 am)CuriousInquirer Wrote: Hello, I'm new here and I just wanted to know what the difference between atheism and LeVeyan Satanism is? I brought it up to one of my friends and they said they were practically the same thing. Any insight into this?

Thanks in advance.
Here's one more straight answer, to what I think is a disingenuous question:

I do not believe in a god or gods.  Therefore, I am an atheist.  It's definitional.  But atheism isn't a group in the sense that a club or religion is a group.  Atheist is just a word to describe people who don't believe in a deity, like bachelor is a word to describe unmarried men, or theist is a word to describe people who believe in at least one god or gods.  Lack of belief is the only entry requirement and there are no other beliefs or philosophy that necessarily follow from atheism let alone a secret handshake.

All I know about LeVayan Satanism can be found here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism  I don't care to know anymore.  It seems to proclaim a number of philosophic ideas, most of which I disagree with as well as some woo about "dark energy."  Most of the atheists I know would disagree with most of the LaVeyan philosophy.  But LaVeyan's are probably atheists since the site declares that they don't believe in deities.  So like Buddhists, LaVeyan Satanists appear to be a subset of atheists.  And no, most atheists aren't Buddhists either.  And Buddhists are not LaVeyan Satanists.

Many atheists, like me, are also skeptics and would reject both Buddhist and Laveyan Satanists for the same reason they lack a belief in a god or gods, i.e. lack of evidence.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
It has to be a disingenuous question, because you could easily answer it with a google search. There's no need to ask that here unless you want to troll some atheists.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanism seems fun FrustratedFool 50 3091 August 24, 2023 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27852 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue. Catholic_Lady 373 58542 September 24, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Deepthunk
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 12742 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Atheism v Satanism Exian 38 7671 December 4, 2014 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Elskidor
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12280 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10609 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Atheistic Satanism? LiakosVikernes 31 14406 October 3, 2012 at 6:18 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12110 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 38601 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack