Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 7:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ask an Anti-Feminist!
RE: Ask an Anti-Feminist!
(June 6, 2015 at 4:11 pm)Aroura Wrote:
(June 6, 2015 at 12:30 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: Further nonsense.

Read over my replies kid - I specifically said MRA's are bullshit whiners; neither Feminists nor MRA's escape my ridicule.

Furthermore, I did not ''deny'' the wage-gap; I said it's full of shit because....it is, men work longer hours, harder jobs and take less breaks; hence why there is a wage gap. If there is discrimination, prove it. The wage gap is a claim - it's up to you to say why discrimination it the answer.

Yet again, an accusation of ''misogyny''without a shred of proof - you have the word ''skeptic'' in your bio yet behave like a Creationist, without any evidence or creative thinking skills, can't say I'm surprised Big Grin

If I truly hate women, as you claim without an iota of proof, then please feel free to provide - because if not, thanks for proving why Feminism acts like a religion; you do my job for me.
And yet you just say that, but your actions/words don't really back you up.  I don't see any ridicule, nor calling them a religion, nor did you start a thread titled "Ask and Anti-MRA guy".

Your words in this thread tell me you are an MRA.  There seems to be more than one thing that you are in denial about, here.
I've read this thread without commenting until now, but this "misogyny without a shred of proof" comment really got me.  You have denied the plight of females, outside of Islamic countries, repeatedly.  That in itself is misogyny.

I'm not a big feminist activist at all. As a matter of fact, I don't much think of the word at all.  I guess if I was asked, Are you one, yes or no, I would answer yes, but it is not an integral part of my identity.

I do run a Girl Scout troop, and I do believe in empowering girls, especially in the STEM areas. But I also think girls should learn basic sewing, gardening and cooking skills.  Of course, I think all boys should learn those same skills....because everyone needs to learn to take care of themselves and keep a house up.

When I went to college, I was one of only 3 girls in an engineering class.  At work, same deal.  Lots of women in the front office, not so many in the back,  But that is changing and I'm glad for it. The wage gap exists, as do problems of women's voices not being taken seriously.  I've seen it, I've lived it.  

But now, I'm a SAHM, and my hobbies include sewing and cooking, and that's great too.  I don't believe in assigning gender roles or shaming people who enjoy things that are or are not part of those classic gender roles.  Women can program computers, men can be great stay at home dads.  People should be free to do what makes them happy without ridicule.  Feminism was and is necessary to even allow girls access to some of those fields.  I guess this makes me part of a religious movement in your eyes.  Dodgy

Anyway, I know I'm talking to a brick wall here, but I just  had to put in my 2c before this thread implodes. 

Keep on making friends here at AF!  Cool

I don't need ''actions'' to back up my anti-MRA stance; everything I say on this forum consists of words, not actions. I didn't say ''Ask an anti-MRA!'' because MRA's have never been taken seriously as pro-equality activists, whereas Feminists have.

I have not ''denied the plight'' of women outside of Islamic countries - I acknowledged it, but then argued that it does not need the label of Feminist; hence my point still stands.

If you can prove the wage gap exists because of discrimination, then provide evidence - because the narrative I'm seeing is women face discrimination in engineering; there's obviously a problem rather than....women just like different things to men, which is substantiated by their university choices - women have the choice to study engineering, yet the majority do not opt for STEM, they opt for liberal arts. The constant narrative is ''Women just don't have equality, they can't enter STEM'' despite the fact they have every opportunity to do so, but when they have a choice, they do what interests them; which evidently, isn't what interests men - both men and women study different courses.

Hell yeah this is my thread, you to talk to me, and ask questions about me.

My point of ''Feminism is a religion'' stands well - it's been proven in this very thread - and it was perhaps best proven during Atheism Plus.
(June 6, 2015 at 4:13 pm)Aroura Wrote:
(June 6, 2015 at 1:33 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: Firstly, GamerGate has nothing to do with this thread - if you want to talk about that, do so in another thread or elsewhere. This thread is about me

~snip~
Oooooh, I thought this thread was about anti-feminism?  Yes, your views on it, but that is the topic, not YOU.

Now I think I understand the whole fucking problem.  Not just a misogynist, total narcissist.

A Feminist would call that ''empowerment''.
Kid? O_o

I mean, fair enough if you're older, but....kid?

(/nitpicky twat)
[Image: 1110toon.gif]
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Quote:My point of ''Feminism is a religion'' stands well - it's been proven in this very thread - and it was perhaps best proven during Atheism Plus.
That's a debatable point, I suppose, but can you conclusively prove that stars do not operate via fusion reactions?
Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(June 6, 2015 at 4:02 am)TheMessiah Wrote:
(June 6, 2015 at 1:51 am)Goosebump Wrote: I have a question for an Anti-Feminist.

Do you act to try and repeal laws that provide for women's rights like workplace discrimination since there isn't an equivalent male version? Or do you work to see male sided laws enacted to mirror existing ones for women? Or neither?

Neither.

So you have no intention of changing anything then. Why do you seek to argue this point of view if you don't care about the outcome in society at all?
(June 6, 2015 at 5:16 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: [...]
Hell yeah this is my thread, you to talk to me, and ask questions about  me.

Oh-kay...

What's your favorite color?

Who's your favorite astronaut?

Do you often feel, that women reject you, because they think they're too good for you, the stuck-up b****es?

Are you worried about women becoming over-privileged, as a result of rampant feminism and one day you may be forced to pee sitting down? What ARE you worried about, really? Is your middle name "Bossy", or something? I'm sure they'll make exception for proper nouns, when they mercilessly pull it from the dictionary...

Do you think your mother neglected you? Or was she smothering you? I mean - she must have done SOMETHING wrong...

(June 6, 2015 at 5:16 pm)TheMessiah Wrote: My point of ''Feminism is a religion'' stands well [...]

Yup - just as well as my point of "Anti-feminism is a collective of wannabe rapists." Well - I posted it, didn't I? Therefore - it stands.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(June 6, 2015 at 7:57 pm)Dystopia Wrote: [Image: 1110toon.gif]

Men do 92% more dangerous jobs and put their lives on the line - why can't women do more dangerous jobs? That's crazy talk!
[Image: 80af930b8d3f19e0b8b03fa8ff264d9c4eb03743...d0b384.jpg]
(June 7, 2015 at 4:43 am)TheMessiah Wrote: Men do 92% more dangerous jobs and put their lives on the line - why can't women do more dangerous jobs? That's crazy talk!

Most men don't do more dangerous jobs than women and in the few fields which are more dangerous, they are male dominated so it is harder for women to make progress in them.

The consequence of this is the lack of role models. Women do not see other women doing those jobs so don't imagine themselves doing it either.
(June 7, 2015 at 5:55 am)I_am_not_mafia Wrote:
(June 7, 2015 at 4:43 am)TheMessiah Wrote: Men do 92% more dangerous jobs and put their lives on the line - why can't women do more dangerous jobs? That's crazy talk!

Most men don't do more dangerous jobs than women and in the few fields which are more dangerous, they are male dominated so it is harder for women to make progress in them.

The consequence of this is the lack of role models. Women do not see other women doing those jobs so don't imagine themselves doing it either.

Being male-dominated isn't necessarily a problem - that just evidences that men are more likely to opt for that job. Women, if they really want to, can opt for those jobs if they want --- but once you look at University stats, we find that women like to choose different subjects, despite having the opportunity to choose traditional subjects -- that's what happens when you give equal opportunity.

I don't think ''lack of role models'' is the serious problem, if women want it, then go get it - they have the means to do so.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ask a Feminist! (my turn) abentwookie 47 8533 July 5, 2015 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Mudhammam