Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 7:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask an Anti-Feminist!
RE: Ask an Anti-Feminist!
(June 5, 2015 at 5:33 pm)TheMessiah Wrote:
(June 5, 2015 at 5:32 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote: No you didn't. Calling it a "man-hating cult" is not a definition, dude.  You have to know this.

Not labelling yourself for the sake of coming off as a special snowflake, actually reading what other people are asking you, and answering honestly without confirmation bias are all tools to help you learn and be right more often.  If you can't even come up with a simple definition for what it is you're railing against, how is anyone to take you seriously?

Feminism in it's modern form = female entitlement and supremacy.

Happy with that definition?

Sure, if that's the definition you're working off of.  If I myself used that definition, I would also label myself an "anti-feminist".  

I suggest you read over the Ask a Feminist thread and see if that's the definition you'd like to continue to use, though.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
If 90% of women believe in equality, 90% of women are Feminists, we've been over this
“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”  - George Carlin
Who cares about what the majority thinks? The majority of people in the world:

- Believe in god

- Don't want to pay taxes

- At some point supported slavery and other hideous oppressive systems

- Have little knowledge to actually understand clearly society's power dynamics

So why should I take your argument as something more than an argumentum ad populum?
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

(June 5, 2015 at 5:39 pm)Saxmoof Wrote: If 90% of women believe in equality, 90% of women are Feminists

So why do the vast majority of women deny being Feminists while still believing in equality?
(June 5, 2015 at 5:41 pm)Dystopia Wrote: Who cares about what the majority thinks? The majority of people in the world:

- Believe in god

- Don't want to pay taxes

- At some point supported slavery and other hideous oppressive systems

- Have little knowledge to actually understand clearly society's power dynamics

So why should I take your argument as something more than an argumentum ad populum?

Correction: most people in the world claim to believe in God, the reality is that they probably don't think about it

I don't think not identifying with the Feminist label can be reconciled with support for slavery

Besides, who wants to pay taxes? I want lower taxes
Because they think Feminism is about hating men, I don't dispute that that perception exists, just that it isn't true, you've presented no evidence that it is
“The larger the group, the more toxic, the more of your beauty as an individual you have to surrender for the sake of group thought. And when you suspend your individual beauty you also give up a lot of your humanity. You will do things in the name of a group that you would never do on your own. Injuring, hurting, killing, drinking are all part of it, because you've lost your identity, because you now owe your allegiance to this thing that's bigger than you are and that controls you.”  - George Carlin
(June 5, 2015 at 5:38 pm)rexbeccarox Wrote:
(June 5, 2015 at 5:33 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: Feminism in it's modern form = female entitlement and supremacy.

Happy with that definition?

Sure, if that's the definition you're working off of.  If I myself used that definition, I would also label myself an "anti-feminist".  

I suggest you read over the Ask a Feminist thread and see if that's the definition you'd like to continue to use, though.

I've heard it all before, it's just politically correct.

Politically correct Feminism which continuously says ''we're still for equality'' while doing everything which stands against equality.

Last year, Feminists tried to ban a word from the dictionary because it triggered them; the campaign was backed by celebrities and millionaires, that's how pathetic Feminism has become.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVKyesBzDAs
(June 5, 2015 at 5:43 pm)Saxmoof Wrote: Because they think Feminism is about hating men, I don't dispute that that perception exists, just that it isn't true, you've presented no evidence that it is

How did this strong view of Feminism come about?

Do you think the fact that Feminist campaigns such as ''Ban Bossy'' which sought to ban the word Bossy because it may hurt women's feelings (a campaign backed by celebrities and other Feminists too) may turn women away from Feminism?
What's the difference between an anti-feminist and an MRA douchebag?

I'm having quite the difficulty discerning the two.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Never heard a feminist say anything, that would inconvenience me in the slightest. On the other hand - most of the anti-feminists I've met were insecure macho-wannabe pricks, who recently googled "pegging" and their testicles crawled right up inside their bodies as a result.

Just my personal experience, I suppose - but it kinda makes sense.
Anywho... here's my question:

Why should I give a crap about your fear of women (admit it - you just don't have the guts, to call it what it is)? What are the terrible consequences - contemporary or future - of feminism, looming over blissfully unaware society, that would make "anti-feminism" even remotely interesting? (I know - it's a topic that provokes emotional responses, hence its popularity among trolls, but that does not make it interesting)
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask a Feminist! (my turn) abentwookie 47 8533 July 5, 2015 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Mudhammam