Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:12 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue.
Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue.
This stuff freaks me out like nothing else, but nonetheless it's kind of intriguing in a morbid sort of way.  Undecided

I saw this story on facebook this morning and was wondering what you guys thought:

http://www.thv11.com/media/cinematic/vid...t-capitol/

I was also wondering what you guys thought of the actual Satanic Temple religion. They're all Atheists who use the symbol of the Demon to represent personal freedoms and their opposition to the idea of God:

http://thesatanictemple.com/faq
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
RE: Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue.
The statue is a very important piece of activism, because it is the only way oppressive minded Christians will understand why intruding in public spaces with your private religion is not nice.

I don't care much for what I've heard about the "philosophy" behind this atheistic Satanism thing. Seems a bit egocentric and antisocial.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Maybe a statue of an innocent man being tortured to death by the Romans would be more appropriate for public land. This is no less disturbing to me.
Although I agree, they are ridiculous
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. ~ George Bernard Shaw
(September 9, 2015 at 12:01 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: This stuff freaks me out like nothing else, but nonetheless it's kind of intriguing in a morbid sort of way.  Undecided

Why? It's all nonsense anyway.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Yes,  religious symbolism is ridiculous.

[Image: sophisticated-religion.jpg]
(September 9, 2015 at 12:08 pm)Alex K Wrote: The statue is a very important piece of activism, because it is the only way oppressive minded Christians will understand why intruding in public spaces with your private religion is not nice.

I don't care much for what I've heard about the "philosophy" behind this atheistic Satanism thing. Seems a bit egocentric and antisocial.

I agree.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Yeah, I agree that this basically needs to be done. It is literally the law that if you can put a crucifix or ten commandments in a given public spot, you can - and must, if asked to - put a baphomet statue or pentagram in that same spot. This is essentially what is meant when atheists point out that christians say they're being "discriminated against" when they're really being given equal treatment: 1) someone puts a statue of jesus on public land, 2) someone then says "put baphomet there too", 3) instead of putting baphomet up, they take the statue of jesus down, 4) "you took our statue of jesus down! discrimination!"
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
The state choose to break with the separation of church and state doctrine when they authorized the xtian monument. The door is now open to all religions. To stop other religions from also erecting a monument would be religious discrimination. I don't think the state will want anti-discrimination law suites on religion. They have enough other discriminatory issues to deal with. My guess is that the state will back peddle and the commandments will not be erected or removed.

The other link, my take, not worth my time and childish.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(September 9, 2015 at 12:08 pm)Alex K Wrote: The statue is a very important piece of activism, because it is the only way oppressive minded Christians will understand why intruding in public spaces with your private religion is not nice.

WELL SAID
I believe them to be fools, but if christians, muslims, etc can, why can't any others. In their private place. Not on public grounds.

For instance I should be allowed to put a statue of boobs in my front yard, if I had one. Not demanding boobs to be placed in public space.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanism seems fun FrustratedFool 50 2578 August 24, 2023 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  Petition UK Government Xygov 1 613 September 27, 2021 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Your thoughts on John Gray? Foxaèr 12 3137 May 14, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What are your thoughts on Richard Dawkins? NuclearEnergy 96 12705 December 6, 2017 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Bow Before Zeus
  Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics? NuclearEnergy 116 26710 November 30, 2017 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Thoughts On Atheism and Faith ray3400 107 12499 October 12, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Thoughts Torin 2 1005 August 18, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Remove Bishops from House of Lords - Petition Mr Greene 19 2080 February 9, 2016 at 10:48 am
Last Post: robvalue
  My thoughts on deepak chopra dyresand 4 1522 October 24, 2015 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Thoughts on origins Kingpin 54 8431 August 12, 2015 at 8:23 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude