Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheistic Satanism?
Atheistic Satanism?
Every person that I know, knows I'm an Atheist, but calls me a Satanist. I've made some research on the subject and as it seems, a lot of people associate Satanism with Atheism. Can someone tell me what's so fucking common with a Left Hand Path Religion and Atheism?This whole devil worshiper thing starts annoying me. My guess, is that the Christians have no way to prove anything in their beliefs, so all they can do, is use these punch lines to "insult" you.
RE: Atheistic Satanism?
Most satanists are atheist. They are satanists as a mockery of their Christian upbringing.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
That one has never made any sense to me either. Whoever spread that misconception only intended to demonize us.
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
Would that be a bit like turkey bacon?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Well there is an Atheistic philosophy called Satanism that doesn't have anything to do with the biblical Satan, except as a metaphor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaVeyan_Satanism#Magic
It's a bunch of bullshit and bad philosophy, combined with theatrics. I think the reason that many people think Atheism has something to do with Satanism most is two-fold.
A. They don't really know that much about either one, and somebody else told them so.
B. They are stupid.
(September 29, 2012 at 8:54 pm)Polaris Wrote: Most satanists are atheist. They are satanists as a mockery of their Christian upbringing.

Yes but Satanists are still in a sense religious. If you apply that kind of definition then technically we must call all who are religious atheists because to one degree or another they are atheist.
That isn't what most people do. What they tend to do is define someone by the religion they do follow as opposed to that which they don't. If someone follows Christianity you call them Christian despite the fact they are an atheist in regard to Islam.
Those who reject all religion in all its forms are defined purely as atheist in regard to all religion.

It does seem a valid question. Calling someone who follows no religion a Satanist just seems to be by its very definition a demonstrably false statement. They wouldn't call a Muslim or a Buddhist a Satanist. They seem to reserve this falsehood solely for Atheists.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(September 29, 2012 at 8:54 pm)Polaris Wrote: Most satanists are atheist. They are satanists as a mockery of their Christian upbringing.

If you believe in the biblical Satan, you most certainly are not an Atheist. I mean, just by definition.
Quote:If you believe in the biblical Satan, you most certainly are not an Atheist. I mean, just by definition.

The form of Satanism that is atheistic was created by Anton LeVay.

"LaVeyan Satanism does not involve the literal worship of any being other than the self, but rather uses "Satan" as a symbol of carnality and earthly values, of man's inherent nature, and of a cosmos which Satanists perceive to be permeated and motivated by a force that has been given many names by man over the course of time"

Still pretty silly, but not based on Christianity.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(September 29, 2012 at 9:22 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:
Quote:If you believe in the biblical Satan, you most certainly are not an Atheist. I mean, just by definition.

The form of Satanism that is atheistic was created by Anton LeVay.

"LaVeyan Satanism does not involve the literal worship of any being other than the self, but rather uses "Satan" as a symbol of carnality and earthly values, of man's inherent nature, and of a cosmos which Satanists perceive to be permeated and motivated by a force that has been given many names by man over the course of time"

Still pretty silly, but not based on Christianity.

Definitely religious though.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I thought it was "if you not with us your against us" types of things. If you don't believe in god then satan must have you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanism seems fun FrustratedFool 50 2796 August 24, 2023 at 6:37 pm
Last Post: FrustratedFool
  A question about atheistic “beliefs” (opinions, guesses, etc.) Frank Apisa 252 15642 June 30, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Atheistic calendar Interaktive 38 3514 December 26, 2019 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Make up your own atheistic quote Transcended Dimensions 56 9673 October 30, 2017 at 9:04 am
Last Post: brewer
  Could Gods hypothetically be atheistic scientists? causal code 5 2633 August 24, 2017 at 12:17 am
Last Post: Astonished
  Atheistic religions Der/die AtheistIn 21 6774 August 10, 2017 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  The second most atheistic group in the world is... Gawdzilla Sama 15 3580 December 2, 2016 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue. Catholic_Lady 373 56197 September 24, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Deepthunk
  Atheism / Satanism CuriousInquirer 160 14541 April 20, 2015 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Atheism v Satanism Exian 38 7548 December 4, 2014 at 4:03 pm
Last Post: Elskidor